Where do I start?

Murdoc34

I have a replica mount of a 240" mule deer taken in Colorado. I'd like to put it on the market and see if I can sell it, but I have no idea where to start? Any ideas on how I could sell him?

My other question is on price. I've never actually sold any taxidermy before. Any suggestions on what I should list the price as?

Thanks!

9408051.jpg

6130052.jpg

5731053.jpg

6021054.jpg

I might post on taxidermy.net and see what they think? They may have more insight as they deal with these things on a normal basis?

Dang, that's an awesome mount. Most replicas of nontypical racks are quite expensive and depending on the amount of labor involved to produce the copy, you might be looking at no less than $3000. The cape and labor to mount the replica might easily exceed $600.
I may be off on the low side, but at least you have a ball park figure. Good luck.

Eldorado

I sell quite a few mounts each year. I would love to know where I could sell a shoulder mount deer for 3K!! You will find that mounts typically sell for slightly more then what they cost to have mounted. Finding a market for any mount is the problem. Tax.net will be the cheapest around next to ebay. Very few mounted items get sold on Tax.net, because most on there are taxidermists and would simply mount one up themselves. (unless it was cheaper to buy it) My suggestion would be to find a high end store like in a tourist town that sells rustic furniture, etc. Sometimes they can sell some things but they tyically will want to double the price on you and that keeps most items from selling quickly.

Colorado Lion Hunt:

Mineshaft Lion Hunt:
http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT

I appreciate the info. I'm not in a big hurry to get it sold, but I really don't have a use for it. I purchased it from my taxidermist who just moved and figured I may be able to make a profit if I was patient. Just trying to supplement the taxidermy fund for the bear in my freezer waiting to get done!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom