Which one would you take?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Here's the hypothetical...... It's day 3 of a 5 day 4th season hunt in the best unit in Colorado. The hunt ain't been all that good until this day. You've hike about a mile to look into a winter range basin. You're hungry, cold and your wife is pissed that you've been gone for so long (4 days :) ), but that's worthless information in this hypothetical. There in the basin you spot two slugs running does around. Both are within 400 yards.
Which one do you take?

Thanks to Peter Eades for these fine photos from this Photo Tour that you might want to checkout if you like looking at Monster Muleys.

Monster Muley 1
xxxxxxxtour7.jpg

Monster Muley 2
xxxxxxxtour4.jpg

I'd be happy with either! Like Gunnihunter, first one with a clear shot. Pressed to make a choice, it'd be #2, for the non-typical trash points.

Boy, obviously both are takers... for some reason # 1 pops at me more. Maybe that funky brow? Good grief... they sure don't make many of those kinds of bucks anymore.

The first one I spotted. Once seen I would not look for any other Buck unless I tripped over it getting into shooting range of #1.

We all care about score and size. If we didn’t we all would shoot 2x2 and 3x3.

I shoot the 2nd buck if’n i had the choice

I like how there is an assumption here that #2 out scores buck #1. #1 has a lot of mass hiding an insane amount of length in those back forks. #1 all day!

So far 68% have voted for #1.You are all WRONG. Your arbitrary and irrelevant opinions need to be silenced. Only my opinion is correct and should be applauded. Just ask me.

#1 all day everyday

He is 5 inches wider, with about 5 more inches of mass and if I was to guess probably 5+ inches better in gross score!

If #1 presented a good shot, I would take it. I'm diggin' that one eye guard :)

I doubt my wife would still be pissed if I came home with either but #1 gets my vote

I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I THINK #2 would score better but the mass and character on #1 tickles my fancy.

#1 it is.... BOOM.

Zeke

Oddly enough out of curiosity I put numbers down for both and got the exact same number. LOL 211 for both of them.

Still taking #1 though.

Here's the hypothetical...... It's day 3 of a 5 day 4th season hunt in the best unit in Colorado. The hunt ain't been all that good until this day. You've hike about a mile to look into a winter range basin. You're hungry, cold and your wife is pissed that you've been gone for so long (4 days :) ), but that's worthless information in this hypothetical. There in the basin you spot two slugs running does around. Both are within 400 yards.
Which one do you take?

Thanks to Peter Eades for these fine photos from this Photo Tour that you might want to checkout if you like looking at Monster Muleys.

Monster Muley 1
xxxxxxxtour7.jpg

Monster Muley 2
xxxxxxxtour4.jpg
1 love eye guards.

If they were standing like that side by side and I had to choose, #1. If they were running around chasing, whichever one gave me the first good shot opportunity.
Either way, I'd never regret either.

I’d take 2. I love the symmetrical look. Nothing like a clean rack with a couple extras. Of course, 1 would be hard to pass up.

Tough choice. I think I'd toss a coin. The coin would choose 1 so id probably shoot #2 because i never do what im told.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom