whats your opinion!

M

manny15

49bdbf7b508d5e07.jpg

They get their opinion heard because they are liberals! The state doesn't need to hire people to hunt cats with hounds. There are plenty of houndsmen out there that would love to run hounds!

People don't think! Hound hunting would make this state a lot of money. Outfitters could provide hunts, hunters would travel to hunt, which means spending money, which means it would help the economy! Who are these idiots that are in charge!

Its all about making the LIBERALS FEEL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE!

This article is a joke! What a jack ass. He obviously doesn't hunt!!! or for that matter care much about the current health of big game in Oregon. Must be from the tree-hugging side of Oregon.

Since the 1994 ban on hound hunting, voted on by the liberal Oregon majority, there has been a steady downhill decline in most big game numbers across the state. It doesn't take 5 different college degrees and 10 committees to figure this one out.

I am not blaming the cougars as the only reason that big game numbers are down. But when they are left untouched. They certainly aren't being fed tuna in a can!

It ticks me off to read crap like this. If it is costing tax payers so much money then let them hunt cats with dogs and it will cost nothing. Tree hugging !!!

Manny,
As stated above politics manages big game in Oregon, which we all know is BS.

Plain and simple we need aggressive predator control for cougar, bear and coyotes. That means hunters using hounds and bait on cougar and bear.An easy first step would be unlimited spring bear tags. JMHO

where is this the mail tribune from? maybe we should all start sending emails in resoponse to this. What ever amount this is costing at least it is going to a good cause. and if they did cut it they would still cut the budget on the above mentioned programs because those programs are the ones it is easiest to dig deeper into tax payes pocket for more money if the make cuts.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-09 AT 06:23PM (MST)[p]>where is this the mail tribune
>from? maybe we should
>all start sending emails in
>resoponse to this. What
>ever amount this is costing
>at least it is going
>to a good cause.
>and if they did cut
>it they would still cut
>the budget on the above
>mentioned programs because those programs
>are the ones it is
>easiest to dig deeper into
>tax payes pocket for more
>money if the make cuts.
>

It's from Medford, they're the one's who pushed to make using only 1 hound for hunting cats on the books, when are we going to push back is all I have to say cause this jerk wants the problem cats to be relocated, he never mentioned the fact that if left to themselves Mt. Lions will decimate the deer and elk herds.

If they would allow more then one dog to hunt Cats maybe we wouldn't have an over abundance of big cats to worry about

I'm for hitting this mail trib with a bunch of emails!

Okay Guy's this is a very serious topic to all of us and it should be taken as such. I do believe a rebutal letter to the editor of the Oregonian disagreeing with Mr. Spencer Lennard is in order. But, when and if you do write one send it to your legislators also. Make it professional don't write it like you do on this.
At election time remember those that have voted agains hound hunting. Also if I remember correctly, two years ago hunting Cats with hound passed in ever county in the state except for the citys of Eugene, Salem, and Portland.
Lets flood our Legislator's and the Oregonian with rebutal letters. It probably won't have to much of an effect, but at least we will be heard.
Packer

>Manny,
>As stated above politics manages big
>game in Oregon, which we
>all know is BS.
>
>Plain and simple we need aggressive
>predator control for cougar, bear
>and coyotes. That means hunters
>using hounds and bait on
>cougar and bear.An easy first
>step would be unlimited spring
>bear tags. JMHO

I agree 100% with unlimited spring bear tags

Before I reply to the mail trib I was hoping some one can help with some statistics as to where hunting or hunters have actually helped a community or the game animal itself, all I have is that after they instituted a license fee the game animal began to grow in population, (1920's)

Anybody have some stats please?....

Back
Top Bottom