• 165-170

• 170-175

• 175-180

• 180-185

• 185-190

Results are only viewable after voting.

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
I've got a buck here that I shot in 2015, and I know what he scores. After seeing some of the guesstimates differ by as much as 40 inches on some deer I posted I'm curious to see how close everyone gets to bucks I actually know what they score. I'm not an official scorer but I'm sure I'm within a couple inches of what the buck really scores. I will post the real score in about a week. Then I will put another buck up and we will try it again. I love scoring bucks and just looking at them and trying to guess what they score. I know score is not everything but it is a pretty accurate way to measure the size of a mature buck. If others have any bucks they like to post up do the same, lets see how accurate we are.

20200725_133433.jpg

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
Love the eye guards... I’m guessing those get him just above 180. I’ll go 181. Assume we are gross.

KickrBuk

I’m thinkin he’s better than a guy would think with those eye guards , I’m sayin 188 6/8, just throwing a number out there

Homer

Long Time Member
That is a GREAT buck......I hope those mains are longer than I think.....so he can use all that inside spread

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Okay I can't wait a week I'm just going to tell you now. I measured him again. He has probably shrunk an inch and a half from when I shot him 5 years ago. Today he scored anywhere from 170 7/8 to 172 3/8. Nice job soccerDude Looks Like You don't need any more practice. Here is why I am not sure how to score him. I need your expertise. On his back G2 on his right side there is a cheater. Depending on where you say the cheater leaves the main beam it is pushing 15/16 of an inch which I believe if it's over 7/8 it's an inch correct? If it's not an inch then I would assume you just measure along the outside edge of it like it's just part of the G2. On the 170 and 7/8 score I just measured off to the side of it. If it's an inch it would be 171 and 3/8 and if you measure along the outside edge of it it stretches it to about 172 and 3/8. What do you guys think?

20200725_174008.jpg

DoubleDropMuley

Okay I can't wait a week I'm just going to tell you now. I measured him again. He has probably shrunk an inch and a half from when I shot him 5 years ago. Today he scored anywhere from 170 7/8 to 172 3/8. Nice job soccerDude Looks Like You don't need any more practice. Here is why I am not sure how to score him. I need your expertise. On his back G2 on his right side there is a cheater. Depending on where you say the cheater leaves the main beam it is pushing 15/16 of an inch which I believe if it's over 7/8 it's an inch correct? If it's not an inch then I would assume you just measure along the outside edge of it like it's just part of the G2. On the 170 and 7/8 score I just measured off to the side of it. If it's an inch it would be 171 and 3/8 and if you measure along the outside edge of it it stretches it to about 172 and 3/8. What do you guys think?

View attachment 10488
Whoops guess overthought that one lol!!

junior

Very Active Member
I remember reading your to straight edge, from the outer edge above and below the sticker. Then center measure the length. Idk I've never worried about official score. If he's a bit over 170, then hes 170 and change, and call it good.
My first thought looking at your deer was high 160s. Thanks for this I like practicing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom