Whos ASG's best guides for the Strip 13B ?

snowman22250

Finally...Drew 13B Archery with MAX points.
Using the Zero Guide fees system.
Does anyone know who the best guys are for the Strip (from AZ Strip Guides).
Travis is not available..Who else ?
I'm using scouters before the hunt opens..Then getting after it...
Snowman

Snowman
If it was me I would try to hunt with Bob Dykman (SVO) and get Travis to pay for it!

Snowman
snowman
I’m curious if AZ Strip Guides are not available to guide you on the actual hunt or was it that you decided on your own to not have them guide you?
It sounds like they may have offered you a scouting package instead?
When I was a member of zero guide fees they gave me the option to choose a guide service of my choice.
Zero guide fees only pays up to a certain amount depending on how many years you have been a member.
Thanks

Last edited:
snowman
I’m curious if AZ Strip Guides are not available to guide you on the actual hunt or was it that you decided on your own to not have them guide you?
It sounds like they may have offered you a scouting package instead?
When I was a member of zero guide fees they gave me the option to choose a guide service of my choice.
Zero guide fees only pays up to a certain amount depending on how many years you have been a member.
Thanks
If you read his post ASG is available to guide but the guide who he has a man crush on is already committed to someone else. So he’s asking which of the other ASG guides people would recommend for him to share a sleeping bag with in the desert…

If you read his post ASG is available to guide but the guide who he has a man crush on is already committed to someone else. So he’s asking which of the other ASG guides people would recommend for him to share a sleeping bag with in the desert…
Copy that. lol.

No man crush here..SS might get a little wood.... I won't mention any names..MDA,,,NRO,,,won't answer your calls...I guess you have to be a celebrity to hunt with those guys ??

There’s gotta be at least one dude on here that’s going to chime in…..

“Go DIY! To Heck with guides, they’ll just cramp your style!!!…. I get my fulfillment by doing everything on my own! Sure, I know I’ll never have this tag again, even if I live to 236 years old!”

Hey man, Congratulations on the tag! I hope it’s a great experience. I’m still waiting on my turn

There’s gotta be at least one dude on here that’s going to chime in…..

“Go DIY! To Heck with guides, they’ll just cramp your style!!!…. I get my fulfillment by doing everything on my own! Sure, I know I’ll never have this tag again, even if I live to 236 years old!”

Hey man, Congratulations on the tag! I hope it’s a great experience. I’m still waiting on my turn
Have things up there gotten so bad that DIY isn’t an option anymore?

Just pick the guide you like best and follow him around. Camp next to him, start your truck at the same time, follow his dust to the honey hole, then let Jesus take the wheel.

Have things up there gotten so bad that DIY isn’t an option anymore?

Just pick the guide you like best and follow him around. Camp next to him, start your truck at the same time, follow his dust to the honey hole, then let Jesus take the wheel.
I hunt DIY a ton, and I’ve hunted with a few Guides… I know how to kill bucks, bulls, bears, coyotes, turkeys, etc. etc. etc. as well as just about anyone….. That said….

IF financially it’s an option….. IF it is for you…. I think you’d be a damn fool to go out on the strip unguided, unless, unless, unless….

You are in close enough proximity to scout a ton, and better yet, if you’ve been out on that particular hunt, helping others multiple times before. I wouldn’t say that about most hunts, but some are just that rare, and special, that I think it makes a lot of sense. No matter how big your ego, or your giant sack full of pride is….

Greg Krogh is one of the best big deer killing machines that I know of, and he hired a guide, no questions asked, when he drew the strip……

FYI guys...I'm using ASG for pure scouting Intel. Get me in the deer.. I've always DIY...especially on archery hunts..
Biggest question this year is...."IS THE TAG WORTH KEEPING ??"...Is it going to be a good normal average year ? Good antler growth or not ??
Snowman

Hiring someone just for scouting intel on the strip? No wonder no one is calling you back?

Is it really DIY if you buy a scouting package?

???

Scouting package, with no cameras allowed any more…….
Good luck, I hope they do a good job and find you a buck or 2 to hunt that’s worth that tag.

If it were mine, I’d call the Epic guys to see if it’s worth keeping. I guarantee you they know what it’s going to be. I’ve heard “Average year”, which is pretty damn good on the strip.

FYI guys...I'm using ASG for pure scouting Intel. Get me in the deer.. I've always DIY...especially on archery hunts..
Biggest question this year is...."IS THE TAG WORTH KEEPING ??"...Is it going to be a good normal average year ? Good antler growth or not ??
Snowman
So you’re looking for the best guide for your DIY unguided hunt? #diy #otc #keephammerin?

So you’re looking for the best guide for your DIY unguided hunt? #diy #otc #keephammerin?
No no no. Just for scouting. He wants be able to tell everyone he did it himself.

If I was the OP I’d start getting the reasons I didn’t kill a buck together to tell the boys. Sample list:

Drought year. Horn growth was bad

Had a goal of 200 and didn’t see it (spoiler your friends know you would of shot that 170 if you saw one)

Used a bow. You just like it that much harder huh?

Too many lions

Weather was horrible

Mossback

Ma’s meatloaf got me sick

AZDFG

Too many tags

Biden

Dam...who made it dark fast ?? (SS)
I remember now why I havnt got on MM for a long time...
Done posting...
This thread is dead.
FYI- my bull pic on the 3A early season thread...did a 1 day scout package with A3 guides...got me on a good ranch, I did the rest.
Never would have got that bull on a depredation hunt Without Matt (A3).
There's a bunch of sickos on this site.

Dam...who made it dark fast ?? (SS)
I remember now why I havnt got on MM for a long time...
Done posting...
This thread is dead.
FYI- my bull pic on the 3A early season thread...did a 1 day scout package with A3 guides...got me on a good ranch, I did the rest.
Never would have got that bull on a depredation hunt Without Matt (A3).
There's a bunch of sickos on this site.
You paid someone to scout for you on a ranch?

And now your feelings are hurt? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Looking back I should of known after I read you’re a bowhunter.

I hunt DIY a ton, and I’ve hunted with a few Guides… I know how to kill bucks, bulls, bears, coyotes, turkeys, etc. etc. etc. as well as just about anyone….. That said….

IF financially it’s an option….. IF it is for you…. I think you’d be a damn fool to go out on the strip unguided, unless, unless, unless….

You are in close enough proximity to scout a ton, and better yet, if you’ve been out on that particular hunt, helping others multiple times before. I wouldn’t say that about most hunts, but some are just that rare, and special, that I think it makes a lot of sense. No matter how big your ego, or your giant sack full of pride is….

Greg Krogh is one of the best big deer killing machines that I know of, and he hired a guide, no questions asked, when he drew the strip……
I understand what you’re saying, but I still don’t like it.

i’m not exactly sure why, but it has something to do with “style” of hunting that has evolved there (and Kiabab). I hate the ultra competitive lets have a race to get there first circus that has emerged as a viable tactic.

Now, I know that’s not how everyone does it, and I hope the camera law throttles it back a bit. But there are characteristics of some of these OIL guided hunts that make me sick.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom