What happened to unit 70???

callsalot

In 2006 I drew a 3rd season rifle mule deer tag for unit 70 with just a couple of points and it was a awesome experience. I think I so 20+ bucks the first day and deer everywhere. Three of use took a 180, 171, 159 class bucks in two and a half days. I meant to come back to that unit sooner but didn't make it back until 2015. It was completely different. Saw a few small bucks here and there and only one decent 160 type buck the whole trip. I was wondering if I was even in the same place.
What happened to the unit and is that what's happening to all of Colorado's deer hunts? Not sure where to go now.

Too many Hunters, poachers, predators, too many tags, winter loss, loss of habitat, mis-management; the list goes on!

Winter kill several years ago, and they have continued to increase the number of tags. Not sure how that makes sense other than: MORE MONEY

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Yes a long list indeed and similar to many other units around the west. I appreciate the feedback! I guess I'm always thinking the grass in greener on the other side of the mountain.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom