WHO DO WE VOTE FOR???????

five_point_buck

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-04 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]I hate that I am posting something political, but it's important that we know who has our back when it counts, especially in the places where laws are made. Does anyone have any good info on the candidates and what they stand for when it comes to guns, ammo, hunting, wildlife, and our public lands?
Who's in bed with that planet of the apes looking 'anti" Diane Fienstien, or that drunk Teddy Kennedy? Who wants to take my "semi auto duck gun", who wants to cut money from game depts, who wants to close the backcountry, or make it impossible to buy ammo?

Any information will help. Sign up for your absentee ballot as many of us will be in the backcountry when the votes are tallied...

You all want a pissin' match about everything from bino's to sent lock undies....spend your time on an issue that matters.

th_Jack.jpg

Take er easy
five_point_buck *

Kerry on Hunting (NRA Website)
Kerry voted in 1994 to close off 1,181,000 acres of California's Mojave Desert to hunting. He supported a proposal to designate tens of thousands of acres of the Mojave desert as a national park, where hunting would have been prohibited. He voted against a proposal to make the area a national monument which would have allowed hunting to continue.

Kerry, unlike 56 of his fellow Senators, is not a member of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus. With more than 300 members in the House and Senate, it is one of the largest Caucuses in the U.S. Congress, and is "open to Congressmen and Senators who are sportsmen or who support the concept of sustained use and wildlife management, even if they do not themselves take to the fields and waters to fish, hunt or trap."

th_Jack.jpg

Take er easy
five_point_buck *

John Kerry's Voting Record on Second Amendment and Hunting Issues
Thursday, July 29, 2004

His voting record makes John F. Kerry the most anti-gun Presidential nominee in United States history. Since his election to the U.S. Senate in 1984, John F. Kerry has cast 59 votes (NRA did not score 4 of them) on issues involving firearms rights and hunting. These votes included votes to ban guns, to impose waiting periods on gun buyers, to financially punish gun manufacturers for operating a legal business and to restrict the free speech of Second Amendment advocates.

In addition, Kerry currently is a co-sponsor of S. 1431, which would ban all semi-automatic shotguns, all detachable-magazine semi-automatic rifles and many other guns, calling the whole lot "assault weapons."

Read more at the NRA website..........

http://www.nrapvf.org/kerry/Read.aspx?ID=4086

th_Jack.jpg

Take er easy
five_point_buck *

THE BUSH,
Mr president Bush.

Is there any other.
my nephue christerfer michal marvin.
crashed his copter 2 weeks ago in afganistan.
and was the last to be recovered.
he didn't die but his flying carreer is over.
you ask him and he say he'll live or die for our country.
and if it meams fighting so be it.
and he's sick and tired of the gay, commy, anty armes, fashest,
slobs that think that if you play like and ostrage and stick your head up your / in a sand pile that it will all be better.
Kerry has his head barried so deep,
the saying goes that after living with the lie ond repeating it over and over after a time you forget the truth or it becomes true to you.
Only cowards inflict wounds on oneself.
kerry is just that, a COWARD, you tell me, do you want your country to loose its ability to survive the harassment from bullies.
And with that goes your own rights for self protection.
vote NO for Kerry,
Go. Bush, fight team fight..
United we win,
You know what happenes if we don't.

VOTE BUSH! John Kerry will not only try to stop you from hunting, he will takes your guns, give the military toy guns, abort your grandchildren, and legalize gay marriges - better known as queer unions. And could you ever imagine the ketchup queen being first lady? He's a liberal abomination to God and country.

I had the privledge of seeing President Bush in person when he spoke yesterday to a crowd of about 10,000 people in Wheeling WV. He was introduced by a democrat union steward from a large steel company that was saved from going under when President Bush put tariffs on imported steel. Who to vote for is a no-brainer for me. Kerry has gone on record saying he will take away second amendment rights (just check the NRA website) and ultimately your favorite piece you hunt with. If you think it can't happen in America, ask Canada, England, and Australia. They are all democratic countries that USED to allow their citizens the right to own whatever firearms they wanted. His record suggests he will raise everyone's taxes and probably a lot. He would turn the war on terrorism over to an impotent United Nations.

I believe everyone has the right to speak their mind but I hate to see political lines on a hunting forum. However, this election could very well decide whether the next generation gets to hunt or just listen to a bunch of old men talking about how they used to hunt before the government fell inline with Europe and took away everyone's guns. I would hate to be one of those old men talking about what it used to be like when everyone could own guns.

Bush only yesterday added new hunting access, as reported by AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Bush administration said Monday it will give people who hunt and fish new access to hundreds of thousands of acres of lands and streams within 17 national wildlife refuges and wetlands.

The decision as the Republican National Convention was opening in New York was announced by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Asked if it might help President Bush's re-election efforts, the agency's director, Steve Williams said, "This is just another example of the president's commitment to sportsmen."

"By law, Congress directed the service to consider and provide opportunities for hunting and fishing where it's compatible on the refuges. We take that quite seriously," Williams added.

Both Bush and Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry have cast themselves as sportsmen in campaigning for votes among hunters and conservationists. Groups that promote hunting and fishing rights or habitat for fish and game - such as the Boone and Crockett Club, Ducks Unlimited and the National Rifle Association - claim millions of members.

Hunting and fishing, along with observing and photographing wildlife, have long been allowed in the 95-million-acre refuge system. That includes 544 national wildlife refuges and thousands of small wetlands and other specially managed areas.

Currently, more than 300 wildlife refuges and about 3,000 small wetlands are open to hunting, and more than 260 wildlife refuges are open to fishing.

Monday's decision opens another 243,500 acres as of Sept. 1, wildlife officials said.

Federal officials opened to hunting and fishing four more national wildlife refuges: Mountain Long Leaf in Alabama, 3,300 acres; Cypress Creek in Illinois, 100 acres; Red River in Louisiana, 2,700 acres, and Waccamaw in South Carolina, 10,500 acres.

Also opened were six more wetlands management districts: Devils Lake in North Dakota, 56,000 acres; and in South Dakota: Huron, 11,000 acres; Lake Andrews, 20,000 acres; Madison, 38,500 acres; Sand Lake, 45,000 acres, and Waubay, 4,400 acres.

Seven refuges where officials added to the land and marshes available for hunting are Savannah in Georgia and South Carolina, 2,000 acres; Big Oaks in Indiana, 10,000 acres; Big Branch Marsh in Louisiana, 6,000 acres; Crescent Lake in Nebraska, 5,000 acres; Cross Creek and Tennessee in Tennessee, 24,000 acres, and Trinity in Texas, 5,000 acres.

Officials said the agency was not adding money to the budget to help with managing the additional activity in the newly opened areas.

I dont usually get into talking about politics but its a no brainer for me. BUSH! Ive payed allot of attention this election because of hunting issues. But the other stuff has also caught my attention such as the war. Im Military and yes ive been put in "Harmess way" thats why we take the oath. We know what we are getting into.Its our JOB! Im tired of people bagging on bush because he sent us to war. Hes doing what he thinks is best. Ask people in the military who they are going to vote for. I bet the majority will say bush. If the war hasnt affected their vote why should it affect others. Kerry said he would have done things different after 911 but where was he? HIDDING! I really hope i dont have to call a coward my Commander and Cheif. Just my 2 cents. I sorry if i have offened anyone but its just how i feel. Mountaineer

Im in the army as well, I was among the first ground troops into Iraq, Im on my way back to Iraq for my second tour. I wasnt knocking on the oval office door asking bush to send me to war, but hes the only choice!!! Vote Bush!

Tom

I'll vote Bush, He's the lesser of two evils. His poor record on the environment concerns me. Kerry is just Kerry, and that's not good. The two party system makes both the canidates too far to the left or the right. I would like a canidate that was pro 2nd ammend. and pro environment, yet not extreme in either case. We don't need to be selling fully auto rifles to 19 year olds from another country, and we do not need to close a logging town down because of some endangered frog. For what I know, I believe McLain is an horable and fair man.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom