WHAT'YA SEEING FOR SALE IN YOUR AREA???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Ammo Has Been Minimal around here!

I've Bought a fair amount of 9mm 2 Boxes at a Time & Have Traded most of it for other Ammo!

I Have Bought Certain Ammo For a Few Guys & Shipped it to them!

I Did Buy 200 Rounds of 45 Auto a couple Days Back,the Only 45 Ammo I've seen in nearly a Year Here Locally!

One of Our Local Stores here in the Basin Played It Wise & Was as Ready For this BS as Much as they Could be,They Still have quite a Few BLACK Guns for sale!

What'Ya Guys seeing in your Neck of the Woods for Sale?

Ain’t shopped for ammo in three years!

Still living off reloads!

Would like to restock on the 44 MAG ammo!

Anyone seeing any of that around?

No primers and very limited powder and bullets for us roll your own guys in my neck of the woods! Glad I still have a decent supply for my needs.

It pretty slim in Vegas. I’ve been in the road for 8 days so I haven’t checked for awhile. I picked up 2 boxes of Barnes .308’s for my nephew the last time I went out. As for reloading components... still totally wiped out.

Well sportsman’s in Reno and Carson haven’t had anything for months. Scheels in sparks is pretty good just depends on the day. I’ve gotten plenty of primers from them in the last two months. Traded some for powders and bullets. Delt some 38s to a turd hurder in Utah for nine it’s been decent. Thanks Bess for the trades.

I haven't purchased any metallic centerfire cartridges in 14 years. Just shotgun and rimfire. Since the Obama panic of 2008 I've sold way more ammo than I've bought.
I have bought some components since then though. I did just order another 32 pounds of Surplus WC860 powder for the BMG while it's still around. Apparently since Olin won the Lake City contract last year they haven't sold any powder to the public. Hopefully that will change because stocks are drying up.

You're Welcome Sallaberry & Thank You!

Still Been Perty Minimal around Here!

Did Buy Some 223 & Some 45's for a couple of Friends!

The First That I've Seen of Either in Many Months!

I Glance on GUNBROKER now & Then & The RIP-OFF BS that is going on is enough to make you Sick!

Well sportsman’s in Reno and Carson haven’t had anything for months. Scheels in sparks is pretty good just depends on the day. I’ve gotten plenty of primers from them in the last two months. Traded some for powders and bullets. Delt some 38s to a turd hurder in Utah for nine it’s been decent. Thanks Bess for the trades.

I was at all 3 yesterday and found a lot of bullets at Scheels (no primer/powder), 9mm and .45 at Cabelas (three guys managing the roped off ammo area) and some powder at Sportsmans. I'll be in CC later today.

I was at all 3 yesterday and found a lot of bullets at Scheels (no primer/powder), 9mm and .45 at Cabelas (three guys managing the roped off ammo area) and some powder at Sportsmans. I'll be in CC later today.
If you come across any H 4831 could you pick it up for me. I’ll come get it from you and make it worth your while. Thanks

Things here have been in pretty short supply. Cabelas has been out of ammo for weeks, Sportsman's gets it in weekly, but there is a line at the door when they open and it goes quickly, even with limits. Our best store puts it on their FB page when they get a big shipment, but it goes quickly too. CAL Stores has it, and is selling at original prices, but the one box limit doesn't even slow em down!!!

I can survive the zombie apocalypse for a few weeks, but I know I'm not practicing as much as before, and sure don't shoot up ammo for the fun of it!! :(

I picked up 12,000 rounds of .22LR at an estate sale a few years ago for $100. I sold a bunch of that off a few thousand rounds at a time. I'm still set for the zombie apocalypse though, @Blank ?

I don't think that there is much lead free 17hmr ammo in my neighborhood. I bought a Tikka T1X a few months ago. I scooped up what I could find locally. I was able to find 900 rounds. Should keep me squirrel shooting for a bit.

Don

Haven't looked in awhile, haven't bought any in near a year. Still got plenty, waitin on things to normalize again.

SW in Pocatello had a few things on the shelf today. Good supply of pistol primers, a little bit of rifle ammo ( plenty of 6.8 Western) and a fresh batch of powder. I was checking out and the guy behind me set 2 lbs. of powder on the counter. He said the employee had just set it out.

Some 6.8 Western around here as well!

No Primers!

No Powder!

Some 28 Nosler!

Looked for what YoteDuster is looking for but None!

A Few 9mm's!

Have Seen Some 10mm around!

Perty Limited!

But People Still Buying Guns Left & Right!

If Ocho Knew How many Guns & How Much Ammo was Stock-Piled in this State He'd Be Triple SKEERED!

SW in Pocatello had a few things on the shelf today. Good supply of pistol primers, a little bit of rifle ammo ( plenty of 6.8 Western) and a fresh batch of powder. I was checking out and the guy behind me set 2 lbs. of powder on the counter. He said the employee had just set it out.
I know there was a Sportsman’s Warehouse in Idaho Falls but didn’t know Pocatello had one.

Ours here in Idaho Falls gets picked over every morning, right after opening. They have the odd ball ammo occasionally but all popular stuff is gone. About half the guns as normal on the shelf. Ross’ Guns has been the best at keeping ammo on shelves, and reasonable prices.

They got a whole pallet in, 1 box limit. Ain't the cheapest, but I doubt you'll be able to get a box in the am. You'd a thought they were givin em away the way they were goin out the door!

20210330_125037.jpg

I'm sure glad I loaded up during the Obummer years. I'm set from .22 caliber to .338. Hopefully, things will ease up, but I don't see it happening for a long while.

I'm sure glad I loaded up during the Obummer years. I'm set from .22 caliber to .338. Hopefully, things will ease up, but I don't see it happening for a long while.
I agree I am plentiful in calibers that I have owned but got into reloading late in the game. I’m pretty good for awhile. Worst part is I haven’t had a rifle tag since 13 so rounds just sit in the safe.

I agree I am plentiful in calibers that I have owned but got into reloading late in the game. I’m pretty good for awhile. Worst part is I haven’t had a rifle tag since 13 so rounds just sit in the safe.

That's my problem, I've got 4 calibers I didn't have before this started, just lookin for a few boxes to shoot the new ones. But that's the problem, there's 80 million of us that just need a few boxes!

Ended up with 4 boxes, bought the last box on the shelf 30hrs after they made the announcement.

Dw what are you looking for?

I've got a few calibers I bought after this started up again. Some I had ammo for, some I didn't..I'm lookin hard for 5.7x28, and 280 at the moment. And I've got "normal" calibers to spare to those in need. From turkey loads to 22lr and many "common" calibers in between. I'm just struggling with the calibers I've bought since this started, like many others.

Not much in central Idaho. On one of these threads someone mentioned, AmmoSeek, I hopped on there website, typed in Nosler Accubonds .284, 7mm 140 gr and they sent me to Midway where a new shipment of Nosler Accubonds and Barnes triple x 140 gr. Had just come in. Ordered a couple hundred bullets and they will be here Tuesday. The kids will be flinging bullettsthis summer

I thought it was bad in Vegas. It’s even worse back east. I went to two gun shops & a Sportsman’s Warehouse while I was in MS this past week. I literally only saw a few shotgun shells & some random rifle ammo in not so popular calibers.

I drove 3hrs to Eureka Ca. for one box of Barnes .300 Weatherby. They had cases and cases of hand gun ammo 9mm, .45acp, .22lr, but would only allow 3 boxes per purchase.

I'll tell you what sick and twisted. It's the guys running out and buying up way more ammo than they need and then the tools that are trying to resell it for three or four times the purchase price. Way to screw over your fellow hunters!!
It’s happening in the whiskey market too...

If I see ammo that I know someone needs, I buy it and then forward it on, just for the simple cost of shipping. Some people have been doing the same for me. Still comes out considerably cheaper than Midway and some of these other "discount" sites.

One box per caliber purchase of any ammo here in Ohio-if you can find it. Pistol, Rifle etc. Primers if there is any on the shelf is limited to a100 pc. sleeve a day. Brass is very limited-there may have been a few bags of 6,5 on the shelf yesterday.

Haven't seen a container of Blackhorn 209 in months- some just landed at local store for $52.99 a container. I paid $32.99 about a year ago, They only had 5 on the shelf. Thankfully I have 3 containers on hand and won't need any for awhile.

No special order of guns-you buy what is in the cases or the racks.

22 ammo is averaging $145.00 for 800 rounds..... haven't seen a brick of 500 in months.

Shotgun ammo also is hard to find.

Stimulus checks are easier to come by then ammo and reloading supplies- Hmmmm :unsure:

Last edited:
Lol! I've had em a few years, think they were around $54 during the obama shortage?

Last edited:
I was down in Twin Falls Sportsman Warehouse yesterday, 4big rows empty of ammo, zilch, zero, nada. Our little local shop in central Idaho has little assortment, ammo tricking in. I’m glad I don’t need any.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom