What is DWR doing for our money?

hossblur

Long Time Member
So let's summarize.

Last year, all sales were online. The system crashed, continuously.

This year they separated out the spike tags, separated out the kids, opened sales in stores, and the system freezes, crashes, chokes.

In 12 months, it got worse.

Perhaps someone needs a pink slip?

They Are Taking it Hossy!

I Guess there'd Be Advantages to Living in the Sticks!

I Spaced The Sale Of Worthless Elk Tags off until about 3:00 PM This Afternoon!

Walked in to Our Local Convenience Store & in Less than 3 Minutes I Was Walking Back Out With Permit in Hand!

They Were Going Quick Though!

I Seen BIGJOHN'S Dog Trainer & BS'ED Him for a Couple of Minutes before I Walked in to the Store!

He'd Just Walked Out With His Permit & The Gal Told Him there Was only 2,000 Permits Left!

I Walk in 2 Minutes Later & There was Only 1,500 Permits Left!

Never Even Had To Get On My Flip Phone!

My cousin bought 4, one was mine.

I honestly figured with the kid and spike guys out, online would be slick.

I was wrong.

My boy rode his bike to Walmart and got his, 5min wait for the one guy in front of him.

Technology is sure convient

They don't know how to use a blinker I know that. One almost ran me over in his brand new Ford with mud terrain tires that never go in the mud. I was walking home from Maverick with my Dunford donut and Mtn Dew. He didn't blinker and almost hit me in the crosswalk. I wish he would have hit me, put a dent in his new shiny Ford we are paying for.

I’ll reiterate what I’ve said elsewhere: people that got tags that are complaining about this make me laugh. We’ve become so entitled, spoiled, and whiney.

I’ll reiterate what I’ve said elsewhere: people that got tags that are complaining about this make me laugh. We’ve become so entitled, spoiled, and whiney.

How exactly?

We pay into a system (dwr) that is always clamoring for funds. Then those precious resources get spent on a something that doesn't work, and is a waste of money. Even after separating out kids and spike hunters, it failed, on a massive scale.

So should we maybe put out some more "conservation" tags to raise money to dump into the dumpster fire?

Or perhaps cut our loses and return to the OTC method that just worked every year?

In the private sector, the system would have been scrapped after last year. Only in government does things fail spectaclarly, and get more money dumped on them, to fail yet again.

Sounds like your son got one in 5 minutes at the grocery store this year. Which begs the question, what are you crying about?

17,000 tags sold in 8 hours. Isn't their stated goal to get those tags into the hands of hunters? If they accomplished their goal, how is that a failure?

The DWR will never have good online systems. But I maintain that the DWR's online system isn't the problem here. Jokers plugging up the system on 7 different devices on their one login so they can be the first to say "I got my tag!!!" are the problem. Now, go buy up all that TP and bottled water, just in case...

And I'll keep laughing at the grown men who GOT TAGS cry about how hard it was. Goodness, we have turned into a society of snowflakes.

Sounds like your son got one in 5 minutes at the grocery store this year. Which begs the question, what are you crying about?

17,000 tags sold in 8 hours. Isn't their stated goal to get those tags into the hands of hunters? If they accomplished their goal, how is that a failure?

The DWR will never have good online systems. But I maintain that the DWR's online system isn't the problem here. Jokers plugging up the system on 7 different devices on their one login so they can be the first to say "I got my tag!!!" are the problem. Now, go buy up all that TP and bottled water, just in case...

He's 15.

He could get his night before season starts.

But there it is, government in action. "We suck, but give us more money to continue to suck"

I haven't looked, bit I'm betting it crashed again for spikes

Last edited:
Ya'll forgot the the DWR doesn't do the draw! It's Systems Consultants (AKA: Utah Wildlife Administrative Services) out of Fallon NV and they have a contract with the DWR for a portion of your application fee. If you want the DWR to pay them more to upgrade their system, then you'll have to be satisfied that there may be fewer DWR employees, fewer conservation projects and studies or older equipment. OR we could increase the application and/or license fees OR even add some more EXPO tags or auction tags to the mix. In any case, you're harping about the wrong people!

Orrrrrrr, get rid of them, spend the money elsewhere.

Who hired them? Who signed the contract?

I listened really carefully as I read your posts here, and I'm almost certain I actually heard your tear drop hit the key board on one of them.

It's okay little buddy Hoss. You've got connections, build yourself a nice, safe little cry room. Everything is going to be okay with that tag the DWR failed by putting in your pocket.

I listened really carefully as I read your posts here, and I'm almost certain I actually heard your tear drop hit the key board on one of them.

It's okay little buddy Hoss. You've got connections, build yourself a nice, safe little cry room. Everything is going to be okay with that tag the DWR failed by putting in your pocket.

Let's auction off another 100 tags to pump into a broken system. We shouldn't dare actually ask for a little accountability for our money. We know, the "we suck, you know we suck, now give us more" attitude.

Btw, how did you get your tag? Was you on the clock? I'm betting yes. I'm betting you were "working" while chasing tags. Your employer sure is gullible, paying on both sides

Btw, how did you get your tag? Was you on the clock? I'm betting yes. I'm betting you were "working" while chasing tags. Your employer sure is gullible, paying on both sides

How sure are you about that bet? Care to make it interesting?

Why would you take time off to do it ? Don't trust the system same as everyone else

You seem so confident. What are you putting up as collateral? Or are you just another big-mouthed internet blow hard? (That question was rhetorical, by the way.)

You’ve become Utah’s tristate. Congrats!

You seem so confident. What are you putting up as collateral? Or are you just another big-mouthed internet blow hard? (That question was rhetorical, by the way.)

You’ve become Utah’s tristate. Congrats!

Hit a little too close to home with the "typical government" crack huh?

Notice you are the only one defending a broken system? I wonder why? I already know, but I'll let you spin for the fellas

What is it you do for a living? I drywall, Bess plumbs, Tri skins. Funny how no one knows what you do.

I'm fine making bets, but not with ghosts

Hoss, don't take the bet.

I'm no stalker but even I know what Vanilla does and why he will take the bet. But carry on!

Could the experience be better? Yes it could. But in the end the tags were sold no matter if it was waiting on line for hours or done in minutes at a vender.

Those that really wanted a tag got one.

Hoss, don't take the bet.

I'm no stalker but even I know what Vanilla does and why he will take the bet. But carry on!

Could the experience be better? Yes it could. But in the end the tags were sold no matter if it was waiting on line for hours or done in minutes at a vender.

Those that really wanted a tag got one.

I do too. But he keeps it pretty quiet.

Ya tags were sold. So? They have sold out for years.

Question is, at what cost to those who pay the cost.

I haven’t defended the system one time. The DWR’s system is terrible, always has been. I’m calling you out for being a whiney baby. There is a huge difference! Suck it up, buttercup. Go hunt and enjoy it. After all, you got a tag to use somewhere in all this online whimpering.

You said you were willing to bet. Put your money where your mouth is, Hossy. You’re such a big man on here all the time. Don’t tell us all you are going to tuck tail and run now?

Even after separating out kids and spike hunters, it failed, on a massive scale.

Or perhaps cut our loses and return to the OTC method that just worked every year?
You do realize the tags were sold over the counter this year right????

So your saying don't give an online option to buy the tags?

4.5 hours, 4 computers, 3 guys.

3yrs ago, 20 min at the grocery store
Why didn't you just go get one at the store.

Your whining over nothing.

I logged in at 2:00 and bought a tag with no wait at all, tags didn't sell out till after 4:00. And I bet there wasn't much of a wait after noonish.

What are you complaining about? If someone didn't get a tag I do not feel sorry for them at all. You could literally drive to the store or log in on your phone or computer and buy one without waiting for several hours after the mad rush that happened in the morning. If you didn't get a tag you literally did not try very hard.

You do realize the tags were sold over the counter this year right????

So your saying don't give an online option to buy the tags?

Why didn't you just go get one at the store.

Your whining over nothing.

I logged in at 2:00 and bought a tag with no wait at all, tags didn't sell out till after 4:00. And I bet there wasn't much of a wait after noonish.

What are you complaining about? If someone didn't get a tag I do not feel sorry for them at all. You could literally drive to the store or log in on your phone or computer and buy one without waiting for several hours after the mad rush that happened in the morning. If you didn't get a tag you literally did not try very hard.

Yes, I'm saying DONT WASTE scarce DWR resources on a system that is garbage. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Not sure why the DWR not pissing away $$ on garbage is so controversial.

I'd say the same thing if they were buying trucks that don't run, boats that don't float, etc.

The vendor system wasn't broken, it was fine, is fine, as proven by all the guys who went to a store.

How many more biologists, equipment, etc could be had for what WE paid for a queue that freezes, and a fish that floats across the screen?

There isn't an endless pile of money at DWR.

I haven’t defended the system one time. The DWR’s system is terrible, always has been. I’m calling you out for being a whiney baby. There is a huge difference! Suck it up, buttercup. Go hunt and enjoy it. After all, you got a tag to use somewhere in all this online whimpering.

You said you were willing to bet. Put your money where your mouth is, Hossy. You’re such a big man on here all the time. Don’t tell us all you are going to tuck tail and run now?

I'm not. Tell the people what you do for a living. Why is that so secretive? Hard to make a bet on whether you were "on the clock" when no one knows who owns the clock, or where it's located.

Rule #1 in talking trash, you got to be on the court. Not in the shadows.

Ya. I got a tag. I get tags all the time. As do you. I still read your complaints about conservation tags. Is that you being a whiney baby? Shouldn't you "just go hunt and enjoy"?

Ya. I got a tag. I get tags all the time. As do you. I still read your complaints about conservation tags. Is that you being a whiney baby? Shouldn't you "just go hunt and enjoy"?

Maybe I wouldn't complain about them if I got a conservation tag every year? I guess we'll never know...

Nothing secret about me or what I do. You simply don't get to dictate the terms. You're becoming more and more like tristate every single day. Takes a dude with an enormous ego to think he gets to dictate what other men have to do. Not that it would be a shock to anyone here to have you described that way. But if you must know, I didn't even try for a general season any bull elk tag, so it's pretty clear I didn't get that tag when I was on the clock since there was no tag to get. I'm glad you were so confident and wrong, once again. It's par for the course with you.

Kick, scream, and cry about how hard it was for you to have your friend buy a tag for you. You're so picked on!

Maybe I wouldn't complain about them if I got a conservation tag every year? I guess we'll never know...

Nothing secret about me or what I do. You simply don't get to dictate the terms. You're becoming more and more like tristate every single day. Takes a dude with an enormous ego to think he gets to dictate what other men have to do. Not that it would be a shock to anyone here to have you described that way. But if you must know, I didn't even try for a general season any bull elk tag, so it's pretty clear I didn't get that tag when I was on the clock since there was no tag to get. I'm glad you were so confident and wrong, once again. It's par for the course with you.

Kick, scream, and cry about how hard it was for you to have your friend buy a tag for you. You're so picked on!

Super long paragraph, but I missed the part about what you do. That's 3 posts where you've tried to spin that. Why? Further, I didn't specify open bull tags, the same crap system was used for your spike tag.

No worries. I'm sure you ll burn a few more posts on calling me TRI, maybe if you tell loud enough, 1dude might notice you never did actually answer.

**Disclaimer, I already know, Vanilla knows I know. Disclosing it on this topic, explains why his panties got bunched up**

Spike tags haven't even gone on sale yet, genius. But keep thinking you know what you are talking about. If you "tell" (yell, genius) it loud enough, even YOU might start believing the crap that comes out of your mouth. I doubt it. But remember, just like George Costanza said, it's not a lie if you believe it.

Spike tags haven't even gone on sale yet, genius. But keep thinking you know what you are talking about. If you "tell" (yell, genius) it loud enough, even YOU might start believing the crap that comes out of your mouth. I doubt it. But remember, just like George Costanza said, it's not a lie if you believe it.

Are we at 4 posts now trying to spin?

It's 8:44, Utah time.

If the spin stops, you'll understand why I posted it.

Keep going Vanilla. If you call me enough names, Founder will lock the thread and you can walk away thinking you saved face.?

I
Yes, I'm saying DONT WASTE scarce DWR resources on a system that is garbage. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Not sure why the DWR not pissing away $$ on garbage is so controversial.

I'd say the same thing if they were buying trucks that don't run, boats that don't float, etc.

The vendor system wasn't broken, it was fine, is fine, as proven by all the guys who went to a store.

How many more biologists, equipment, etc could be had for what WE paid for a queue that freezes, and a fish that floats across the screen?

There isn't an endless pile of money at DWR.
Do you know how much money they spent on the program? It's 2021 dude they are gonna have an online option to buy tags, not just elk tags, but fishing, small game, combination tags, your b!tching about nothing. Like I said you could buy a tag without waiting for a good 4 hours before they sold out, and you could have walked into just about any store after 10:00 and bought one from a vendor without waiting.

Your arguments are not even coherent at this point, your just whining. Let it go dude.

It's 8:44, Utah time.

If the spin stops, you'll understand why I posted it.

Keep going Vanilla. If you call me enough names, Founder will lock the thread and you can walk away thinking you saved face.?
I'm not trying to stop anything. If you come on this forum and act like a spoiled little child, I will point that out. Hence, the above discussion.

You're acting like a little entitled baby. You didn't even sit in line in person or online, and you have a tag. Yet you come on here and start a thread about how tough you have it. Goodness Hoss, you don't even realize how silly and pathetic you look. You do you though, little buddy. Do you.

I

Do you know how much money they spent on the program? It's 2021 dude they are gonna have an online option to buy tags, not just elk tags, but fishing, small game, combination tags, your b!tching about nothing. Like I said you could buy a tag without waiting for a good 4 hours before they sold out, and you could have walked into just about any store after 10:00 and bought one from a vendor without waiting.

Your arguments are not even coherent at this point, your just whining. Let it go dude.

Do you?

The online works fine for non time specific licenses. Which is why I didn't mention that.

Stick to what I said

I'm not trying to stop anything. If you come on this forum and act like a spoiled little child, I will point that out. Hence, the above discussion.

You're acting like a little entitled baby. You didn't even sit in line in person or online, and you have a tag. Yet you come on here and start a thread about how tough you have it. Goodness Hoss, you don't even realize how silly and pathetic you look. You do you though, little buddy. Do you.

Learn to read. I did sit online. Thread isn't about me, it's about wasting resources on a failed system

A system you even agreed, failed.

A system you even agreed, failed.
False. It is a poorly designed system, but it didn't fail. I specifically stated that it did, in fact, NOT fail. It did exactly what it was designed to do. Put tags in the pockets of hunters, even whiney little cry babies like you.

False. It is a poorly designed system, but it didn't fail. I specifically stated that it did, in fact, NOT fail. It did exactly what it was designed to do. Put tags in the pockets of hunters, even whiney little cry babies like you.

It's designed to freeze and dump guys on the queue? Because that's exactly what it did. Feel free to ask around, seeing as you have zero actual knowledge, as you didn't use it.

Hey Hoss, I logged on today just before 1500 hours. It took me less than 3 minutes from the time I opened a web browser until I was the proud owner of a spike only tag. (2 minutes and 37 seconds, to be exact.)

Such a terrible system, and I feel picked on. Can I join your club?

It was frustrating. Yes we did get tags in the end but during the process that was not a known outcome. I logged on at 8:00 and several acquittances logged on between 9:00 and 10:00. Most all of them got through the queue before me. Seemed pretty messed up and the thoughts of not getting a tag were not fun.

Next year the OTC lines will likely be very long and everybody in the OTC line will also be working the online system with their phone.

Let's auction off another 100 tags to pump into a broken system. We shouldn't dare actually ask for a little accountability for our money. We know, the "we suck, you know we suck, now give us more" attitude.

It doesn’t matter two sh!ts if he was on the clock, that’s his job…

Rea
It doesn’t matter two sh!ts if he was on the clock, that’s his job…

I've yet to hear what he does.

I doubt highly the dudes you manage, if they spent hours on DWR site, would be ok. Just guessing you don't roll that easy

Where are w
Hey Hoss, I logged on today just before 1500 hours. It took me less than 3 minutes from the time I opened a web browser until I was the proud owner of a spike only tag. (2 minutes and 37 seconds, to be exact.)

Such a terrible system, and I feel picked on. Can I join your club?
[/QUOTE

Where are we #7 or 8?

Not sure, you've spent a lot of time spinning, no time telling the folks what you do.

Again, you sit on the shadows, mouth off.

Have you noticed no one coming to your support other than Jake, and he didn't use the system?

I thought we we had a wager. All we need is WHO you work for, so we know IF you were on the company dime, or your own.

Come on, don't be scared. You have a big mouth.

Who DO YOU WORK FOR?

Hoss, it’s really NONE of your business who he works for or doesn’t…
As for you asking about me about how I’d react to guys I manage… If it’s for family, hunting or fishing, by all means get it done…That’s my attitude…

Oh Hoss, I know it must be tough being exposed as the keyboard warrior that you are. I’ll try to break this down simply for you.

First, this thread isn’t about where I work, or me at all. You started it to show what a giant whiney, entitled snowflake that you are.

Second, I didn’t come here for support. I know you’re constantly looking for online validation, but not all of us need that. I’ll like one of your posts to help that fragile ego, little buddy. I’m here for you.

Further, the bet YOU proposed was about general any bull tags. I didn’t use one second of anyone’s time to obtain one, not even my own. You lost, but you’re not man enough to even own it. Not surprising to anyone here…trust me.

Finally, you don’t dictate any terms here. That’s got to be awfully frustrating for someone who thinks he’s as important as you do. Deal with it.

I got a tag and it was easily the least stressful experience I’ve ever had getting a tag. 2 minutes and 37 seconds total. I’m not sure how the system could have possibly worked any more smoothly for me than it did. But even if it took me 7 minutes, I wouldn’t have gone online and cried about it. That’s because I’m not a whiney little baby.

Hoss, it’s really NONE of your business who he works for or doesn’t…
As for you asking about me about how I’d react to guys I manage… If it’s for family, hunting or fishing, by all means get it done…That’s my attitude…

To start with, I already know what he does.

He wanted to try to call me out on some bet, "challenging" my post about waste of money.

The point of my hitting him about his job, is that sitting on the DWR page for hours, during buisness hours, meant he was doing so in someone else's dime.

He thought he was cute wanting to get that he hadn't, knowing that he wasn't on the system at all.

Further. No offense. But I don't believe for a second you'd PAY your crew while that sat on that site for hours. I'm sure you'd give them the time, just not paid.

Oh Hoss, I know it must be tough being exposed as the keyboard warrior that you are. I’ll try to break this down simply for you.

First, this thread isn’t about where I work, or me at all. You started it to show what a giant whiney, entitled snowflake that you are.

Second, I didn’t come here for support. I know you’re constantly looking for online validation, but not all of us need that. I’ll like one of your posts to help that fragile ego, little buddy. I’m here for you.

Further, the bet YOU proposed was about general any bull tags. I didn’t use one second of anyone’s time to obtain one, not even my own. You lost, but you’re not man enough to even own it. Not surprising to anyone here…trust me.

Finally, you don’t dictate any terms here. That’s got to be awfully frustrating for someone who thinks he’s as important as you do. Deal with it.

I got a tag and it was easily the least stressful experience I’ve ever had getting a tag. 2 minutes and 37 seconds total. I’m not sure how the system could have possibly worked any more smoothly for me than it did. But even if it took me 7 minutes, I wouldn’t have gone online and cried about it. That’s because I’m not a whiney little baby.

The OP was about the waste of money the system is. You thought you'd be cute by pushing some bet that you didn't waste time on it, NOT because the system sucks, but because you don't hunt any bull.

Funny thing is I know what you do, and who it's for. You know I know it, which is even funnier.

Beyond that, you don't even disagree the system sucks, you said so yourself.

So, "little buddy", which you would never have the guts to say to my face, feel free to remain anonymous. I'm not going to rat you out. You'd lose the "high ground" if you came out if the shadows, and we both know you fancy yourself the intellectual giant of MM.

Yes. You didn't waste time on the any bull draw. Because YOU HUNT SPIKES. Congrats, that really proved the any bull system works, I mean you don't use it so you wouldnt know, but hey, technicalities are technicalities.

I owe you a case a beer, I'll bring it by your office.

Feel free to stop by any time. I’m out all next week, I’ll be back in after that. I’ll gladly tell you what a whiney, entitled blowhard you are to your face. You’re not scary.

Feel free to stop by any time. I’m out all next week, I’ll be back in after that. I’ll gladly tell you what a whiney, entitled blowhard you are to your face. You’re not scary.

Shall I just drive around the state endlessly calling your name out the window? Or should I just drop that case off on the side of I-15?

Hard to bring it to an office, that apparently doesn't exist

Shall I just drive around the state endlessly calling your name out the window? Or should I just drop that case off on the side of I-15?

Hard to bring it to an office, that apparently doesn't exist

Funny thing is I know what you do, and who it's for. You know I know it, which is even funnier.

Oh, it’s funny alright! You can’t even keep yourself straight in a 24 hour period. It’s funny, indeed. People are laughing at you though, not with you.

If you know what you say you know, and you say I know that you know, stop by. Any time. I’ll gladly welcome you in, tell you you’re pathetic and a wanna be keyboard bully tough guy, let you have a good cry, then I’ll even take you to lunch.

I hope the tag that you have that was SO HARD to get and has you so much in your feelings brings you joy this year once you get out to hunt. I legitimately do. This whine session of yours has been embarrassing. You can be better than this.

Oh, it’s funny alright! You can’t even keep yourself straight in a 24 hour period. It’s funny, indeed. People are laughing at you though, not with you.

If you know what you say you know, and you say I know that you know, stop by. Any time. I’ll gladly welcome you in, tell you you’re pathetic and a wanna be keyboard bully tough guy, let you have a good cry, then I’ll even take you to lunch.

I hope the tag that you have that was SO HARD to get and has you so much in your feelings brings you joy this year once you get out to hunt. I legitimately do. This whine session of yours has been embarrassing. You can be better than this.
#23?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom