What's New For 09?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Many of us getting ready for the coming rifle seasons have made substantial purchases in clothes, gear, or hunting equipment. Myself, had to spend $250. for 5 boxes of ammo i'm not even sure will shoot yet but not much other than that. Some may be sporting a new rifle, some a scope, some a new hunting rig altogether.

What's new in your hunting world this year?

Joey

swarovski 65mm 20x60 hd spotter and tripod I got real deal on!!!
i'm buying a mini 30 tomorrow!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Getting a new Savage tomorow, cant wait!! and probably a bunch of ammo to stock up on before we are only allowed 2 boxes a month.

Replaced my old headlight after 10 years and stocked up on backpacking foods.........thats about it.

~Family Tradition~

Rackmaster, Congrats scoring the deal on the Swaro big scope! Would be nice but I've not yet stepped up to the top shelf glass. In fact, and i had forgotten, i bought a new spotting scope myself this year. I finally replaced a dandy old scope that had looked over thousands of bucks since i bought it new in 1977. It's a Bushnell Spacemaster, just like the old one, and i too got a sweet deal on it w/tripod. I believe the old one would have been "good" for a few more years but those lenses don't take kindly to being "cleaned" with dusty t-shirts or the shop rags from under my pickup seat. :) How about loaning me your new scope for my Wyomong trip? lol

270, Very good chance that you will be really happy with that Savage. Any new gun is always looked forward to and i'm sure you'll give it a good home. In what cartridge are you planning on buying? Just kidding!

FT, Great idea on both counts! Is it one of those lights that clip on to your ball cap? Seems like a good idea. I'd be interested in one if it were decent quality yet not too costly. I have a light i carry in my day bag that has straps but i near have to read the instructions to get the thing adjusted right. It works but i like the saying K-I-S-S and the one i use is not so simple. Food! Well, food is always a good thing. :) Some of these new products are pretty good and convenient as all get out, too bad they don't stock freeze dried redhead...just add water :)

Everybody must have bought, been given, or traded for something hunting related. What is it and how do you like it? Thanks!!

Joey

New gun and scope in 7mm hoping to get out to 400 yards. New dog that driving my crazy but it is a nice looking lab. Joined a pheasant club to get her started. New place to hunt going to wyoming for the first time.

I sprung for a new 5 gallon water jug this year, that's about all I needed. Sorry Joey.:)

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

B&D's, Alright! sounds like you got after it this year. New pups can be tough to live with but they are truly mans best friend when they are grown so worth it. I hope he's not a chewer like my Brittney was when younger. On my first Elk hunt to Oregon, he chewed my hand tooled western belt in half to get at the ammo pouch that he really wanted. A pair of nice Justin boots and the cork on a vintage Fenwick flyrod were also nibbled on among other things, never to be the same again. I don't know how he knew what was important to me but if he felt i did him wrong, by leaving him behind or something similar, he made me pay in spades! Good luck this year with your new rifle outfit and that pup, hope he does well for you too!!

Eelgrass, a new water jug, eh? Last of the big spenders!!lol
Hey i understand, as old as you are, you must already have everything :) Actually Eel, i think you're probably just being modest. I have a list going of stuff i still need to get, it has about 15 items so far, batteries, bug spray, varmint call, tapered leaders,...don't know how you do it bud but there you go!! Hey, hope you hammer a smoker Blackie this year! You're due!!

Rackmaster, The offer still stands and i have good news. In case you want to loan me that big ol Swaro S. Scope, i picked up a whole bundle of brand NEW shop rags at Wallmart today!! lol

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-09 AT 04:41AM (MST)[p]I bought that swar hd 65 spotter off MM classifed for $1500.00!
its like new!!I am spotting bedded deer 5 mi away at 6/7 pm!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Ok I felt bad so I odered up some new outfitter camo from cabela's.

~Family Tradition~

Calif_mike, Congrats on the new truck. Chevy or GMC i hope? That's the big ticket item we all would like to have. A new truck all tricked out for hunting. I can barely afford my 27 yr old hunting rig and it doubles as a motel anytime i get off the mountain. What with maintenance, upkeep, insurance, and registration, i pay a good dollar every yr just to have a camper rig to hunt from. Could be worse i suppose, not have one at all.

FT, well i hope you didn't buy them duds on my account. By the way, how's your truck doing? Kidding here, just Kidding! Good luck on getting your game. Nothing better to feed your family!

Read all about it!! I found a site on e-bay that is selling 4xl 100% polyester fleece pants for like $18. + shipping. I bought 2 pair. These are much better than cotton fleece. Pants like these often go for $30. up to over a $100. and the bigger sizes are real tuff to find. PM me if interested and i'll dig up her contact info. i got them in today and if your a bigger guy like me, you'll never want to hunt in anything else ever again.

i also put to use today, the new promaster 7100 S Scope tripod that i bought from Camaraland. It comes with a pretty nice simple but effective quick release system, 3-way pan head, and a geared center column. With a max height of 61" and a min of 24, it's about perfect for close in around the rig jobs and at near 3 lbs is packable as well. I paid less than $80. shipped for the thing, a sweet match for my Bushnell Spacemaster scope, both a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Joey

Ford, again. My old one had a lot of miles and repairs were going to be coming shortly so I bit the bullet and got a new one.

Calif-Mike

Jan-Mar I bought about $800.00 of rifle reloading supplies. Some camo for the wife. New, high dollar sleeping pad. Recently I bought some Leopoldt rings and bases for my .338 after my scope got loose.

GSP in March and he's gonna be a great one. Excellent temperment, doesn't range too far and tons of pointing instinct.

He did chew the lens covers of my 15X56 Swaros while I was glassing elk in Nevada this weekend.

Joey, You made me realize that since I started buying quality equipment, I don't buy as much stuff as I used to.

YUP ....Buy the best and you'll always be happy.
Cali-Mike sorry about the Ford!!!lol

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Buy the best? Hey, i'd love to guys but both of you, and many others, are in a bit different pay situation than i am. I bought all the stuff i did and that which i still need to, spotting scope included, will pay for my gas and food for a month long trip to Wyoming, all on the money i could have spent just on that top of the line Spotter that Rack bought.

My new spotter is Fine, i'm easily seeing bullet holes in my targets out to 500 yds, even in low light conditions. It's way better than the one i hunted for 25 years. It'll do what i need it to, AND, i can still go hunting this year without breaking the bank. I'm all for buying good equipment but i'm more for going hunting... :)

Joey

Oh I know what I bought for this season.............
My X9A tag!

Gonna go use it as soon as I can get outta here today :)

~Family Tradition~

Well get that ford out there and get some buckbrush scratches in it and a few waterbars to loosen the dash bolts. Hell one season, and she'll broke in no time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom