Which spotting scope

R

Ridge_Runner

Ok lets here it.. Now that my season is already over I am gearing up for next year and getting my christmas list ready hehe. What spotting scope between these 2 would you go for and lets here if you have used one or the other.

1. New Leupold 15x30x50 Gold Ring

2. Nikon XL2 16x48x60.

I use a pair of the Nikon Monarchs 10x42ATB binoculars and my scope is a 3x9 Leupold. Will having one of these spotting scopes help me judge a buck from much more range than can be covered by my glasses? I do like to glass lots of area and then make a stalk to close the gap if needed. What are your feelings on these compact spotters. Thanks

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

i have nikon bino's an bouhgt a pair of steiners. there is no compartson. people that look through my steiners think they are as good as a spotting scope. but i know better.if you can afford try leica spotting scope i hear they are awsome.i am in market for a new good spotting scope also.i am checking out doctor's leica an many more to find the best.you have to find what is best for you.an what a gie can afford.

I'd second looking into a Leica. Even if its the smaller 65mm version. One cannot spend too much on binocs and spotting scopes. Especially when you spend hours and hours behind them searching you have to have the best so that you don't get headaches etc...

Where as you want the best rifle scope, it has to perform early and late and hold zero, you'll only normally use it a few seconds, one time on a trip.

That being said I do like the Leupold LPS line of scopes, but don't know their quality compared to the spotting scope lin

Best of luck, Jeff

Ridgerunner, I have used both of those scopes and liked them. I do like having the ability to glass up game with the bino's and then zooming in on them with the spotter. Both are good quality. fatrooster.

docter 16x50 binoculars or swavorski 15x56 binos. i personally think that you typically spend so much time behind your binoculars that you should have a high quality pair of binoculars before a high quality spoting scope. thats just me
Casey

You definately get what you pay for in optics. I've never been in the financial position to run out and drop a grand for optics, but i found a way to get what i REALLY wanted. I use a Leica scope, swarovski and Zeiss bino's. It's called "lay away", it's a great thing to have. Go for the best, you won't regret it!! Slamdunk

I hope the Gold Ring is better than their Wind River line of optics - I'm not impressed with the Sequoia scope.

Anyone want to buy a Sequoia?? Angled - $200

if you want the good ones but dont want to spend the money all at once,, cabelas easy pay,, they charge youre card every month for six months and you get the product right then

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom