Which Scope on which ML

Cavalier

I recently got a 3-9 Vortex Crossfire II Dead-Hold BDC for my .50 cal Omega. Just as I was getting ready to mount it, the dilemma happened. Should I install the Crossfire II on my .45 cal Omega and put the Nikon 3-9 BDC (currently on the .45) on the .50?

There’s really no difference between those to scopes.
Most of your elk shots are going to be up in close during the muzzleloader season. So you really won’t need the reticle. That’s assuming you have a LE hunt

Nikon is out of the scope business and the warranty is probably not much good now. I would put the Nikon on the rifle least likely to beat it to failure. Not that one scope is better, but Vortex has a warranty second to none

Nikon is out of the scope business and the warranty is probably not much good now. I would put the Nikon on the rifle least likely to beat it to failure. Not that one scope is better, but Vortex has a warranty second to none
Actually, it may not be legal to use a scope on a muzzleloader anywhere in the West next year.

I recently got a 3-9 Vortex Crossfire II Dead-Hold BDC for my .50 cal Omega. Just as I was getting ready to mount it, the dilemma happened. Should I install the Crossfire II on my .45 cal Omega and put the Nikon 3-9 BDC (currently on the .45) on the .50?
I’d install your best trigger finger in front of the trigger and go hunt. The details you are worrying about will not even be factors once everything has played out in your hunt.

Actually, it may not be legal to use a scope on a muzzleloader anywhere in the West next year.
Not quite. Haven’t heard of any changes coming to Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota or Wyoming so you should still be good to go there and during most of the any weapon seasons.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom