What does this bull score?

I get him at 374 5/8 :)

Crazy scoring bull and not all the good looking but his left side is pretty epic !!!

Cheers, Pete

He scores…..
Meh, inches are for the bedroom.

As far as that bull goes, he’s a taker in any Utah unit. 15 years ago, you might have had an argument on units…

Those week fronts are bigger than most north slope raghorns.

All elk fill a freezer. Just how full? Raghorn or a mature bull? Mine get filled with mature bulls.

Those week fronts are bigger than most north slope raghorns.

All elk fill a freezer. Just how full? Raghorn or a mature bull? Mine get filled with mature bulls.
Any rag in my freezer lasts over a year. What’s another 30 lbs from a mature bull gonna do in my freezer besides freezer burn??

Doesn’t appear to have the main beams or width to be four hundo… 378 to 380
I think you’re right on the money there. That 43” mainbeam on the left side and those fronts and thirds kill him as far as being a 400”er. They gotta have everything to get things to add up that much.

But to answer the question I don’t think there’s a unit or hunt that I would pass him on.

Giving this bull 48” mains, 59” of mass that double beam 3rd is gonna carry some chunk on the h-2 measurement, and a 38” spread credit there’s a flare in the beam out towards the end.

That’s a 193” main frame which feels right to me.

Fronts 15” average
3rds 11”
4ths 21”
5ths 17”

158”

193+158=351” main frame 6x6. So, let’s call him a healthy 345” just to be safe.

Now it’s just figuring out how much extra there is. I can’t see that double main being less than 30” that plus the 9” flyer on the left side. Then it’s a 5” in line, 6” flyer on the right 5th and 1.5” sticker off the sword, all up? 51.5” of extra that jumps him from 345” to mid 390’s.

Not a unit in the world where you don’t shoot that bull.

Giving this bull 48” mains, 59” of mass that double beam 3rd is gonna carry some chunk on the h-2 measurement, and a 38” spread credit there’s a flare in the beam out towards the end.

That’s a 193” main frame which feels right to me.

Fronts 15” average
3rds 11”
4ths 21”
5ths 17”

158”

193+158=351” main frame 6x6. So, let’s call him a healthy 345” just to be safe.

Now it’s just figuring out how much extra there is. I can’t see that double main being less than 30” that plus the 9” flyer on the left side. Then it’s a 5” in line, 6” flyer on the right 5th and 1.5” sticker off the sword, all up? 51.5” of extra that jumps him from 345” to mid 390’s.

Not a unit in the world where you don’t shoot that bull.
Ya, and I would not waste a second trying to figure a score. Shoot first, admire and score latter at camp.

F934711B-ED67-46AF-BC99-0880BA057FFB.jpeg

No idea on score, but I would not hesitate to shoot him on any tag I could possibly get in my lifetime - Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, LE Utah, etc.

I’m not good at scoring elk on the hoof at all but my best WAG would be 380s.

I’d shoot it on the first day at first light anywhere.

I would have guessed over 400 but I am no expert. There's lots of inches in extras there so maybe those got me. He's a cool bull anyway.

Thats a cool looking bull, looks young tho so all I can think about is him with another year of age.... potential new record. That being said I would probably have to have a friend hold my bullets to keep the bull safe. :sneaky:

I would have guessed about 380. It takes alot to break that 400" mark. People see big bulls and automatically think 400". I bet most people have never seen a TRUE 400 inch bull in person on the hoof. But I would shoot that bull any day of the week on any unit. Maybe I will find one like that in Arizona on my archery hunt in 6A. A guy can dream, right!?!?

I'm thinking 390" gross and I wouldn't be surprised if he was over 400". The nontypical points add inches and make his gross score bigger than some 380" bulls that I might shoot over him.
I would not pass this bull on any elk tag in the world. Even if I had a bigger bull found and there was minimal other hunting pressure, he is too big of a bull to pass on ever.

I think he hits 4 hundi. Just my 2 cents, with all the extras I think folks are under estimating length. I keep comparing him to a 380 bull I am looking on my wall, hard not to see 400.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom