What to do with 5 out of state general deer preference points?

if you have any points in NV, I’d be happy to point you in the right direction. As for UT, I have to agree with El Gringo.

On a side note, I will have 6 general deer points this year & I’m in the same boat as yourself. I’m just going to play the odds of drawing & try to make the best of it if I do.

Come on guys, if you believe all the gloom and doom there isn't a general unit in Utah worth hunting.

But if you still want to apply pick a unit with the terrain you would like to hunt and hopefully a great landscape you can enjoy for your time in the unit and hunt.

I’ll also warn you, that any specific recommendation that you get on a public forum like this, you should be very wary of, and do your own, offline research. I won’t say that these boys would lead you away…. But….. Ya know

My recommendation is to hunt a Muzzy season. I personally don't know if any general season unit in Utah is considered that much better than others. But with lower tags numbers, a muzzy hunt might be more fun and less crowded for you.

I'd say stay away from any unit in the Uintas, though. Even 2 points are rare there.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom