What's the Best Mule Deer Tag to have?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I'm trying out this new forum feature "Question". (You'll see the tab when posting a thread) It allows for answers to be up voted or down voted.

What's the Best Mule Deer Tag to have?
Share your answer or up vote it if it's already posted.

So many really good ones out there. Northern AZ, NM Res, southern UT, Colo eastern plains. Any place that has decent weather, miles and miles of territory, and limited people access which will allow them the opportunity to age and develop to their genetic potential.

AZ Governor's tag has got to be the one. Being able to hunt the strip gives you the best chance for a world class muley, IMO.

I would agree with Saskatchewan, but non-residents can only hunt Reserve lands up there. That puts a LOT of land off limits to anyone not living as a Sask resident.

Money and time no object I say Arizona statewide governors tag.

Regular draw tag with a guide I say Arizona strip, Henrys, some Nevada units and the Pauns.

Regular draw tag without a guide in a unit hard to reach or that can't be scouted I say Henrys, late season colorado, and the Pauns.

Handicap any weapon tag (Can't remember where or when I saw this). I believe it give 30 day longer AND crossbow during bow season...maybe that's Wy and been a while so not sure if its still a available option .
Jester

If I were a resident then it would be Saskatchewan, I hunted Whitetails up there a few years ago and the Muley's we saw up there were incredible. There are some real hogs and when we were there our guide had just got back from his Muley hunt. He shot a 195 buck that had mass, length, all of it. He also stated it wasn't the biggest one he saw, as the one he shot was a last day muley.

If you find a 2 pt in Northern Utah, you better be shooting or saluting it!

cuz it ain’t making it another year!

The ole’ “I need the meat” saying is as real as it gets of an excuse for these turret twisting clowns up here!

They gotta justify their blood-thirsty actions with some kind of pathetic excuse!

Injured at 1,000+ yards???

No problem!

It’s just a 2 pt!

Just go find another one cuz it ain’t worth walking down into that hell hole to track that one!

Seen it all up here!

These accomplished elitist’s are looking for the long range bragging rights!

Wasting wildlife for the insta title is what it’s about!

and then on the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the folks that look hard all day for an ethical kill and end up only seeing a 2 pt down in a hell hole so they shoot it!

Need a 3x4 or better rule! Give these young ones a chance to put some meat on em before they’re ground pounded into a bloody pulp!

If you find a 2 pt in Northern Utah, you better be shooting or saluting it!

cuz it ain’t making it another year!

The ole’ “I need the meat” saying is as real as it gets of an excuse for these turret twisting clowns up here!

They gotta justify their blood-thirsty actions with some kind of pathetic excuse!

Injured at 1,000+ yards???

No problem!

It’s just a 2 pt!

Just go find another one cuz it ain’t worth walking down into that hell hole to track that one!

Seen it all up here!

These accomplished elitist’s are looking for the long range bragging rights!

Wasting wildlife for the insta title is what it’s about!

and then on the opposite end of the spectrum, you have the folks that look hard all day for an ethical kill and end up only seeing a 2 pt down in a hell hole so they shoot it!

Need a 3x4 or better rule! Give these young ones a chance to put some meat on em before they’re ground pounded into a bloody pulp!
Spent the entire muzzleloader hunt on the cache they won’t find many 2 points to kill
I would love to see the 3 point restrictions come back the wellsville was a blast when it was there never been the same since

Yeah, I went out with a buddy of mine yesterday!

Saw the same thing except we saw 25 does!

two rifle buck hunts, archery hunt, muzzy hunt, and now a doe hunt!

Yep! Extinction is the answer!

That’s one less species the dwr has to worry about!

And they’ll still sell you the same amount of tags for an extinct species and claim the numbers are up!

Spent the entire muzzleloader hunt on the cache they won’t find many 2 points to kill
I would love to see the 3 point restrictions come back the wellsville was a blast when it was there never been the same since
Sounds like the rest of the state is suffering as well!

Keep drinking the Koolaid DWR!

Nothing’s wrong with the current management plan!

Just give up on management of the public hunting grounds and focus your efforts on creating and managing CWMU’s!

Go where the big money is and turn your head from the real problem......which is what’s in your mirror!

I used 10 points this year for a late muzzleloader tag and I’m really thinking I screwed up on getting it...

I spent the past few days on the unit and it’s pretty sad...

So many really good ones out there. Northern AZ, NM Res, southern UT, Colo eastern plains. Any place that has decent weather, miles and miles of territory, and limited people access which will allow them the opportunity to age and develop to their genetic potential.
Which NM res?

A Nevada Unit 081 late season rifle tag. I hope I still believe that to be true in about a month!

Hawkeye

Back
Top Bottom