What's this Books Buck Score..??

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
Hey everyone. Made a quick trip to the Books for just an overnighter. This was a good buck we saw, wondered what you all think he might score, considering he is just a 3x4...

Also, would you be putting your Book Cliffs tag on him..??

Go on over to the HAC thread and check out my HAC, "BR's 2016 Dream Season". I've got lots of pics and I posted a video of this recent Book Cliffs overnighter. Thanks guys. Its really getting exciting now..!!

45287img1109.jpg

88733img1123.jpg

83182img1125.jpg

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Great video and photos! I'd put my tag on that buck out there for sure. As far as a score guess, I would venture to say high 160s?

if your happy with him, shoot him. id pass him up. if he was a solid 4 point i would consider it.

"Shoot Straight"

Mid 150's

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Good looking buck! I'm gonna say 22-24" wide. Like others have said, that buck will score close to the low 150s. If you like him, shoot him. There are bigger bucks in the book cliffs if a guy can hold off the trigger and take some time to get off the beaten path when hunting. It all boils down to how much time you'll have when hunting. If it were me and I had several days to hunt, I would be searching for a bigger buck. Good luck on the hunt this year and let us know how you do.

Low ti mid 150's because of the missing right G4.
Beautiful buck and I'd be tempted with a bow but not so much with a gun on a LE hunt.
Zeke

Wow- I'm a little surprised by the guesses... To me, this buck looks to have a 180" frame, if he were a 4-point on both sides. He's 3 inches outside his ears on each side which makes me think he is 27-28" wide. Given that he is missing 8-10 inches from a 180" main frame, I put him at 170"...

He is not what I'm after early on in my hunt, but he was fun to see. I wouldn't be going after him with my bow or muzzy, but late in the rifle hunt, if I haven't seen something better, I'd be happy with him I think. :)

>Wow- I'm a little surprised by
>the guesses... To me, this
>buck looks to have a
>180" frame, if he were
>a 4-point on both sides.
>He's 3 inches outside his
>ears on each side which
>makes me think he is
>27-28" wide. Given that he
>is missing 8-10 inches from
>a 180" main frame, I
>put him at 170"...
>
>He is not what I'm after
>early on in my hunt,
>but he was fun to
>see. I wouldn't be going
>after him with my bow
>or muzzy, but late in
>the rifle hunt, if I
>haven't seen something better, I'd
>be happy with him I
>think. :)
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

hes nowhere near 170"...

If he was a 4 ot on the other side he may stretch to 165 But I see mid 150s possibly at most 160"

>He looks like a Young Buck,
>which can be deceiving on
>size. Probably would be
>some ground shrinkage on this
>one.

Exactly my thoughts, as I have fallen into this trap before.

IMO no way he has a 180" frame
25" max on the width
The main beam on the 4 point side is a little short
He has decent back forks not great
I'd put him at low 160's
With that said he is a nice looking Buck

Wow, can't believe I agree with most of the posts here. Last go around everyone was saying 210" on a 180's".

This buck does not make it out of the 160's at most, maybe only high 150's.

160. You lose 6 to 8 inches by not having the fourth tune and it really hurts score. Good looking buck though.like stated, it a buck makes you happy, shoot and don't look back.

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards what everyone else is suggesting. He looks a lot like a 174" buck on my wall, but I was thinking he is taller. I'm realizing he might be a smaller deer, and he's really not taller, just not quite as wide. So, I think he might have been a 168" 4x4, but without the fourth point on his right side, he'd be 158"...

Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to be holding out since I have the multi-season tag.

Plus, in all honesty, this guy may not make it out of the archery hunt. He didn't bug out like some of the other nice bucks we saw...

That buck had the air let out of him opening morning by a nice young man!

BOHNTR )))---------->

I sure hope we get a nice write up and some photos of him with the buck..!!

I didn't go out to the Books with my Multi-Season tag for the opener. I knew it would be a long shot anyway, but I'm focusing more on the later hunts since there is only so much vacation time to be had. ;-) I hope I can get my family out there for a few days over Labor Day to have a look around.

Looks like you are having fun Rage, that's what it is all about. I have been down looking for elk a few times and it looks like we have been seeing the same caliber buck as you have. We will be down over labor day as well, so maybe we'll run into each other. Good luck on the rest of your hunt. The muzzy Elk hunt can't come soon enough!

Here is a Picture of the Above Buck. My Son in Law is the one who got him. This is his first deer ever, not to mention with a bow. He made a great shot on him and I couldn't be more proud of him.

90094jaden02.jpg

Jerry:

Nice to meet you and your family up there.....glad he was able to arrow him. That's one heck of a buck for his first archery buck. Well done!

BOHNTR )))---------->

It was nice meeting you to Roy. Very Special Day for the Family.

We Haven't scored him yet but he will probably be in the 150's I think. We will get it officially scored after the 60 day drying period and then I will let everyone know.

That's a fantastic field photo of you guys..!! I think it's awesome you were able to get him on this buck and that he was able to make it count the first time..!!

You guys are definitely living right..!! Its great to meet good people who share a passion for so many similar things. I can't wait to get back out there this weekend and see whats still running around.

I'll keep you posted... Thanks for sharing the photo..!! I hope he hits 160"

Nice meeting you BrowningRage good luck on your hunt.

Why is this site the worst out for browsing with
a phone or posting with a phone?

You too swbuckmaster..!!

I hope we get a report from your party real soon..!! I'll be postin up a video of my trip in another day or two...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom