What state ?

Nevada for me
Nevada is a state I haven't seen much of except Vegas and I guess I need to tour some National Forests there. I hope this year is a good year there. We sure keep getting winter here. The Mrs is growing some of the garden indoors as the summer will be too short this year. Thanks for posting Maddog !

Lots of Californians. It is a beautiful state. Do you guys think the tide will ever change to more conservative ? I don't see how it will survive in it's current threat financially.

Nevada is a state I haven't seen much of except Vegas and I guess I need to tour some National Forests there. I hope this year is a good year there. We sure keep getting winter here. The Mrs is growing some of the garden indoors as the summer will be too short this year. Thanks for posting Maddog !
Going to be late getting a garden here also. Lots of snow this year in the Spring Creek area

Kalirado, born and raised, Tied to the state for now but could definitely see myself relocating in some years

Last edited:
California Central Coast. Can see the open ocean from my dinner table, which is nice but being so far west makes nearly any out of state trip a pretty long drive. All of my out of state trips are 10-20 hour drives. Could be worse I guess if I lived on the east coast!

California Central Coast, It's officially gopher season here....
1682185205506.jpeg

Washington, but I'm open to suggestions.
My suggestion is anywhere but Washington!! Used to be pretty nice state especially on the east side but when they outlawed trapping, hound hunting, and bear baiting in the mid 90's it's been down hill ever since. West side pretty much like Southern Cal.

I've been in Montana for close to 20 years now.

My suggestion is anywhere but Washington!! Used to be pretty nice state especially on the east side but when they outlawed trapping, hound hunting, and bear baiting in the mid 90's it's been down hill ever since. West side pretty much like Southern Cal.

I've been in Montana for close to 20 years now.
I left Washington in 1999. Shot a few Muleys there and a Blacktail in the Ahtanum area close to Yakima. Wouldn't move back.

Close to Great Lakes ? I saw part of Ohio once but it was an airport transfer. Good Whitetail hunting Lhedrick ?
Yup..I'm about 15 miles south of Lake Erie. We are known for walleye/perch and exceptional steelhead fishing. Excellent whitetail hunting further south but there are areas by me where they kill a 180" deer every year. Surprisingly we are well know for our wine too.

Yup..I'm about 15 miles south of Lake Erie. We are known for walleye/perch and exceptional steelhead fishing. Excellent whitetail hunting further south but there are areas by me where they kill a 180" deer every year. Surprisingly we are well know for our wine too.
I love to fish as there is all year compared to a couple months of Big Game hunts.

West Virginia, and I’ve never lived more than twenty five miles from where I was born.
I’ve been doing western hunts for about twenty five years.

I notice some of the California guys want to clarify they are from Northern California. Is that because they don’t want to be associated with the people from Southern California.
Yes sir, I'd love it if they split our state into two states but it'll never happen because they need our water down south. They could make the split at Sacramento and I'd be happy.

Born and raised in FarNorCali up in Shasta County except for a few years in Nevada when I was a kid. Moved to Utah for work and spent 15 years there. Finally moved to back Nevada where I hope to finish it out. I love ALL the mountain west and west coast states. Can't imagine living anywhere else.-----SS

Last edited:
South eastern CA is very red too. Like San Bernadino County. It's a lot like West Virginia but with almonds.

I notice some of the California guys want to clarify they are from Northern California. Is that because they don’t want to be associated with the people from Southern California.
Many folks from the bigger states clarify because it is so different from one end to the other. Best examples are Texas and California. Politics aside, the geography and culture are way different where I grew up in Shasta and Lassen Counties compared to 700 miles south in Los Angeles or San Bernardino Counties. If you drive for 700 miles in most states, you are in another state......or two. Utah is a big state and it is 350 miles from stem to stern.-------SS

Tri Cities Washington to Utah, never imagined leavening…. Should have left in 90’s…

And the Bay Area. They can all fall in the Ocean for all I care.

First 21 years in Erie ,PA. 1977 moved to Phoenix. Last year moved to South Carolina , it sucks but got a good Woman here . The hunting sucks here too. All private . at 67 I will hunt the West as long as I can. Hunted all over the Country ,West is Best.................BULL!
I can't see leaving the west for the east, for any reason. My dad lives in TX on the Gulf Coast and the weather there is about the worst anyone could dream up!

Lots of Californians. It is a beautiful state. Do you guys think the tide will ever change to more conservative ? I don't see how it will survive in it's current threat financially.
No. I think the state is saturated with liberals in the cities.

Upper Michigan. 2 hours north of green bay wisconsin, and 7 1/2 hours from Detroit. Seems the UP is getting flooded by chicago/milwaukee/detroit/indiana and ohio.

Two Rock was a great place to grow up and still is by most standards. But just like everywhere she's a changing. When I graduated high school in 94' there were well over 300 active dairies in Sonoma County. There are somewhere around 70 nowadays and going down. Making a living producing moo juice is a dying industry in our area.
Lots of the ranches have split up and are now hobby farms for the gilded class from silicon valley and the city. And with that comes a whole new attitude about agriculture and life in general. 4-H and FFA involvement numbers are both way down.
All in all though Two Rock is still a great place, with a lot of old school, good hearted people. Although I cannot comment with personal experience, I have heard a lot of people say that it resembles Ireland and parts of Scotland quite a bit. Most of you would like it, especially if you enjoy foggy mornings and a stiff onshore breeze!

I can't see leaving the west for the east, for any reason. My dad lives in TX on the Gulf Coast and the weather there is about the worst anyone could dream up!
I hate it ,but the situation at my age is good $with her. I lost My Butt and 2 houses and land in N. Mexico. I will get back some how. Love my Arizona. She is from same town in PA. as me . Great Lady .

California Central Coast. Can see the open ocean from my dinner table, which is nice but being so far west makes nearly any out of state trip a pretty long drive. All of my out of state trips are 10-20 hour drives. Could be worse I guess if I lived on the east coast!
You and me both....from Orcutt, California. Just about as far from any out of state hunting possible from the West. I love the area I live in....best climate in the United States. I don't like the politics here but if you bury your head in the sand deep enough, it won't bother you much.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom