WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
When I Was a Young Boy!

((( Ya,I Know that's Been a While ago! )))

You Had a Radio!

Or!

You Had a TV with 3 Channels on it!

And When The President Came on!

You Listened!

If You were Lucky Enough to Have a TV You Watched & Listened!

And You Believed What You Were Hearing!

And Now?

Well!

What about Now?

I have 1000 watts of AM talk radio blaring at all times. I could only afford a couple hunnert watts when I was a kid. :cool:

Now .......... well , this households t.v’s are on thin ice as I’ve threatened to remove each and every one and throw them out the window ! Really sick and tired of just about everything on them in today’s world ! And when the president comes on ....... its best for my mental health and blood pressure to shut it off before the stuttering starts !!!!! And that’s putting it politely !

I remember when I got a transistor radio for my birthday so I could listen to SF Giants baseball games. I could only get the night games. No reception during the day. We only watched TV on Sunday nights that I remember.

Now you have a whole bunch of channels and news stations that like to create the news instead of reporting it and enjoy being disrespectful to our presidents. It’s ok to not listen to Biden thou….. since he said the other day 350 million Americans were vaccinated….. that would put us around 105% of the United States Population. ?

In the 70’s we had 3 stations and then a 4th came along. It also cost you nothing to get them.

When I Was a Young Boy!

You Had a Radio!

Or!

You Listened!

And Now?

Well!

What about Now?
You had electricy??? I bet you had plumbing too.

I can use Bluetooth from my phone to my car stereo and I believe I'm hearing the music I grew up with. As far as the news I don't believe much.

When I Was a Young Boy!

You Had a Radio!

Or!

You Listened!

And Now?

Well!

What about Now?
Did you have Dew?

When I Was a Young Boy!

You Had a Radio!

Or!

You Listened!

And Now?

Well!

What about Now?
What about Sunday morning it was that cartoon that no one ever watched or the Boston Celtics basketball game. Never understood why we got the Boston Celtics in SLC and then at 11pm all TV went off the air. Watched a few of those drunk!

When I Was a Young Boy!

You Had a Radio!

Or!

You Listened!

And Now?

Well!

What about Now?
I don't want to say anything. Somehow it leads to post removals.
I remember when we had party lines. You never knew who was listening. Now they record everything then figure out what B.S. to tell us.

I remember having only 6 channels, 2,4,5,7,9, and 44 and the T.V. went off at midnight. Now I can listen to music or talk on the phone through my hearing aids.

I went outside, i was not in front of a T.V screen at all hours of the day. Actually talked to people face to face.

When I was a young boy, owning a 3-speed "English racer" was the cat's meow, and Justine & Bob were idols on American Bandstand. I watched them everyday on our 8" Admiral B&W TV.

1628705031284.png

More recently...

1628705168683.png

When I was a boy, I had a dog and a horse. A sister that was 8 years older, and a sister that was 6 years younger. No electricity, a green handled pump over a gray wash basin, that sat on the end of a counter in the kitchen. A coal oil lamp on the table and a iron iron in my bed.

The dog and I, an the horse spent a lot of time together.

That might explain a lot of my problems with the neighbors.

When I was a boy, I had a dog and a horse. A sister that was 8 years older, and a sister that was 6 years younger. No electricity, a green handled pump over a gray wash basin, that sat on the end of a counter in the kitchen. A coal oil lamp on the table and a iron iron in my bed.

The dog and I, an the horse spent a lot of time together.

That might explain a lot of my problems with the neighbors.
I thought you would wind up that reply with the thing about being so ugly that they had to tie a pork chop around your neck so the dog would play with you. In your case, they would have added a hunk of apple for the horse, too. :rolleyes:
looneytoons.gif

Last edited:
DM it was 3 long and 2 shorts everyone knew what the call was about. LOL
It was years before we even had a phone. After we moved into town, I remember my Mom asking my Dad, “don’t you think we should get a telephone.” My Dad said, “I guess..... but who the hell are we gonna call?” Our phone number was 27.

My Dad would answer it, when it rang but I never remember him ever calling anyone. He died in 1991. If he wanted to talk to someone, he went to their place.

I once bought him a skill saw for his birthday. A couple years later I walked in on him, cutting a sheet of mahogany paneling, for the living room wall, with his hand saw. I asked, “why aren’t you using that skill saw?” He snorted, “you can’t cut a straight line with those damn things.”

A6EA9C3B-5D77-493D-815B-C5F8C4EFF841.jpeg

Hey Lumpy I have one of those phones my Dad found it in a pawn shop in Montana in the 60's had the guts taken out and a dial up put inside so it worked. I am going to put it in my garage when I retire.
Funny thing I handed my house phone to my Granddaughter and told her to call her Mom.. She just looked at me and asked HOW do I use on of these things. That was a push button imagine if she was to get on a old dial phone...LOL

Mine works does yours? They are really getting hard to find can't wait to get it all hooked up and use it instead of the Mobile

I spend way more time looking for my mobile phone than I do using it. I think it's in the garage right now. Maybe....

I miss Wolf Man Jack......
There’s an oldies am station in Moab that plays the stuff from when I was in high school. It’s amazing the memories a song will trigger. :cool:

I consider myself very lucky to be from one of the last generations to “drag main” (with the wolf man on sometimes). Ahhh, those summer nights of our youth.:cool:

There’s an oldies am station in Moab that plays the stuff from when I was in high school. It’s amazing the memories a song will trigger. :cool:

I consider myself very lucky to be from one of the last generations to “drag main” (with the wolf man on sometimes). Ahhh, those summer nights of our youth.:cool:
State Street for us SLC guys we would drag State and pick up girls amazing the cops didn't stop it back in the day. If they pulled us over and we had beer they would pour it out take your keys and tell you to walk home. Then you had to go pick up your keys the next day at the station.
I listen to the Sirius 70's station sometimes there is a song that comes on that reminds me of an old girlfriend or a situation with an old Girl Friend.LOL

For us in Grand Junction it was KOMA in Oklahoma City. We use to drag North Avenue and park at the Goofy Gal . Cops were really good to us. I had friends that carried a galvanized cooler in their trunk. Archie Bunker use to say " you can only rent beer..." If you were of age the cool thing was to hang at the Smoke Shack..a 3.2 bar where a lot of the Mesa college kids went.

For us in Grand Junction it was KOMA in Oklahoma City. We use to drag North Avenue and park at the Goofy Gal . Cops were really good to us. I had friends that carried a galvanized cooler in their trunk. Archie Bunker use to say " you can only rent beer..." If you were of age the cool thing was to hang at the Smoke Shack..a 3.2 bar where a lot of the Mesa college kids went.
Did you know Officer Mancuso a big burly Italian Cop

For us it was the "Miracle Mile" in Willits California, KFRC was about the only station happening. The best radios were in Fords, the Ford Philco.

The guts of those phones were popular for fishing. :)

Mine still has the guts.
Two brothers owned the place we hunted blacktail in CA near Eureka which had been an old hotel along one of the stage routes. It was a really neat place. It had lots of bedrooms with a big main bathroom upstairs. The lower level had a big kitchen, dinning room & a sitting/living room that had been the main lobby. Right inside the main entrance was a small booth with door that was almost all glass. Inside was one of those crank-up phones in it.

It was years before we even had a phone. After we moved into town, I remember my Mom asking my Dad, “don’t you think we should get a telephone.” My Dad said, “I guess..... but who the hell are we gonna call?” Our phone number was 27.

My Dad would answer it, when it rang but I never remember him ever calling anyone. He died in 1991. If he wanted to talk to someone, he went to their place.

I once bought him a skill saw for his birthday. A couple years later I walked in on him, cutting a sheet of mahogany paneling, for the living room wall, with his hand saw. I asked, “why aren’t you using that skill saw?” He snorted, “you can’t cut a straight line with those damn things.”

View attachment 49352
53..,,,,I have two of these old timers. The other one has everything in it and it would ring if it was hooked up to a land line. It’s not as traditional looking as this one so it was my intention to move all the guts out of it, into this one, and hook it back up........ but I finally cancelled my land line, and I never got it done.

My folks never had one of these old style crank phones because by the time we moved to town, where there were “modern” conveniences, the dial phones had replaced these old timers. My sister, who was 8 years older than me, was hired as a switch board operator, She still used that system where when a call came in, she had to move the connection cables around the switch board to pass the call down the line, to the next operator.

It was great to grow up in that old environment, with the thrashing machines, crank to start vehicles, ferries to cross the rivers, make your own butter and butcher your own meat,,,,,,,,, but I’m fine to live the way we do now. At least I don’t have to share my bath water with a half dozen other people anymore!!!!

I spend way more time looking for my mobile phone than I do using it. I think it's in the garage right now. Maybe....
I had a cell phone in the early 80s when I was travelling a lot. I dumped it in 1985 & haven't owned one since. My bride has been using one for about 20 years. She doesn't 'text' back & forth or otherwise waste time on it. I wanted her to have it mostly for emergency situations, like only for REAL communication. :cool:

I go back a bit more. :rolleyes:

In NJ, it was Alan Freed on WINS, NYC's top R&R station. In 1957, a buddy, two young ladies & I ventured to Harlem's Apollo theater for an Alan Freed R&R revue. A few notables I recall from that show were Bill Haley & The Comets (Rock Around The Clock), Jerry Lee Lewis (Whole Lot Of Shakin' Goin' On), Laverne Baker (Tweedle Dee/Jim Dandy), Fats Domino (Blueberry Hill), Chuck Berry (Maybeline), Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers (Why Do Fools Fall In Love), Platters (Only You), Moonglows (Sincerely), Penguins (Earth Angel), etc.

We 'cruised' about 3 miles of Main St. in Hackensack, NJ with big fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror & the radio blasting with all the windows open, even when it was 10 deg.

Later, in Phoenix, it was Central Ave. from Bob's Big Boy south to McDowell. I was married then but had to show off my '56 T-Bird after a night at the bowling alley.

I recall the megawatt KOMA, too. Often it was the only station I could get on the radio when driving around the country late at night. One year on a Kaibab deer hunt, I used a little creation I made for a transister radio. It was a small wooden box with copper wire wrapped around it many times except for one end that was about 10' long when uncoiled. The idea was to use it as an aerial by inserting the radio into the box & tossing the long end up over a tree branch if possible. It sorta worked, but the only station we got that came in clear was KOMA.

Noted sportscaster, Curt Gowdy, got his start at KOMA. He went on to 'call' many great moments in sports but I remember him most for The American Sportsman series on TV.

Last edited:
American Sportsman...first of it's kind. I didn't know that is where he started. I use to put my finger on the back of my radio in my room to increase the reception...didn't know how it worked but it did.

On my first transistor, I could pick up KMON (pronounced Come-On Radio) after 9:00 P.M. out of Great Falls, Montana. Now, after over 60 years, I still tune in on my smart phone, everyday.

1628878028392.jpeg

While living in Southern Utah and Nevada on the late 60’s it was Wolf Man Jack and the Master Blaster ever night. Don’t recall the station number.

State Street for us SLC guys we would drag State and pick up girls amazing the cops didn't stop it back in the day. If they pulled us over and we had beer they would pour it out take your keys and tell you to walk home. Then you had to go pick up your keys the next day at the station.
I listen to the Sirius 70's station sometimes there is a song that comes on that reminds me of an old girlfriend or a situation with an old Girl Friend.LOL
Both my bride & I have Sirius in our vehicles. We both usually have the '50 station tuned in.

I was able to buy a life-time subscription in 2009 for a bit over $300. They did away with it shorthly after, however, and went to annuals only, which is what I had to buy my wife. After paying the full annual rate early on, tho, I decided to cancel since she listened to only that one station. Naturally when I called, they asked why I was cancelling. As result, they put her car on a very inexpensive annual rate with a very limited number of stations, which is fine with her.

As an aside, Sirius recently lost a law suit concerning the past life-time subscriptions. Now, for a one-time $35 fee, they must allow the transfer from one vehicle to another for the life of the subscriber & not the vehicle a they did before. Since I rarely drive my Durango for more than a few miles anymore, I'll be doing just that when her renewal comes up in Sept.

I go back a bit more. :rolleyes:

In NJ, it was Alan Freed on WINS, NYC's top R&R station. In 1957, a buddy, two young ladies & I ventured to Harlem's Apollo theater for an Alan Freed R&R revue. A few notables I recall from that show were Bill Haley & The Comets (Rock Around The Clock), Jerry Lee Lewis (Whole Lot Of Shakin' Goin' On), Laverne Baker (Tweedle Dee/Jim Dandy), Fats Domino (Blueberry Hill), Chuck Berry (Maybeline), Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers (Why Do Fools Fall In Love), Platters (Only You), Moonglows (Sincerely), Penguins (Earth Angel), etc.

We 'cruised' about 3 miles of Main St. in Hackensack, NJ with big fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror & the radio blasting with all the windows open, even when it was 10 deg.

Later, in Phoenix, it was Central Ave. from Bob's Big Boy south to McDowell. I was married then but had to show off my '56 T-Bird after a night at the bowling alley.

I recall the megawatt KOMA, too. Often it was the only station I could get on the radio when driving around the country late at night. One year on a Kaibab deer hunt, I used a little creation I made for a transister radio. It was a small wooden box with copper wire wrapped around it many times except for one end that was about 10' long when uncoiled. The idea was to use it as an aerial by inserting the radio into the box & tossing the long end up over a tree branch if possible. It sorta worked, but the only station we got that came in clear was KOMA.

Noted sportscaster, Curt Gowdy, got his start at KOMA. He went on to 'call' many great moments in sports but I remember him most for The American Sportsman series on TV.
I’m 6 years younger ODW, but those artists were still making noise when I was old enough to be paying attention. The first radio song I remember being all excited about was Party Doll by Roy Orbison. Chuck Barry was still getting played but Elvis had the spotlight by the late 50s.

I’m 6 years younger ODW, but those artists were still making noise when I was old enough to be paying attention. The first radio song I remember being all excited about was Party Doll by Roy Orbison. Chuck Barry was still getting played but Elvis had the spotlight by the late 50s.
Oh lumpy, you're getting too old. :ROFLMAO:

Collecting oldies from the 1950s & early '60s was sort of a hobby for me for many years. I sold most of my record album collection on eBay to help finance my trip to Africa in 2003. Several were 1st editions by Presley. to this day, I still have plenty of the 45s with the big holes packed away in a closet.

"Party Doll," one of my favs, was a hit for Buddy Knox. His fellow member of the Rhythm Orchids, Jimmy Bowen, recorded the hit, "I'm Stickin' With You."

Orbison's first decent hit from that era was "Obbie Doobie" (sp?) in the 50s, then "Only the Lonely," circa 1960. It was & still is one of my favorite Orbison tunes, along with "Pretty Woman."

I first laid eyes on my furture bride more than 60 years ago in Seaside Heights, NJ where her sorority had rented a house for a week. One of her sorority sisters was my buddy's girlfriend, and I had driven him down there from northern NJ to visit her. Coincidentally, when we first walked into the living room, "Only the Lonely" was playing on the radio. My wife was styling a gal's hair in the middle of the room. That buddy was my best man at the wedding two years later.

All seems like ancient history now.

rockingchair.gif

You’re right, it was Buddy Knox. And that is definitely a symptom of old age. Wouldn’t have happened ten years ago.

I can’t hum happy birthday but I love music, mostly outlaw country from the 70s and 80s but all of, if it’s good works for me whether it’s Zydeco, Motown, BlueGrass, Celtic, Jazz, Rock & Roll, Pevuian Pipes (Pan Flutes) etc. Never could handle Big Band, Classic Pop,
Orchestra, and the Spanish/Mexican-polka style music.

I rarely listen to anything but Willies Road House or Country Prime on Sirius any more. I don’t think I’ve listened to a A.M. Station except for local news in the last five years.

60 years together is good long life with your sweatheart. Congratulations. Here’s to many more!!!

It’s 50 years this year for me. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long.

You’re right, it was Buddy Knox. And that is definitely a symptom of old age. Wouldn’t have happened ten years ago.
I lost a lot of interest in music after the mid-1960s & the disco era. But I'll always be a R&R fan, with some pop stuff thrown in ala Celine Dion, Cher, Whitney Houston, etc. Although I was never a big fan of the more twangy, "my horse left me to have a lesbian affair with a pigmy mule" type of country, I do enjoy some of the more classic types from Cash, Nelson & Jennings on the male side & Tucker, Cline, Gayle & Parton among the females .

I listen to Sirius "50s Rock or a local sports talk station.

We'll 'do' 60 on Oct. 15 & a bit more than a month later, I hit the big 80. It might be touch & go if I get to both of them. :ROFLMAO:

ODW ya got us by two years, 58 last month. I hit the big 78 in December and about have this old body worn out. Time to recycle it....I hurt everywhere. I like the same female singers. Have seen Celine twice. I agree on the BAD country but favor Haggard, Jennings & Ray Price. Just Someone I use to know by Price is sure a lonesome song. Tom Paul & The GalsierBrothe (sp) had some good stuff. The Belamy Brothers kind of were creative ?

I lost a lot of interest in music after the mid-1960s & the disco era. But I'll always be a R&R fan, with some pop stuff thrown in ala Celine Dion, Cher, Whitney Houston, etc. Although I was never a big fan of the more twangy, "my horse left me to have a lesbian affair with a pigmy mule" type of country, I do enjoy some of the more classic types from Cash, Nelson & Jennings on the male side & Tucker, Cline, Gayle & Parton among the females .

I listen to Sirius "50s Rock or a local sports talk station.

We'll 'do' 60 on Oct. 15 & a bit more than a month later, I hit the big 80. It might be touch & go if I get to both of them. :ROFLMAO:
We’ll we’re pulling for you ODW. Like’s been said, we need you and your knowledge/wisdom here........ so don’t be checking out before the rest of us can get the bill paid!!!

ODW ya got us by two years, 58 last month. I hit the big 78 in December and about have this old body worn out. Time to recycle it....I hurt everywhere. I like the same female singers. Have seen Celine twice. I agree on the BAD country but favor Haggard, Jennings & Ray Price. Just Someone I use to know by Price is sure a lonesome song. Tom Paul & The GalsierBrothe (sp) had some good stuff. The Belamy Brothers kind of were creative ?
Congrats on 58! In this day & age, anything over 5 rates a star!

My oldest son got divorced after about 22 years, and my daughter has been divorced twice. They are both in their late 50s, single and now living together for economy purposes. She has worked for HUD for about 15 years & makes good money.

My youngest son, also in his 50s, joined the Army at 17 & spent 12 years, mostly as a recruiter. While he was working for Skeeter boats in Texas, he met & married a divorced gal with four kids about 15 years ago. They're still together as of now.

aliensjpg.jpg

I remember the 3 channels but spent all my time outside as a boy. Only came in when Little House onthe Prairie or the Sunday night Disney movie came on.

KOMA and WBAP for me.

On my first transistor, I could pick up KMON (pronounced Come-On Radio) after 9:00 P.M. out of Great Falls, Montana. Now, after over 60 years, I still tune in on my smart phone, everyday.

View attachment 49414

While living in Southern Utah and Nevada on the late 60’s it was Wolf Man Jack and the Master Blaster ever night. Don’t recall the station number.
My dad carried consistently two things when he went outside. A transistor radio was in his shirt pocket and a pocket watch was in that short pocket in his jeans that no too many folks know of.
I still have the last radio and the last pocket watch he ever had.

Two brothers owned the place we hunted blacktail in CA near Eureka which had been an old hotel along one of the stage routes. It was a really neat place. It had lots of bedrooms with a big main bathroom upstairs. The lower level had a big kitchen, dinning room & a sitting/living room that had been the main lobby. Right inside the main entrance was a small booth with door that was almost all glass. Inside was one of those crank-up phones in it.
Tell me more. Eureka is my home town.

Tell me more. Eureka is my home town.
It was back in the mid-80s, so I'm really foggy on the details. We flew into Eurecka & then drove aways, but I have no idea what direction we went because I wasn't paying attention.

The place was owned by two brothers. Bill Barnum is an attorney in Eurecka, I believe. The other one was Michael, who was sort of a flighty, but he managed the ranch. In addition to being on an old stage line, I think they said it was once a timber lease. It was right off a paved 2-lane road, maybe state highway-type. In fact, one day we sat up at the turnoff to the ranch & glassed the open meadows, which were across a valley.

They had a special firearm season over a Thanksgiving weekend right in the middle of the rut through some program with CAF&G. I had one non-shooter buck that was a looking for a fight walk within 5 feet of me while I was hunkered down under a pepper tree. And my buddy killed his buck while it was mounting a doe in that same medaow. What a way to die, huh? ☹️

I did an article that has more details, but it's on my broken PC. I need to pull the drive to get the data off it.

100 years from now people will be playing these songs and singing along.
Here are prime examples..

from the 2012 Olympics...and I think they used it during the opening ceremonies this year..

And another...

Probably the most creative version of Imagine...

Last edited:
Cool. It's amazing what an arrangement & full Orchestra can do for simple tunes like those.

While I was rooting around YuoTube for Beatles' stuff, I came across this classic from my teen years...I remember reading the bazaar story behind it but forget it what it was now.

I'm with Lumpy not a fan of the beetles. The left loves "Imagine" and everything the lyrics describe. Apparently Lennon himself once described it as a communist manifesto ?
I'm not a Beatles fan either, but I do like several of the songs they wrote & sang, including the "commununist manifesto." ;) I didn't much like their upbeat stuff, tho.

But you have to admit that their sound had a profound impact on music even though you weren't around during the 'doo-wop' years of rock & roll. The Beatles led to the English invasion, bringing a completely different sound to the U.S. by the Doors, the Rolling Stones, Boy George, etc. That eventually led to the disco era of Donna Summer, the Bee Gees, etc.

Unfortunately, rap eventually came along as well.

simon.gif

Last edited:
Cool. It's amazing what an arrangement & full Orchestra can do for simple tunes like those.

While I was rooting around YuoTube for Beatles' stuff, I came across this classic from my teen years...I remember reading the bazaar story behind it but forget it what it was now.

That was my brother in laws favorite song back then. Awesome.

I'm with Lumpy not a fan of the beetles. The left loves "Imagine" and everything the lyrics describe. Apparently Lennon himself once described it as a communist manifesto ?
Whaaat? :)

They put that to rest with their song Revolution. "But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao you ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow"

Ok, but to be fair John wrote that song after the Beatles broke up. It was Yoko who got John all messed up in the head.
I think he was well on his why to being messed up before 1968 and Yoko, she just helped him pull back the drapes. I was already looking the other way, long before they were a couple. From 64, until Creedence showed up, I was off the air......... living on 8 tracks and oldies channels.

I think he was well on his why to being messed up before 1968 and Yoko, she just helped him pull back the drapes. I was already looking the other way, long before they were a couple. From 64, until Creedence showed up, I was off the air......... living on 8 tracks and oldies channels.
I grew up in the strictest environment you can imagine. The Beatles gave me permission to think for myself and rebel just a little. My parents hated the Beatles so I liked them that much more. I never lost my roots but I learned to let my hair down once in awhile.

Normally folks think Mormons are strict with their kids. Not necessarily so, in ever home. Mine cared, a lot, but they were never strict. I had a long rope.

Again, that might explain a lot about my interpersonal skills. I’ve got lots of scars and broken bones to show for my independence. Having strict parents isn’t all bad, believe me on that one.

No doubt, moderation......... when ever possible.

I’m a lyrics guy. And I’m always suspect as to what point the musician is trying to make because I believe most lyrics are inspired by what is going on in their head. The dangerous part is too often reading or hearing words is not always, in fact it’s probably rare, that I understand what the words mean to the author and how different I translate them in “meaning”.

In this case, think I’ve always felt the musician was seeing a different image in his/her mind, when they sing “here comes the sun” than the images I’m seeing.

Bias......... are terrible things, it seems.

Another example for me is “hope an change”, it’s a very positive image for some, but it’s a very dark image for me.

It not a fun way to think because I’m always analyzing conversation. It’s tiring.

Does that make any sense at all?

You're a thinking man 2Lumpy and nothing wrong with that. A lot of songs I like I don't even understand the words, I just like the beat. They just put me in a good mood.

search for Glenn Beck's version.......WOW!!
WOW! is right!

Paul McCartney wrote a song about the destruction of America back in 1969. (he might not have known it at the time). The other Beatles hated to record it but Paul insisted. It's happening today before our eyes. Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

No doubt, moderation......... when ever possible.

I’m a lyrics guy. And I’m always suspect as to what point the musician is trying to make because I believe most lyrics are inspired by what is going on in their head.
When it comes to lyrics...

I was searching YouTube vids a while back and came across this one, which was always one of my favs when he recorded it many years ago. And now, listening closely to the actual lyrics shows how prophetic it was even back then to what is currently happening. It was written for Elvis in 1969 by Mac Davis. So turn up your sound and find out that nothing has changed from when the song was written.

Last edited:
Anyone remember watching American Bandstand with Dick Clark?
A factoid I forgot to mention yesterday. Many of the kids on AB during the '50s, including Arlene of the popular couple, Ken & Arlene, were gay. Clark knew it but wanted to keep it under wraps for fear it would hurt the show's image. He supposedly had 'spies' that went to the gay hangouts so they could report back on the AB kids that frequented such places.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom