Where’s the elk in kamas?

MiniCloud

Trying to fill my tag, spent the holiday weekend up there to just fine 20 head of deer but no elk. Any help would be appreciated.

They are mostly on private land up there my buddy has a ranch up there and tells me he has to call the fish cops all the time for Trespassers

There are elk in there, but according to DWR, there’s roughly 600 of them, and about a 2.6% success rate in that unit.
(Just looking at Hunt Planner reports)

I did, haven’t been vocal at all this year.
That’s half your problem. Leave the call at home.
Nobody is going to tell you where the elk are, honestly. Also, I know it’s likely not your internet either, but asking in the manner that you’ve asked for help will likely not be responded to very well and you could get roasted. Posts from new members asking for info like this happen all the time and you’ll likely never visit the site or give anything back to other members.

With that said, there are elk there. You need to put some serious miles on those feet. Obviously what you’re doing isn’t working so don’t respond and say “I’m already doing that” because you’re not doing it enough. Elk need water but not as frequently as deer. They normally water at several different places so getting a god patterns on them can be hard. Go 4 miles away from the nearest road and start hunting there. They are pressured so hard that they run and hide. Again, leave the dang call at home. Do NOT bugle or cow call because the animals know you are a 15 year old kid. Just don’t.

Nobody is going to tell you where the elk are, honestly. Also, I know it’s likely not your internet either, but asking in the manner that you’ve asked for help will likely not be responded to very well and you could get roasted. Posts from new members asking for info like this happen all the time and you’ll likely never visit the site or give anything back to other members.

With that said, there are elk there. You need to put some serious miles on those feet. Obviously what you’re doing isn’t working so don’t respond and say “I’m already doing that” because you’re not doing it enough. Elk need water but not as frequently as deer. They normally water at several different places so getting a god patterns on them can be hard. Go 4 miles away from the nearest road and start hunting there. They are pressured so hard that they run and hide. Again, leave the dang call at home. Do NOT bugle or cow call because the animals know you are a 15 year old kid. Just don’t.

lol

There is a lot of new internet scouting angles now a days, 15 year old girls, injured vets, folks on there deathbeds. Single women just getting into hunting. You see all kinds of new members this time of year ??‍?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom