Which Carbon Tripod to Buy?

SLIVER

Very Active Member
Looking for a carbon tripod that won't break the bank, and is tall enough to stand up with and use a spotter. What do you guys recommend?

Price range ~$400 or less.

Thanks guys
))--SLIVER-->

sirui has been my go to for about 3 years. The only thing I wish I would of got a discontinued model they quit making a few years back, It was shorter.

You did not say how tall you are. The Slik CF634 is awesome and has a $40 instant savings thru 6/30 and we give a MM discount so it would be $195.00. The best head would be the Sirui VA5, normally $164.90, would be $140.17 and then you get $10 back from them. The Slik would be good for people up to 6'4" easily and if angled, even taller

Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel

sirui has been my go to for about 3 years. The only thing I wish I would of got a discontinued model they quit making a few years back, It was shorter.
Woops that was, my head. I'm using the Slik cf 634, I do wish they made shorter version. I need 36 in is all.

You did not say how tall you are. The Slik CF634 is awesome and has a $40 instant savings thru 6/30 and we give a MM discount so it would be $195.00. The best head would be the Sirui VA5, normally $164.90, would be $140.17 and then you get $10 back from them. The Slik would be good for people up to 6'4" easily and if angled, even taller

Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel
I'm 6'2" and use an angled spotter.

Thanks for hooking me up Joel. I really appreciate the time you took to chat on the phone with me and help me pick the best model.

TJ

Woops that was, my head. I'm using the Slik cf 634, I do wish they made shorter version. I need 36 in is all.
You can shorten your 634 easily if you want. Remove the lower legs. They unscrew and get some plastic caps from the hardware store.
Here is a good post showing the modification. This guy cut his insert off for weight but you can unscrew them also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom