Whats he score?

Bookhead

Very Active Member
What's he score? I have my guess wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Cheatgrass took a toll on his top end but I'm guessing the bottom end grew before it started to bloom.

20220628_173803.jpg

20220628_173755.jpg

Last edited:
Super tough one! Lots of mass, decent prong, really weird tops to judge with one looking longer than the other. Gross 78"ish even with the lack of height?

That seems high but hard to get away from what looks like really decent mass and prong. Also dont mind guessing first and throwing it out there as it seems tougher taking the first stab at it lol

Last edited:
Super tough one! Lots of mass, decent prong, really weird tops to judge with one looking longer than the other. Gross 78"ish even with the lack of height?

That seems high but hard to get away from what looks like really decent mass and prong. Also dont mind guessing first and throwing it out there as it seems tougher taking the first stab at it lol
I don't think your high

I don't think your high
Everything tells me that solid mass and prong put him up there. Even that first measurement above his prong is solid. He 'seems' short but would be interested to know what he actually tapes for height. Dont think he'd disappoint when you wrapped a tape around his bases at least. And he's got character!

That buck would either really surprise you, or really disappoint you when you put a tape on him. If that’s what’s important. He’s cool either way.
To me not the most important thing in the world but with antelope hunting I have the most fun field judging them and seeing how close I was after the hunt is over. That's part of the fun for me. I've killed a pile of them like most wyo residents so killing average bucks doesn't exactly trip my trigger

I killed one real similar last year that scored 81. So I’m going with 81 if you can get 3 mass measurements under cutter. If not 76.

I will go with 72". He looks like he has good bases, but he is very short. The curved prongs are hard to judge without another angle, but they did not look longer than an average buck to me.

He is somewhere between 70 - 85 . I am going to go with 75 as a wag. Cool buck, but would really need to study him from a number of angles.

Here's one for you guys that I actually know the score to. Jm can't guess cause he scored him too lol

IMG_0226.jpg

I'm going to text JM77 and get the score and spoil it for everyone! LOL

You've shown a couple very mature stud bucks, that I'd be happy with, but I'm scared to venture a guess and show my ignorance!!!!!

Zeke

I'm going to text JM77 and get the score and spoil it for everyone! LOL

You've shown a couple very mature stud bucks, that I'd be happy with, but I'm scared to venture a guess and show my ignorance!!!!!

Zeke
It's just for fun ?

It's just for fun ?
You're right Mr Bookhead,

The first one might break 80, or more, based on the mass on that big old headed buck. I've seen it where they look sort of average until they walk by another good buck and then it's obvious that they're lots bigger in the body and horn department.

The one you shot and subsequently measured might be deceiving since the pic is not as good (not as many angles) but I'll venture a guess of 78".

I'm average at measuring with a tape but I'm bad to poor at measuring from a photo so it will be interesting to see how close (I) we all are!

Zeke

You're right Mr Bookhead,

The first one might break 80, or more, based on the mass on that big old headed buck. I've seen it where they look sort of average until they walk by another good buck and then it's obvious that they're lots bigger in the body and horn department.

The one you shot and subsequently measured might be deceiving since the pic is not as good (not as many angles) but I'll venture a guess of 78".

I'm average at measuring with a tape but I'm bad to poor at measuring from a photo so it will be interesting to see how close (I) we all are!

Zeke
Guessing from photos is just that. a guess I'll see if anyone else wants to guess then I'll post the score

Sent ya my guess in PM when I saw the pic you sent me

I ventured 80 on the second one. But likely would make a mistake and walk away from him on a quick glance. Super tough one

2nd buck looks 13.5” tall with 5” cutters to me. I’m gonna guess 77. Cool buck.

First buck I’m gonna guess is pushing 80.

The first buck I'm guessing is just a little over 80 gross but I'll let everyone know if I'm able to kill him and measure him. The second buck was killed and scored 83
The 83" buck sure is heavy. If it is not too much trouble, would you please post his measurements? Thanks.

The 83" buck sure is heavy. If it is not too much trouble, would you please post his measurements? Thanks.
Right:-----------------------Left:
14 4/8----------------------14 5/8
7----------------------------7
7 5/8------------------------7 5/8
4----------------------------4 3/8
2 7/8------------------------3
5 1/8-prong----------------5/28

83 0/8

Last edited:
Mass hides length that is for sure. Looking at the pic there is no way he goes 14 1/2 long. Looks like 13 maybe. You get the first two base measures on each side at 7 inches your well on your way to a really big Pronghorn.

Mass hides length that is for sure. Looking at the pic there is no way he goes 14 1/2 long. Looks like 13 maybe. You get the first two base measures on each side at 7 inches your well on your way to a really big Pronghorn.
I'll agree that in the picture he doesn't look 14 4/8 long, but he certainly was.

Too bad you don't have a straight on view to get a better look at his mass. Just judging from what I can see, I can't get his length much over 13. But after seeing the 2nd buck was over 14, now I'm second guessing that guess! I'll say 79-80ish. He's a brute. I'd like to see how big he is compared to other pronghorns.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom