What's Wrong With That Picture

HikeHunt61

Very Active Member
Got up this morning and was opened the local news website. Headline story and picture made me crack up:
wsq.jpg

Actually, there’s nothing wrong with the picture.....two officers training lateral engagements to lethal threats on a firing line. It’s a tactic that was used often with tactical teams early on that many agencies began implementing for their line level personnel. Split and engage tactics can save officer lives, as it teaches them to be able to pivot at the waste and neutralize threats that are not always directly in front of them.

This is what’s wrong today......folks making assumptions before they know all the information.

I considered that it might actually be a legit training approach. Fair enough. It still seemed ironic to show someone shooting across lanes with the "Safety" title in the headline. Ah well, just interesting. I certainly have the most respect for the officers who protect us. Thanks for sharing the tactic...

Regardless of the purpose of the pic, EVERYONE should be cognizant of HOW something put out there LOOKS at first glance. This was not the correct picture to put out there with the term "safety" in the title. Marketing 101....and I was not a marketing major.
It goes along with posting pictures of hunters sitting on their quarry and not expecting to get any backlash about it. Just my 2 cents....

Be glad it was not a picture of an officer laying on his side and shooting underneath a car. We do that also. If your adversary is 25 yards or more, you have a clear shot of his groin area and he can not see you if he is standing up.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom