Who's Wearing Salomon's?

I have ran them for 3 years. Super comfortable and have held up really well to mountain hunting in Idaho, I think they might make 1 more season. Only down side is they started leaking water towards the end of season 1.

My Crispi Thor?s didn't make it a full season before leaking either. I think you really need to go full leather and keep up on sealer for full water protection.

Just my $0.02

That and I think some guys forget they still need to do some maintenance on all their boots...I get lazy sometimes and forget to treat mine...Just did, as Spring Turkey starts a week from Saturday and it's looking like it may be wet...

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

I like mine. I've got a couple years on them and they are holding up well. Great early season boot. I took mine out of the box and straight into a 23 mile backpacking sheep scouting trip and no problems.

Heard good things about the boots, but have used their GTX trail runners for early season, and there's nothing better. There's a thread on bowsite.com talking about them for some other insight.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-19 AT 00:06AM (MST)[p]>Heard good things about the boots,
>but have used their GTX
>trail runners for early season,
>and there's nothing better. There's
>a thread on bowsite.com talking
>about them for some other
>insight.
>

Yup, I think I started that one! :)

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

On my 4th season with the gtx 2s, they have had to be repaired once but man are they light and comfortable and waterproof. I'll upgrade soon! Love em

I love the quest 4D's. They have been great for me. I have put many many miles on them in some pretty nasty terrain.

I recently sent back two pairs. They don't make them wide enough for me.
Just ordered some Oboz Bridgers.

You might try Lowa Renegades, they are in the same class of boot and come in narrow, regular, and wide widths. You generally have to order the narrow and wide boots. I am on my second pair and I really like them.

Hasbean

4 yrs on a pair of la sportiva and 2 yrs on a pair of scarpa I would highly recommend either one of those tried a pair of crispi never made it a full yr before fall apart at the seams

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-19 AT 07:58AM (MST)[p]A little late to the conversation...I bought a pair of the 4D boots last year and used them through the spring/summer, the bow hunt and the muzzleloader hunt and was disappointed in their durability. They are very comfortable on my feet, as long as I'm on a trail. From my experience, they don't have great support once you're off the trial, side hilling, etc. I used them a couple days during the extended to see how they'd hold up and my feet got cold once I stopped hiking despite wearing 2 pairs of wool socks.

In my opinion, the best boot Salomon makes is the ?Salomon X Alp MTN GTX Boot? I started using them after the muzzleloader hunt last year and used them through the majority of the extended hunt. They kept my feet warm, they are just as comfortable and far more durable and have better support than the 4d boots.

https://www.us-elitegear.com/products/salomon-x-alp-mtn-gtx-forces

I am on my second pair of 4d?s. They are my go to boot for most everything until the temps get cold or the verticality extreme. First pair lasted 4 years averaging 20 miles a week hiking

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom