Whats Cookin?

Mlopez

My family and i have been fortunate to harvest several different Big Game species over the years, including (Elk, Mule Deer and Pronghorn) still a few animals on my list that im hoping to harvest and try one day. In the mean time was wondering if any of my fellow hunters would be willing to share some of their favorite recipes?

For me i usually cook my game meat with fresh onions, jalapenos or green chile and salt, pepper and garlic. whether its tederloins, steaks or ground I pretty much use the same stuff every time. Kiddos enjoy it and so do i but im always up to try something different.

Couple other dishes ive tried are crockpot deer ribs (absolutely delicious) BlueCorn red chile Elk enchiladas are the best enchiladas ive ever had. I did check the other forum "After the Shot-Game Care" but you know us New Mexico locals have our own flavor.

Would love to try some of your recipes,

Gracias

I make lots of different sausages and links and use them for everyday cooking, breakfast, chorizo, Italian, boudin, andouille, taco
lots of links with jalapeño and cheese. Also, made a great investment years ago in a industrial tenderizer. Nothing much better than tenderized oryx cutlets with breakfast sausage gravy on it.

I make lots of different sausages and links and use them for everyday cooking, breakfast, chorizo, Italian, boudin, andouille, taco
lots of links with jalapeño and cheese. Also, made a great investment years ago in a industrial tenderizer. Nothing much better than tenderized oryx cutlets with breakfast sausage gravy on it.

NMPAUL that sounds awesome! Do you use premade mixes for your sausage? any certain ones you recommend trying? Also looking to invest in a new grinder, do you recommend any in particular for making links?

Legg's seasonings. I used to mix my own, but, their pre mix packages are as good as I have had. I do add a little extra sage and crushed red pepper to breakfast and a couple of weeks on the other mixes, but, they are stand alone great recipes.
I was lucky enough to acquire some professional butcher shop appliances a ways back including a Hobart grinder with floor stand. That being said, like optics, I would try to buy the best and biggest on the grinder, and stuffer a few years ago I upgraded to a 25 or 30 lb electric stuffer with foot pedal. Much better than the 15lb hand crank one I had.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom