Who is happy with new wolf law?

Do you think governor Little should have signed the new wolf law?

• Yes

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You also can't have abundant ungulate.population with poor or dissapearing habitat/food supply
Fwiw Idaho's,elk population is growing even with 1500 wolves, as far as mule deer their decline is happening all over the west includeing
Growing elk populations in areas that historically had few or no elk is the only reason the total elk numbers in Idaho have done well the last 20 years in Idaho. Many areas of Idaho have few or no wolves and in these areas, elk have been doing very well. Many areas that historically had a lot of elk have seen a significant decrease in elk numbers over the last 20 years. It isn't common knowledge but government officials/contractors have aerial gunned some packs of wolves that have been particularly hard on elk and sheep/cattle the last few years. If the feds don't stop the state, we are just going to see more wide spread aerial gunning and other tactics to remove wolves in Idaho to bring their population closer the the original agreement from 20+ years ago of 150 wolves/10 packs.

I agree that wolves are way down on the list on reasons mule deer populations have not been doing well.

I agree. I never said wolves are the only problem, and I don't blame wolves entirely. Subdivision of prime habitat, inability to divert stream water outside stream banks to displace grazing of all kinds off riprarian areas, and a let it die and burn policy have all added to decreased habitat and stress on wildlife along with large predator predation. Sustainable habitat is shrinking and pressure of all kinds is increasing. When an ecosystem burns, the resource for one diminishes, but increases for another. Other posts I've made advocate for prescribed burns in critical habitat for specific species. My opinion is that BLM and State Trust land of little use to wildlife/agriculture should be sold/traded for subdivision protecting bottom or mountain ground for wildlife. Here they put rattlesnake/prickly pear into "wilderness study" as if it will ever amount to Lewis and Clark days. Grow houses on that instead of where deer/elk/Antelope calve/fawn. Increase grazing rates to pay for conservation easements to keep subdivision off prime private lands. Trade 10:1, or whatever it takes if you against sale of public lands, public for private to protect critical wildlife habitat. 10,000 public acres with 10 Antelope isn't as beneficial as 1,000 public with pheasants/deer/Antelope/elk that the public can access and wildlife can flourish. No easy answers, but there are options.
I ,agree 100% improve,the habitat herds will
Improve /grow,

I don't think they will ever get down to 150 wolves 500 maybe but 150 just isn't possible imo
I agree. Even if they wanted to cut it that close, it may be extremely difficult without poison. The Feds might also step in if they get to close to 150. I think it would be great if they could manage them below 500 but that will be difficult.
I ,agree 100% improve,the habitat herds will
Improve /grow,
The sad thing is in many areas development has eliminated critical habitat that mule deer will not get back anytime in the foreseeable future. Habitat is without a doubt the #1 reason mule deer have declined everywhere in the west. It is still a complicated problem with different factors being more significant in certain areas.

Drink that kool aid
Yeah, I know you liberals hate it when presented with FACTS. Kool-aid is better than whatever it is you're drinking. Or maybe it's all the "legalized" pot that has destroyed your brain cells. I love when guys from CO, OR, CA and other places with legalized pot open their mouths because it's usually the best argument there is against the legalization of MJ.

Yeah, I know you liberals hate it when presented with FACTS. Kool-aid is better than whatever it is you're drinking. Or maybe it's all the "legalized" pot that has destroyed your brain cells. I love when guys from CO, OR, CA and other places with legalized pot open their mouths because it's usually the best argument there is against the legalization of MJ.
You've ate too many ducks. I see I've hurt your feelings and I'm sorry. I should of known a duck hunter couldn't handle conflict. Sad you let liberals get you so worked up. Weak minded I suppose. Carry on.

For those who are happy, do yourselves a favor and type in "Idaho Legislature" in the search bar and read through the comments and different threads. Adjustments to elk harvest and monetizing and privatizing big game hunting opportunities is next.

For those who are happy, do yourselves a favor and type in "Idaho Legislature" in the search bar and read through the comments and different threads. Adjustments to elk harvest and monetizing and privatizing big game hunting opportunities is next.
Could you please be more specific? I'm having trouble finding the information you described.

Could you please be more specific? I'm having trouble finding the information you described.
The history of legislators wanting the ability for landowners to be able to sale tags is well known. IMO, The elk depredation problem in the Magic Valley is going to be used to implement wide spread changes to elk seasons. It may not happen, but past history shows that they will try.

Thank you and I do remember these incidents, I am going to read them again. The Farmers have taken way to much control,plus they are proven poor managers of wildlife.

Yeah everyone can beat there chest and tut there horns but wolves will never get anywhere near 150! We can't even poison skunks because it's considered inhumane, no way we get away with poisoning overly romanticized wild Dogs!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom