Which Utah deer area?

Millsworks

Looking at general deer muzzleloader hunt.
What area would you guys say is better and how many points should get me a tag.
Wasatch Mtns. West or East is where I'm looking at and having trouble figuring out how many points for good chance at drawing.
This year I'm just getting started buying points in Utah. Like to do a back packing hunt. Area looks good on map .
What's your advise or opinions on these deer areas.

Looks like I got to busy and loss track of time.
But still don't know if I need 1 point or 21.
Will hopefully get info to make decision to get in the pool or not.

>Looks like I got to busy
>and loss track of time.
>
>But still don't know if I
>need 1 point or 21.
>
>Will hopefully get info to make
>decision to get in the
>pool or not.

When applying in Utah, any amount of points for any tag in this state, is better than applying with 0

The hardest to draw general deer tags take 3+/- points to draw for NR. Some take 0.

I personally have 6, as does the wife. Hope to hunt the same unit back to back years soon, once alone, then with her.

For LE deer, points are everything. If you're gonna buy the license every other year to apply, I recommend applying for everything you may want to hunt someday.

Thanks so much for the info. Utah's draw odds were confusing to understand for me.
Now I can feel better knowing I should get a hunt there in 3-4 yrs. or less for my effort in a general season somewhere.
Will zone in on what area later.
Thanks again!

Look, Wasatch West takes about 0 points to draw a general muzz hunt. It is a tough hunt because this unit receives more tags than any other in the state. 10% of all hunters in Utah hunt in this unit. The state is trying to kill off the herd to keep the deer out of peoples back yards and it is a close place for everyone to go pretend they hunted and saw a small 2 point buck. If you pack in you may see more deer but even then it sucks pretty bad. As a non res you can draw a muzz tag in Wasatch West or East very easily .... likely with 0 points. I hunt this unit. We see bucks...nothing great...a 24" 3 point better get shot. You likly wont find better. You will need to hunt for 4 days or so to find a buck. Forget 28" bucks....there might be one in the entire unit. Wasatch East may be a bit better....

If you want an easy way to pull info for about $20 you can pull odds easily here where I do....

www.hunterstrailhead.com

If you need help figuring out how to use the site PM me. Just click on the state and then find your hunt.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom