What should I eat first? :-)

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Well guys, just got all my venison wrapped and put in the freezer... wanting to make dinner tonight for my brother and his wife who just moved up here from California...

Needless to say I want it to be quite tasty. Most venison that I've eaten has been pretty dry, so any recipes or cuts that are your personnal favorites post 'em up! I was thinking about grilled backstraps but I would like suggestions on heating, and seasonings... thanks!

Michael

WHatver you cook, dont cook it too long, Venison cooks WAY faster than beef becuase of how lean it is. You need to really watch it close or it will overcook.

Never cook past medium, if cooking in a skillet keep the lid on to retain moisture. Shouldn't take but a couple minutes per side.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I would bake chops with an peppercorn gravy and wild rice and a veggie medley and fresh grilled sour dough garlic bread!
serve with a good micro brew ice cold!!
PEACH COBBLER AFTER!!
ENJOY!!
Rackmaster

I tenderize the chops and shake them in flower. Then I season them with Lowerys and a little garlic. Melt butter in the pan. Flash fry them on about medium high. Turn it down to low, add some watern in bottom of pan, cover and simmer for 20 min. You can cut it with a fork. Put them on wild rice and make some good brown gravy. I am getting hungy just talking about it.

All sounds dee-lish you guys--I've already copied these
down! One little thing I've found to make a BIG difference
when grilling game steaks--when the meat goes on the heat,
slap some foil over the top of 'em before closing the lid.
When you flip them, put the foil back on top until they are
done--the tender-'n-juicy-factor is increased remarkably.

Rumproast

I love to make finger steaks with deer and elk meat. Make sure there's no fat and no silverskin or bone in the meat. Use steaks meat and clean it up nicely before you cook it. I cut them into very thin strips about 4 inches long. drench them in flower (you can put your favorite seasoning in the flower) add some fresh ground pepper to the flow and seasoning mix and fry in a pan. I put about a 1/8 in of oil in the iron skillet and fry the steaks for a couple minutes, about medieum at MOST! They are awesome and any meat eater will wonder how you got it so tender. dont over cook it or it will be too dry. . .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom