what power 10x or 8x

W

wool4221

hay all, looking at getting some new binos and having a hard time choosing what power to get.I hunt western and eastern washington, so thick and open country , thow I'm thinking of spending more time in the open stuff. think I'm going to bite the bullet and get swarovskis so its between EL 10x42 or 8.5x42.
Which would you go for and why?

p.s. any thoughts on Kahles, I know that they are not swaros
but do they come close at all?

thanks for your thoughts

I'd get the 10x. We had a 7x and 10x side by side in WY one time, and with the 7x we could see that those dots were deer in the sagebrush, with the 10x we could see that they were deer, and both BUCKS, probably 700 - 800 yds away. since then its 10x for me. Although if I hunted dense timber exclusively I would like to try a 6x bino for wider field of view looking at things less than 150 yds, and trying to see if that is branches or antlers on that elk/deer in the timber.
My .02

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-05 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]10x hands down. They are the only thing for open country but still work well in thick stuff. You just can't see far enough with anything less. Congrats on choosing the EL's. It'll be the best investment you'll ever make in hunting equipment!

Unless you have some kind of medical condition that causes you to shake uncontrollably, I'd suggest you get the 10x42 EL's and never look back. Kahles are good, but as you said, they're not Swarovski's....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom