What's cooking in the desert???

I have a rifle tag for 20A coming up Oct 24th and I've been on about 6 scouting trips. I've seen buck deer every day and no does until yesterday morning. About half of them are still in velvet and the other half are hard horned. They all have real good mass for that unit as well this year. Can't wait til Friday.

Those are some good looking deer!! Make sure you check the regs some of the Dec Archery hunts are no longer available for certain areas and some new units were added to the January hunts. The desert has looked green this year but I have also seen more people this year in places I have never seen them before, I think our little secret is starting to get out about archery hunting in the desert. I am still holding out for some good bucks but I have not seen a lot

John

good looking bucks. I have been scouting one of the 40s unit this year a lot and have found the deer I am taking come archery season. Just counting down the days now

With all the rain we've had this past summer I was expecting to see nothing but monsters out there. It appears to be just like every other year to me. I'm gonna hold out on a 190"+/- buck with my 40's unit muzzy tag just like I've done in the past unless I run across a last day 33" 3x3 like I killed two years ago after chasing a heavy 6x7 all season.

Here's another little guy from a couple years back... Anything else been going on... C'mon post up, I wanna hear it!

490696505c688978.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-08 AT 07:21AM (MST)[p]I was hunting my 20A last Fri thru Sun, and the dang quads and rinos was so thick up there that they had all the deer brushed up in the manzanita brush. You could find the deer sometimes but by the time you spotted them and pulled up to get them in your scope it was too late. I should've took my Win. 94, 30-30. I'm going back up early Fri. morning and I'm taking it along.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom