Where to?

ammoman16

I've decided that it's about time for me to move out to that wonderful state. Been wanting to for as long as I can remember, and have decided that once i can get my house sold I'll be on my way. I'm looking to move to either Missoula or Bozeman. What are the pro's and con's of each? Work isn't an issue as i've already got that part taken care of.

I think either in this forum or over on bowsite.com in the Montana state forum there have been similar posts that may be very helpful.

Each area has its pros and cons. I live in Bozeman and love it.

It is kind of pick your poison. IMO opinion they both equally suck.

Missoula: Over crowed, Uppity people, expensive housing, filled with hairy legged tofu eaters.

Bozeman: Over crowded, expensive housing, uppity people, filled with baggy pants skater punks

I guess it would be better to get to cheer on the Bobcats then to be around all those stuck up Griz fans.

Nemont

HAHAHAHAHAAAA. Haven't heard it put that way Nemont. But its funny and true.

If it were me moving to MT from another state I would pick a nice small town on the east side. Whatever you sell your house for, where ever you are coming from, you will be losing out paying these TOTALLY inflated prices for land and homes on the west side or in Bozo. Unless you look for some poor sap that needs out of his place because he paid too much for it 2 years ago and his ARM just kicked in the adjusted rate, low-ball him and call it good.

I live South of Missoula, and the hunting around here is still excellent if you work at it. Lots of people, and everything said by NeMont. But, in Missoula, you can be a Grizzly fan. Our Football program, nevermind the rest of the stuff, is second to none. Not a reason to move here, but a reason not to move to Bozeman! Seriously, Montana is still a great state to live, work and play in. Don't tell ANYONE else. mtmuley

Thanks guys. I've been leaning towards Missoula, and unless I hear something that changes my mind that's where it'll be. I definitely like to hear as much as possible from people who hunt in those areas though.

I was born in missoula and have lived in the surrounding area my entire life. its not all hippies and stuck-ups, but mostly. theres still alot of really good people in town and alot of hunters, but expect more glares then thumbs up when you drive through town with an elk in the truck.
as far as hunting goes, its awesome. lots of road hunters but you dont have to walk far to get into GREAT hunting, especially for deer. theres great muley and whitetail hunting near town in general areas on public land.
i also really like bozeman, alot prettier country imo. either way you arent going to go wrong, just be ready for a little more a of a big city feel than you might be expecting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom