What suppressor are you running?

HntHrdr

Very Active Member
Looking at some different options in the 30 cal realm, I’ve shot dead air… it was the heavier model. Anyone running a TBAC or a silencerco harvester? Anything else that guys love? Looking for more of a lighter hunting only can. Will go on a 22&1/4 .308, and possibly a longer 7 mag X bolt.

TBAC is the standard in my opinion. Great products and even better company. I have a TBAC 338 muffler and it's been great, but a Dominus or Ultra 7 would be a better choice for most people.

I mostly use a couple Harvester 300 on everything from a 20 cal to 6.5 because of the light weight.
I know I can go to 300 Win but on the 300 RUM I use the Thunder Beast.

Zeke

Rugged radiant 7.62

Can also make it shorter if ya want. Super light to.

Just warning took me 14 months and 10 days for the atf to approve. So be patient. E-forms they claim less than 90 days for approval. My dealer has yet to see that happen

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, I’ll have to look at rugged as well. I had heard good things about the E forms but so far it sounds like pipe dreams

If I were buying today, I'd be looking at TBAC first or one of the titanium mufflers from Dead Air. I would steer clear of Gemtech and AAC.

Don't get hung up on availability from a local dealer, you can buy one anywhere in the country and have it shipped to your local dealer for the transfer.

The only thing that hangs me up a little on the tbac and deadair is price… we are talking a metal tube that would be more expensive than most of my rifles, cause the feds said so, but I get it. You get what you pay for most of the time

The only thing that hangs me up a little on the tbac and deadair is price… we are talking a metal tube that would be more expensive than most of my rifles, cause the feds said so, but I get it. You get what you pay for most of the time
It's a lifetime purchase, look at it like a marriage and marry wisely. This is literally one of the few things that you need to forget about the price and get exactly what you need.

Do you guys use suppressors on big game rifles because you shoot a lot in the field? I've never considered one- always have ear protection at the range, and don't shoot more than a couple shots per year while on the hunt. Maybe those few shots in the open are still too much for the ears?

I do wish the big magnum guys at the range used them tho- hate being next to a 3XX magnum with a muzzle break- hard on the concentration.

I like shooting muzzle brakes, but boy, when you don’t have your ear pro on, get ready. Which happens often in the field. A suppressor gives all the benefits of a brake, plus a bunch of decibel reduction, which is why I want one. Shot them a few times in the army but they were relatively rare outside of SOF units. After shooting them predator hunting with a friend I was hooked

Find a good dealer. A dealer that has demos and willing to take you out shooting. Lucikly my friend sells them. Started off of what he suggested and likes. I tried each on the rifle to see what I liked. Then we took 12 cans out and shot them all. He even brought some sub sonic rounds to see how quiet it can be. That's how I picked the can I wanted. Just don't buy off of advice and what looks good. Find that dealer to actually go out and try them

I haven't received mine yet but I will be rocking a Thunder Chicken by Q. Comes with a muzzle brake the can screws onto and no timing needed. My buddy has a few of them on different rifles and they are phenomenal. Just take off of one gun and put on the next (assuming threads are correct). I don't anticipate needing ear plugs for anything smaller than .284 based on my experience with his rifles.

I haven't received mine yet but I will be rocking a Thunder Chicken by Q. Comes with a muzzle brake the can screws onto and no timing needed. My buddy has a few of them on different rifles and they are phenomenal. Just take off of one gun and put on the next (assuming threads are correct). I don't anticipate needing ear plugs for anything smaller than .284 based on my experience with his rifles.

Rugged works the same way. Just attach their muzzlebrake. I got barrels In 1/2" and 5/8" and I put 3 port muzzlebrakes and flash muzzles on all my rifles so I can quickly attach the suppressor from one rifle to another.

I dont wear ear plugs on any bolt action ,that being a .300 win mag. Noise is not a issue

But I do wear ear plugs on a ar-15. Still has a good crack with the suppressor. I can survive without the ear plugs shooting but ya don't get hearing back

20220606_180508.jpg

I have been shooting the Nomad regular size. The Nomad LT is Ti and lighter. But it doesn't have the same abilities to handle more pressure. So I went for the short one. As long as it's hearing safe thats all that matters to me. It can also handle a 300 rum.

I have the TBAC untra 7 and the dominus. The dominus is shorter, fatter, and quieter but both are great. I’ll never hunt without one again.
Tbac ultra 7 is what I was looking at, I seems like it is sold out a lot, part of me wants to look at the evo harvester to start and then get a can for my “pistol” AR platforms that can handle the shorter barrels.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom