What hunt to choose???????

R

remington1068

I have 11 points for deer and have read alot of posts of different areas. I have changed my mind a half dozen times between the Crawford Mtns, Muzz Pauns, and the Bookcliffs. Will you all give me some input on what your thoughts are and why?

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-09 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]What kind of buck are you looking for.
And what areas do you have experince in.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I would forget the Crawford Mtn hunt as it is too dependant on the weather, if you dont get any snow in time the deer have not moved in from the winter migration from Wyoming yet.

Now flip a coin, heads pauns, tails Books.

Jake to be honest I have very little experince in any. I would be going to whatever place and scout. Along with getting as much advice as I could.

I only have experience with the muzzleloader hunt on the Books. (2006,2007) If you like seeing lots of deer, and would be happy with a 160" buck, that's your hunt. You should see a handful of 150-160" bucks. And have a chance at something bigger. A fun, fun hunt. A friend of mine had the rifle tag in 2005, and seemed to see less deer than we did with the ML's, but still killed a 26" buck. Might be a little crowded during rifle season with more tags this year.

Don P.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-09 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]With 11 points Id go with sanjuan elk ridge good chance of drawing that area with 11 points some big bucks there!!!
I wouldnt waist 11 points on the bookcliffs!!
Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom