When you kill, do you care?

mtmuley

Long Time Member
Yes or no question here. That's it please, yes or no. Not any what ifs or ya buts. When you hunt and kill a big game animal, do you care about the meat of that animal? YES or NO. mtmuley

Yes.I was brought up hunting big game under the belief that if you killed it you ate it,when I was a kid we were far from well off and every piece of meat we could put in the freezer was a blessing.

Yes

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Um to be honest.. I Might sound like a ass hole but.... I dont care about it for myself.... but i give my meat away to people that need it. My family has a big farm and we have lots of Meat so why eat deer or elk when you can eat Cow all the time

NOPE!!!

When I'm back in several Miles that's the last thing I wanna deal with!

RAZZIN Ya Boys!

Meat is taken care of no matter how far back in that 50.00 a pound stuff is!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Funny question...that's kinda the whole point, ain't it?

Sure do love eatin' my wild game, but come about March, I start to get a hankerin for some beef fat as well...I do very consistently augment my diet with the mandatory and irreplacable Pork Products also! ;)

Most of us on here really do appreciate them big horns and bone, and hunt for them whenever possible, but I do often wonder about the 'trophy sickness' that seems to have infected the present generation of hunters pretty deeply

Doh! I done gone and said too much...

YES, I DO :)

Yes,

I've ate every game animal that I have shot. I have not bought any beef in years. Between Me, the Wife, and three kids it doesn't last long around here though.

-John Wayne

Yes!

"why eat deer or elk when you can eat Cow all the time"

Why eat beef when you can eat deer or elk or antelope all the time? lol! I like a greasy burger or ribeye every now and then, but over all the wild meat has it all over beef.

Yes- I eat it always...

No- I don't care about it... Who's ever freeze dried it and hung it on the wall..?? That;s what I call caring about it...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-12 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]Abso%$#&*in-lutely Think I'll cook tenderloin, eggs and fried taters for breakfast tomorrow morning!!!!

YES....I'm opening a jar of venison tomorrow morning adding some Idaho hash with a Salsa topping. No short cuts here. It's about as good as it gets!

Yes.

Between me and my wife and a deer my buddy didn't want we put 6 deer in the freezer this year.

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

YES!!!!! I just made a whole bunch of Deer sausage jalapeno and chedder grilled burritos for my lunches the next few weeks.

Yes, wild game make great summer sausage, jerk, pepperoni sticks and brats but for steaks and roasts fed beef is far better eating!

No. I only kill to satisfy my bloodlust. Although, I have found that a nice spleen with some fava beans is mighty delectable.
Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Oh yeah baby!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

yes, and most of time the tenderloins dont even make it home for further proccessing

LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-12 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]Nice HunterHarry I am glad their is still hunter's that take care of their game as I do. Cut to how you like it and it's your game not somebody's bloodshot mess.Plus you use some of the same prop's as I do. good job make's me hungry and thristy!!

Yes, and it pisses me off when my wife brings home meat from the grocery stores when we have a freezer full.

>Uh, who's going to say no?
>Of course we care about
>the meat.

A couple morons already have,look above.

YES! We are Vegetarians if we don't get an elk. I had elk burgers for dinner last night. Nothing like a good burger (Elk with 10 % beef suet, ground in my garage) cooked in bacon grease. Throw on some grilled onions. It doesn't get any better. With the elk Gods looking over us have not had to be a Veggy in 15 years.

I don't care for bear meat

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>I don't care for bear meat
>
>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

ROFLMFAO!! Sorry that's funny as hell right there :D

~Z~

Not only do I eat it, I give thanks. Hunting is a close to religion as I get.That being said, I will never shoot another bear, we just don't get along

YES!!!

I tend to prefer Elk and Deer over Beef most of the time, but every now and then a nice Beef ribeye or porterhouse can't be beat.

KRasmussen - I often make the same comment but I have to be careful when I do. I do eat every big and small game animal I kill. However, I do not eat yote, ground hog, whistle pigs, jack rabbit, etc...

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

It's part of the hunt. I don't quarter an elk and pack him out just to say I did.

I love HarryHunter's pics. I did my own for 20+ years but without a good place to hang/age em, I pay to have em done the last 10 years or so.

I do give meat away. Usually when I pick up meat from the butcher, I'll go through my 2 freezers and anything dated the previous year gets bagged up, taken to work and given away. And I've given meat away to a woman at work that does all kinds of stuffed sausage, pepperoni sticks, summer sausage, etc. And she gives me some back.

When I was on a sheep hunt with Overton he cared so much he wept. Course he didn't hit the thing so maybe that is why he was sobbing?
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Haven't had a chance to log on in awhile. I'm stuck in Raton New Mexico working daylight to dark. Thanks for the responses. It's good to see most of us haven't lost sight of what we believe in. Also, I got to check out the Whittington Center. Awesome! mtmuley

>Yugh think?
>
>
IMG_4339.jpg

>
>
IMG_4341.jpg

I would prefer the Crown, but SFW won't auction any of that stuff off for $5

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom