What elk unit are you hoping you drew this year and why?

iccyman001

I am hoping I drew my #1 pick.

Unit 51 first season (1-15th)

I hunted it last year and the bulls seemed to be pretty fired up.
I also like it because I can get out there before the mad rushes.

Only downfall is labor day weekend will be in the middle of the hunt and I have a feeling it will be a madhouse out there.

If my harvest report back door draw holds up I drew my first choice..... 16b first archery. .... YA BUDDY

>If my harvest report back door
>draw holds up I drew
>my first choice..... 16b first
>archery. .... YA BUDDY

Congrats!

Definitely enjoy that hunt.

I've been trying to draw the sandias January deer for a while and according to the harvest report I,finally drew that too

I put in for Vidal, 45 and 6C.

Since I didn't see a Once In A Lifetime thing in My Account, I'm assuming I'm not going to the Valle Vidal.

So it is either 45 or 6C. Just happy to be getting out again.

>Do we expect to know tomorrow
>or will they make us
>impatient "archery addicts" wait until
>Wednesday?

I'm thinking tuesday night.....

I would LOVE IT TO BE TOMORROW THOUGH.

If backdoor works my brother and I drew 16B first rifle. Hopefully that holds true, I will be going from Colorado unit 40 rifle straight to NM 16B rifle. I got lucky and huntinfool drew my name for the colorado unit 40 elk hunt!

Agree, looked at my e-mails from last year. They came out Tuesday. The NMDGF website posted results on Wednesday morning if I remember correctly.

I am very sure I drew archery deer and elk...I am hoping for 21A second archery and 2B January archery according to what I saw the other night...it would be my 1st and 2nd choices respectively but I am just glad to be out in the woods chasing animals with my bow again after 3 years of no draws...

I'm thinking with the NMGF Facebook post saying Merry Christmas ( pending audit ) that the backdoor info has a good chance of coming true. I sure hope so with a license number on my acct for elk and barbs. Never figured out how some here could decipher if it was there 1st - 3rd choice though? Don't think we will receive emails til Tue pm.

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HUNT YOU DREW IS IF YOU CAUGHT THE "HARVEST REPORT BACK DOOR "OPEN WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. YOUR EXACT HUNTS WERE POSTED...... THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO TELL, THE ORDER YOUR HUNTS ARE IN,LICENSE NUMBER, NOTHING AT ALL..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom