what up bessy

Hey Stinky!

They've Decided I Don't Hunt Here On MM!

That's My Story & I'm Stickin To It!

Most Of The BS Entertainment Is DownStairs In The Utah Forum!

Hey Stinky!

They've Decided I Don't Hunt Here On MM!

That's My Story & I'm Stickin To It!

Most Of The BS Entertainment Is DownStairs In The Utah Forum!
EC5D9D32-16E0-49D4-9192-DB4F527BDE23.jpeg
Maybe you can take up fishing with me Bob. They are much easier to pack out !

Bess, checked out the utah forum. It looks like stinkystomper should return. Some of those characters in there. I can only imagine the amount of stirring I could do.

2lumpy. I went back in 2019 for a single kudu. It was actually a free hunt given to me by an outfitter who saw an outsized kudu that he wanted only me to take. 10 days hunting and finally found the kudu on the last day at 1200 yards without enough time to take a shot.

Haven't been able to make it back since. I have a full time job with the DOE so time and money are scarce.

On a lighter note, im trying to make another run at a long term job I will like more than the DOE. I invented a device that clips onto most any bow sight in under a second. It converts your bow sight to laser range finding and lights up the correct pin to use.

If its not legal in your state then you unclip it from the mount. The mount stays on your bow permanently. the mount is pretty tiny and holds your fiber optic cables inside of it. When your ready to put the rangefinder back on your bow sight you simply clip it back in the mount on the sight. It simply clicks back in and takes a split second to do so. it works just like clipping a camera in and out of a tripod. When its not clipped in it acts as a standalone range finder and ranges out to almost 1600 yards. The whole thing weighs about 3.4 ounces and is 3" long, 2.4" wide and about 1 1/4' tall.

I got a few patents for it and will build 1000 units to sell by fall. Its taking me a while to raise funds to support the build and all. If all else fails I will at least have one on my bow and can use the heck out of it.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me that sales are good. I don't expect to sell much in utah and Colorado but east of the mississippi is legal to use in nearly every single state. Plus they have more bow hunters. So theres always a silver lining.

Bess, checked out the utah forum. It looks like stinkystomper should return. Some of those characters in there. I can only imagine the amount of stirring I could do.

2lumpy. I went back in 2019 for a single kudu. It was actually a free hunt given to me by an outfitter who saw an outsized kudu that he wanted only me to take. 10 days hunting and finally found the kudu on the last day at 1200 yards without enough time to take a shot.

Haven't been able to make it back since. I have a full time job with the DOE so time and money are scarce.

On a lighter note, im trying to make another run at a long term job I will like more than the DOE. I invented a device that clips onto most any bow sight in under a second. It converts your bow sight to laser range finding and lights up the correct pin to use.

If its not legal in your state then you unclip it from the mount. The mount stays on your bow permanently. the mount is pretty tiny and holds your fiber optic cables inside of it. When your ready to put the rangefinder back on your bow sight you simply clip it back in the mount on the sight. It simply clicks back in and takes a split second to do so. it works just like clipping a camera in and out of a tripod. When its not clipped in it acts as a standalone range finder and ranges out to almost 1600 yards. The whole thing weighs about 3.4 ounces and is 3" long, 2.4" wide and about 1 1/4' tall.

I got a few patents for it and will build 1000 units to sell by fall. Its taking me a while to raise funds to support the build and all. If all else fails I will at least have one on my bow and can use the heck out of it.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me that sales are good. I don't expect to sell much in utah and Colorado but east of the mississippi is legal to use in nearly every single state. Plus they have more bow hunters. So theres always a silver lining.
Sounds interesting. Hope it works out and you sell a million of them! Marketing becomes the challenge I suppose.

A young man here invented a product for the hunting industry around 20 years ago. Some how he got connected to Wil Primos, with Primos Hunting and Primos took over the marketing for him. With the Primos marketing expertise the fellow became a very wealthy young man. If you find marketing your sight difficult you may want to introduce it to one of the major archery companies to partner with.

Good to hear from you, all the best with your new venture!

Sounds interesting. Hope it works out and you sell a million of them! Marketing becomes the challenge I suppose.

A young man here invented a product for the hunting industry around 20 years ago. Some how he got connected to Wil Primos, with Primos Hunting and Primos took over the marketing for him. With the Primos marketing expertise the fellow became a very wealthy young man. If you find marketing your sight difficult you may want to introduce it to one of the major archery companies to partner with.

Good to hear from you, all the best with your new venture!
I think I know that guy !! :)

who knows lumpy. I have contacted the owners of bear bow tech and a few other majors like GSM and pure. They seemed extremely interested in incorporating this thing into their sights and archery stuff. Im still kinda limping along. I've got plastic injection molds to pay for in a few weeks. Im still a few months out from having my "production ready" units available. I think I should have those before I talk to the big guys. But what do I know. Im just an engineer and have no clue about marketing.

but, I did 3d print a few units and shove in the circuit boards, lasers, etc and sent them to a few guys in washington to test in the 3d shoots over there. the guys I sent them to wanted to buy the darn things. I couldn't do that tho. those 3d prints warp if you leave them in your car. Feel free to check it out. I think my wife has a sort of picture up on the website she made. or at least she did. we paid to go to shot show this coming year and they made her put up a website and all. i think its aresarchery.com ????

Im 3d printing some in carbon fiber with higher heat tolerances and such and sending 30 out for beta testing here soon. So far the guys who have it like it much better than the garmin one. in the end I built it to solve my issues and to mount on my bow. so if it goes no where It was really cool to build. I will say its kinda over built. I put a gyroscope in it so that it can rotate the screen like an iphone allowing for me to mount it on the side if I want to. Plus it calculates tru angle and all that. its kinda cool.

what have you been up to anyways lumpy? I don't get on mm much anymore. I do sneak around occasionally and see what my old friends are up to. You been on any awesome hunts in the last decade since ive been away? kill anything big besides time?

what have you been up to anyways lumpy? I don't get on mm much anymore. I do sneak around occasionally and see what my old friends are up to. You been on any awesome hunts in the last decade since ive been away? kill anything big besides time?
Not so much of the good stuff anymore. The wheels have pretty much fallen off, knees and hips a simply worn out to the point I can’t haul the mail anymore.

My kids and grand kids are keeping me involved vicariously. They pack me around with them and keep me entertained that way. Just got back from a trip to Central Saskatchewan last Saturday. My middle son took a group of friends up for a black bear hunt and had a seat in the truck open up……… so I crawled in for a ride. While they were chasing the bears I did a little fishing. They bear hunters did well, the fishing was pretty slow. Caught a few nierthern pike and a couple small walleye. Those walleye taste way better than “stinky” elk. ?

Last edited:
Stomper, hurry and get Utah to change the law so I can use it on my Monroe tag in Sept! I wanna be the first guy to shoot a bull at 1000 yards with a bow ???

also, I did send primos an email about 6 years ago about my device. I never heard back from them or anyone else so I built it myself. I really do hope it will take off. If it does im using all the money to build another device for bows. Its gonna be a massive game changer.

The down side to this next device is that the prototype is showing lots of promise to scale down and put on a bow. If i can get it feasible to work under a low budget, which I think I can, then its going to be a product most people want on a bow. it will be the same change as when compounds hit the market. It will be a whole new archery world.

The main expense will be attorneys. it will be initially launched to the archery market. But I'm not sure it will get through the patent office without someone saying something about export control issues. But if this bow sight converter product isn't successful then theres no money to build the other stuff.

I've got 6 other design that are fully functional and super cool but at $20k per patent and a day job that doesn't allow me a lot of free money to invest in myself I decided to simply take the slow path. This bow sight thing ended up costing 2 patents so far. so Im really broke. the first patent was approved in January. The second one I simply filed provisional status on and have a year to convert it.
Sounds like your creative mind is in full gear. You engineering guys keep the world moving forward. Never a dull moment. One of these days you’re gonna be back in the chips….. Wish you the very best!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom