What do you think this BC buck will score??

M

MattB

I know what the guy that shot this buck said it would score, but theres no way i can see it scoring as high as he says! What do you think it will score?

This buck was shot in the Kamloops area of BC on November 11 2002
184bc.jpg

Ok Here is a wild guess 187, But what does he really score, Nice buck and thanks for sharing.

smiley-faces-toast-beers.gif

Tagline

Unless I'm really missing something here, if that buck is 22-24" wide, it may only net in the high 140's to low 150's. Of course, pictures are very deceiving. His right G-4 is very weak, and the left G-3 is shorter than the other. Looks like only 12" G-2's, 2" eyeguards and average mass. Unless that buck is A LOT wider than it appears, I'll stick with my guess. Nice buck though and score isn't everything.

BOHNTR )))--------->

I have to agre with bohntr 140-150 , I cant see
it going to much over that.

let us know what he thought it would score,
or what he scored.

The guy that shot the deer said it scores gross 183 and only has 4 inches of deductions. I cant see it scoring that high! I thought it was only a 140 and maybe a 150" buck. I think the scorer needs to take another look at where all this imaginary antler is coming from....

I'm also gonna say around 140.

And I also agree with BOHNTR, "score isn't everything" A nice buck in my book.

I'm not real good a judging (guessing) muleys but I'd say that he is a little wider than 22-24". I agree with AntlerRadar, there is definitely more than 4" of deductions there. I'd say that he probably grosses low 160 but only nets high 140's.

This is definitely a nice buck and I wouldn't hesitate too long on the trigger.

If you get a good score, let us know so we can see how good a judges we are.

Ghost Hunter

I have to agree with the others , it might go in the 150's. If you go on the boone and crockett site you can download score sheets and how to score, download a sheet and check it out .Have a great Christmas.

Yeah he sure messed that up. Wouldn't it be nice if you could score like that though.lol. His tine measurement even seem like they are a bit off but at least you guys set him straight.

Yea, i found it pretty funny when he gave it a spread credit over 60!
At least we got the score right, and that is a decent buck i would shoot any day.

Very true it wouldn't take me long to pull the trigger. There is some nice deer in that country. I have hunted lots around Cache Creek over the years and have seen some dandy's come out of that area too.

I have hunted all over the cache creek area, i live in Logan Lake. Where abouts do you live and whats your best BC mulie? Me and my brother got a 27" 4x4 this year, and i have taken quite a few other 4 pts as well.

Talk to ya later

I live in Prince George but i have family all over in Cache Creek, Kamloops, and Barriere. my best so far has been a 24 inch 6 by 4 taken up in behind the Perry Ranch Feedlot by Cache Creek. in the last few years here i have been trying to get down there more but with work and all it is tough, usually end up driving all night to get there for the morning hunt. We have been going into the chilcoton the last few years also, but between Hat Creek and Scotty Creek it is a tough decision which of the three to head too.

All the places you mention are awesome area for Mulies. Hat Creek is my personal favorite though, i have only shot one deer up in there it was a 23" 4x3, but a good buck for me as i was 15 at the time. I like heading up right past all the ranches, i know a trail that leads right up to the alpine, and thats the best place for big ones. I missed a good buck up there last november, i called him in by raking an antler on scrub brush, he snook up behind me, and i was right on tree line, and as i shot he headed behind a tree, and i guess i hit the tree or it was a clean miss. I know in the summer a lot of people see some monster bucks all over the valley, i heard from a guy my dad works with that there was a 180" buck hanging around the ranches. I have a lot of pictures of hat creek and i can post them if you would like to see them.

Scotty creek gets really over hunted, the natives head up there year round and keep the deer skitish. Its just like the finney chip fsr up the hat crk valley, if you drive up there when theres snow, you will be lucky to see a single deer track because the natives dont give the deer a chance. But if you head back more, you will run into more and more deer.

Have a good christmas!

I'm always into checkin out picture's of any good deer hunting country. You never know i might even reconize some spots. I was talkin to my uncle, on christmas, he lives in Hat Creek , and he invited me down for a cat hunt this winter. I have never been but it sounds fun so i might try it out .

Muleychaser,
Whats your uncles name? My dad will probably know him, or i may too. I will post pics today of the alpine at hat creek, ive got some nice pictures of up there. Hope you had a good christmas, and i hope you head down there to take a cat out of the area!

Take care!

My uncles name is Trevor . He is managing a ranch out in that country. I was out there this fall and it is pretty nice in there. I guess the ranch goes right up to alpine also. He has shot a couple nice deer up in there already,but when you get to go ride horses around looking for cattle you get to see some nice country.

The guy i know up theres name is Jessie Richter, i think. Hes a native and manages the something 88 ranch. Its as far back as you can go before venables valley, i think. How big were Trevors deer, do you have pictures of them? Thanks

Hey there bud, the three he has have never actually had a tape put on them, but when i go down down there this spring i want to measure them. Two are definately in the 180's and the one might even go into the 190's.I haven't seen the deer he got this fall, he says it was nice, but not the one he wanted. The one he was chasing had alot of trash on it but he ran out of time. Went out snowmobiling today and seen eight moose , we watched two push each other around down on a swanp for awhile it was pretty cool to watch.

Muleychaser,
How long ago did he get these deer? I know Hat creek can produce some big deer because a lot of the area is very remote with good feed, and the winter range is so close to the summer range. Those bucks all sound like really good ones, anything over 170 is a really awesome buck to me. Does he hunt the alpine or pretty much all the area up there? When you head up there try and get some pictures of the antlers, thatd be really cool to see. I went sledding yesterday and didnt see any moose at all. I would like to see some bulls fight though! I was thinking about heading up there snowmobiling in the next few weeks, gonna maybe try up cornwall lookout or something like that. When you go up there you should bring your sled and maybe we could do some sledding in the alpine. Or if there is no snow, i am definetely gonna do some shed hunting up there this year, and see what the quality of bucks is like. A guy that works with my dad got a 4x3 that would have score 175" had it been a 4x4. He took that deer up the finney chip(first forest service road once you leave the highway from lilloett) towards the alpine.

Talk to ya later.

Hey there Matt. My unlce hunts high and low, He is a good hunter and spends the time when he can to look and look hard. I went out sleeding again and seen three more bulls right close to me.Two were pretty big with one being in the mid to high high fifties , the other was low fifties, and the small one had already lost one side. That would be pretty nice if we could meet up and go sleddin out there together, it is always nice to go for a ride. I won't be goin for awhile but if i do i'll let you know and maybe we can hook up. Do you ever come sledding up to PG?

Hey,
Thats cool about seeing the moose, and one bull already losing an antler, makes me want to start shed hunting! Any bull in the 50" range is good for BC! I dont have time to go sledding up to PG, im in college, and i go back on the 6th. I wish i had the time though. I want to head to Hat Creek really bad to go sledding but i just havent had the time over christmas break. Maybe over spring break we can try and get out for a ride in Hat, the only place i think we would be able to ride then would be cornwall though, but it would still be fun. Does your uncle live right up the hat creek valley, i dont mean near the hat creek historical area, i mean towards lilloet more where you come to 2 valleys. Hat crk valley goes one way and the highway goes into the valley to lilloett. You turn off the highway onto a gravel road and it goes into some ranches with logging roads branching off. Theres less than 10 ranches up there, i think. ANd all the area north towards cache creek along the highway is indian reserve, at least some of it is.

Talk to ya later!

Matt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom