Why cops may start ignoring fleeing criminals.

RELH

Long Time Member
A 20 year police Sgt. in St. Louis, Missouri has been indicted by a grand jury for 2nd. degree murder for shooting a unarmed fleeing felon that had just committed a violent crime on a senior citizen and his 10 year old grandson.
The criminal attacked the senior citizen with a screwdriver while car jacking his vehicle. The citizen and his young grandson were able to escape from the vehicle and walk away. The criminal then tried to run down the citizen and his grandson with the stolen vehicle. He struck the citizen causing injury to his leg but missed the child.
The criminal then crashed the vehicle and started to flee the scene on foot. This incident was witnessed by a off duty officer going home from work and in full police uniform. The criminal resisted arrest by fleeing down a alley and was shot by the officer and later died.
The local D.A. who is noted for being a liberal, he also accepted campaign money from liberal billionaire George Soros who only supports liberal politicians that are anti police. This D.A. convened a grand jury and was able to indict the officer on a charge of murder.
Missouri has a fleeing felon law that is the same as in my state CA. That law allows an officer to use deadly force on a fleeing violent felony criminal to prevent his escape if it is reasonable to believe he-she poses a future danger to the public.
I will leave it up to you to decide if the fleeing felon posed a danger to a member of the public if he was allowed to escape and remain at large in the community.
If this keeps up, many officers will just ignore any situations that may place them in danger of being Monday night quarterbacked by liberals in office who fail to follow the law as written.
RELH

It’s the same tactic that’s been used to collapse the law and order system, so the public, for fear of personal violent criminal attacks, will demand a dictator be installed, to bring order back to the country.
It’s been used successfully to overthrow governments for many many years.

For the doubters......... read....... it’s no secret. And, yes, it can happen here, and it is.

Missouri has a fleeing felon law that is the same as in my state CA. That law allows an officer to use deadly force on a fleeing violent felony criminal to prevent his escape if it is reasonable to believe he-she poses a future danger to the public.
I had no idea such laws existed- good to know since I thought it was universal that officers could only use deadly force if there was an immediate threat to life. Clearly, there are circumstances where it makes total sense to stop a crazed felon. That said- it sure does put a lot of burden on the officer to make that snap judgement. Considering the targets the social justice warrior clans have placed squarely on the men and women who put their lives on the line every day, that burden is even greater. Sigh...

St Louis, Houston, LA, and dozens more have DA supported by Soros Open Society group. The goal is creating chaos to create opportunity for power grabs. Cops stand in the way of chaos, therefore cops need to be eliminated. BLM, defund movement, DA not charging, loss of gun rights, etc are all part of that agenda.

In crisis is opportunity. Just look at all the opportunity Covid created. Chaos will create similar.

Yeah, it's not random, it's planned.

Bluehair my grandfather was a elected sheriff in WV. I retired as a detective sgt. after 30 years in law enforcement. My oldest son is a patrol sgt. with 20 years under his belt.
His son, my grandson, is at the police academy now and I tried to talk him out of going into law enforcement. Darn kid is as hard headed as his father and grandfather, but did tell me that he will not go to work in any large city run by liberal politicians.

RELH

I would like to say thanks to any Law Enforcement Officers out there keeping us safe, even the ahole ones.
LEO'S have it tough there job is to enforce laws and are often looked at as aholes. Normally someone disagrees with them enforcing the laws. Sometimes even the victim will disagree with the officer enforcing the law.
Firefighters are always called to help and as such always look like heroes.
A married couple will have their home burn to the ground and the wife will show up to the fire station a week later with a plate of cookies for the Firefighters.
The same married couple will have a domestic violence problem with the wife getting the s#$% kicked out of her and the wife will spit in the LEO officers face for arresting her worthless deadbeat husband.
It is a matter of perception.

I would like to say thanks to any Law Enforcement Officers out there keeping us safe, even the ahole ones.
LEO'S have it tough there job is to enforce laws and are often looked at as aholes. Normally someone disagrees with them enforcing the laws. Sometimes even the victim will disagree with the officer enforcing the law.
Firefighters are always called to help and as such always look like heroes.
A married couple will have their home burn to the ground and the wife will show up to the fire station a week later with a plate of cookies for the Firefighters.
The same married couple will have a domestic violence problem with the wife getting the s#$% kicked out of her and the wife will spit in the LEO officers face for arresting her worthless deadbeat husband.
It is a matter of perception.
Enabler......

Looks like someone is still bitter he was/is too stupid to pass the entrance exam. Maybe it was the polygraph....I'm going with both.
You are so correct on that response. I am a retired Pennsylvania State Trooper and have heard many comments from people like him. Always a stroker who couldn't pass the test or the backround investigation.

I thought cops were smart enough to know when they are being trolled……..:rolleyes:
I’d say they are smart enough, as a general rule. Trolling cops, in the current environment seems somewhat misguided unless actual support for the anti cop movement is the intent. Trolling weird fat donut eating cops, getting indicted for enforcing the law, during a period of heated societal upheaval might be insensitive, at the least and supportive of the hate American way of life, at the worst.

Anyone that’s been out and about understands cops who aren’t perfect, in every encounter and we’ve all had our moments with a cop that’s acted less than pefect but now might not be the time to be poking fun at a group of people who have a damn difficult job in a damn difficult time. Just saying.

I’d say they are smart enough, as a general rule. Trolling cops, in the current environment seems somewhat misguided unless actual support for the anti cop movement is the intent. Trolling weird fat donut eating cops, getting indicted for enforcing the law, during a period of heated societal upheaval might be insensitive, at the least and supportive of the hate American way of life, at the worst.

Anyone that’s been out and about understands cops who aren’t perfect, in every encounter and we’ve all had our moments with a cop that’s acted less than pefect but now might not be the time to be poking fun at a group of people who have a damn difficult job in a damn difficult time. Just saying.
That’s a lame excuse. This isn’t a recent trend either. Cop issues go way back. You can sit and make excuse after excuse. But why isn’t there the hate towards the firemen? They get to see a lot of the ugly side of society too. Super rare for a bad encounter with a firemen.

And to try to mislead people on the difficulty of becoming a cop? Ahahhahahahsha. You’re not fooling anyone.

“F*** the fire dept”. Yep still doesn’t have the ring to it like police.

Maybe because the fire dept can’t arrest you. If they could, I bet there would be big time hatred. Think about it, most of the people that get arrested “didn’t do nothing” and dang sure don’t want to go to jail. So much that they will push back and see how much they can get away with before the force comes into play. Once the force shows up, it’s usually too late for tenderness. That was available at the beginning. Nothing anyone can tell me will convince me that a cop goes to work wanting a fight. Everyone knows that fights can be lost. How often does the fire dept get handed a fight or something that requires diplomacy or being political? How good are they at defusing a tense situation with someone that “didn’t do nothing” but has warrants and is resistant, combative, and just plain rude. It’s pretty simple, I wish people weren’t so stupid, if they are in a situation they don’t like with a cop, keep your mouth shut. It will do both you and the officer a favor. Then they can go and complain about how they didn’t do nothing and go after his job and get him canceled.

The fact that SS was able to elicit the responses he did proves his point - some people think like cops when they should think like people.

Thats how dudes get shot for no reason*.

*As someone who has has at least 3 glocks pointed at him simultaneously because the state Bull had the wrong address. To make it even better, while he had me zip tied in my driveway in front of my children he had the nerve to argue with me about what my address was.

Bad cops don’t get a pass from me.

The fact that SS was able to elicit the responses he did proves his point - some people think like cops when they should think like people.

Thats how dudes get shot for no reason*.

*As someone who has has at least 3 glocks pointed at him simultaneously because the state Bull had the wrong address. To make it even better, while he had me zip tied in my driveway in front of my children he had the nerve to argue with me about what my address was.

Bad cops don’t get a pass from me.

That must have been scary. I had trouble with addresses before, thankfully I didn’t have a reason to get excited with the tenants because I’m not there for a law and order reason. Can you find it in your heart to forgive him? You know what it says in the Bible about forgiving people that trespass against you.

Sure, I forgive him:rolleyes: Just like the folks he screwed on the front range who successfully got him transferred over here where we only have imbread hillbilly’s to beat on. :mad:

No, I don’t forgive him. God knows what he might have done if it wasn’t a well known member of the community who had the means and grounds to defend himself.

My father in law, who was chief at the time, had lots of fun needling the county sheriff about his stellar police work.

But one thing I did learn. If a cop (who isn’t one of me b-i-l’s or nephews) wants me to open the door, he better have a warrant.

It could have gone worse. The bad cop could have humiliated you more by doing a cavity search on you in front of your loved ones. Complete with the rubber glove and lube and dropping your pants and having you bend over and take a good searching in the name of keeping everyone safe. That would have sucked.

You should forgive him. It might make you feel better. It’s good you have a father-in-law and others in the family that are in law enforcement. I bet they are the only good ones in law enforcement that are around you.

Maybe because the fire dept can’t arrest you. If they could, I bet there would be big time hatred. Think about it, most of the people that get arrested “didn’t do nothing” and dang sure don’t want to go to jail. So much that they will push back and see how much they can get away with before the force comes into play. Once the force shows up, it’s usually too late for tenderness. That was available at the beginning. Nothing anyone can tell me will convince me that a cop goes to work wanting a fight. Everyone knows that fights can be lost. How often does the fire dept get handed a fight or something that requires diplomacy or being political? How good are they at defusing a tense situation with someone that “didn’t do nothing” but has warrants and is resistant, combative, and just plain rude. It’s pretty simple, I wish people weren’t so stupid, if they are in a situation they don’t like with a cop, keep your mouth shut. It will do both you and the officer a favor. Then they can go and complain about how they didn’t do nothing and go after his job and get him canceled.
Thanks for the reply. I don't think anyone is questioning cops have a hard job. But I believe cops have too much power. If you can't admit there's a lot of lazy or bad cops the discussion can't go any further. Hell I have a couple lazy guys in my company right now and I can't do anything about it because we can't find man power the way it is. The difference is my lazy guys are not putting people at risk or being d****s. They are just costing me money.

Look at how many people go to prison that didn't commit the crime. Countless videos of bad cop behavior. The one of the cop shooting an unarmed guy running away a couple years ago was straight up sick.

A few weeks back I was at a meeting with a couple contractors who are pretty much friends at this point. In the meeting one of the ladies told a story of her new car breaking down at 3am coming back from the airport to her house. It was on one of the main roads in town near the one of the cop substations. To make matters worse her cell phone was dead. She put her cautions on and got outside her car. 3 cops drove by in the matter of 20 mins. None of them saw her because they were either on their phones or staring at their laptops while driving. She could see the lit up laptop screens. Finally a firetruck was going the opposite way which is a key note because there is a lot of trees between the lanes so you really can't see traffic going the other way. They spotted her and flipped around and offered assistance. It ended up being a battery issue and they fixed it right there for her. They were not even on the clock either because they already worked 1.5 hours past their 24 hour shift. She ended with how disappointed she was in the cops and that's when I said no ones said "**** the fire dept". Everyone laughed but also acknowledged it was so true.

I like cops but I don't think you should just get to graduate from academy and get a gun. That;s scary. Thats mm member out in grizzly country scary. That's going for a walk in the mountains during opener of rifle in utah scary.

No thanks. God wouldn't want cops to have guns. Fact.

In my experience, 99% of fire, ems ect does their very best to help people. I've had my life saved by ems more than once.

Also in my experience, cops are looking for a reason to arrest people. I've been arrested more than a few times and was guilty ONCE.

If you can't admit there's a lot of lazy or bad cops the discussion can't go any further.

I will never deny they are all good cops. But how many are a lot. I see people crowing about how bad cops are and a lot of them are awful, corrupt, killing innocent people, lazy and it reminds me of the left that saw it on a sensationalized news story and latched on to it. From there they drew the conclusion that most must be bad. Maybe I’m lucky and haven’t had any horrible experiences with cops and I’ve had plenty, mostly moving violations. I had plenty that were less than sweet to me too. I was at a party once when I was young and the cops showed up to bust it and one of them used the big f-word towards me. I was devastated until I wasn’t.

In my experience, 99% of fire, ems ect does their very best to help people. I've had my life saved by ems more than once.

Also in my experience, cops are looking for a reason to arrest people. I've been arrested more than a few times and was guilty ONCE.
Can you tell us about the arrests? Being arrested more than a few times while being completely innocent except for once could be some good stories. Were you hanging with the wrong people?

If you can't admit there's a lot of lazy or bad cops the discussion can't go any further.

I will never deny they are all good cops. But how many are a lot. I see people crowing about how bad cops are and a lot of them are awful, corrupt, killing innocent people, lazy and it reminds me of the left that saw it on a sensationalized news story and latched on to it. From there they drew the conclusion that most must be bad. Maybe I’m lucky and haven’t had any horrible experiences with cops and I’ve had plenty, mostly moving violations. I had plenty that were less than sweet to me too. I was at a party once when I was young and the cops showed up to bust it and one of them used the big f-word towards me. I was devastated until I wasn’t.
Don't make this political. It's not a left or right issue. Thank god for body cams, peoples cell phones, cameras etc. The good old days of a cops word being the final say are gone. Thank you baby jesus!

One armed bad cop is too much. Too bad its really hard to get rid of a cop unless he does something really terrible. I think cops should get wooden guns until they've been on the job about 10 years. Fricking scary knowing theres 22 yar old cops out there allowed to carry. Give me a grizzly bear over that any day of the week.

Can you tell us about the arrests? Being arrested more than a few times while being completely innocent except for once could be some good stories. Were you hanging with the wrong people?
Once for having ammo in the cab and an unloaded gun in the back of the pickup, perfectly legal, thrown in jail. Charges dismissed by the judge.

Arrested once on a warrant for a crime that I wasn't even remotely involved in, once I got in front of the judge he decided that there was zero evidence against me and charges were dismissed. But, thrown in jail.

Got pulled over by Forest Service LEO, friend of mine was driving. FS LEO made us lay face down in the snow, handcuffed at gunpoint while his partner searched the truck. No guns, but they found a broken flashlight in the tool box and arrested us for hunting at night. Thrown in jail after an illegal search. Charges dismissed on our first court appearance.

I was intoxicated in public once, thrown in jail. Pleaded guilty as charged.

I totally agree, body cams are great. It clears a bunch of cops and gives us some of the greatest video ever. I trust body cams more than a doctored video posted to prove an edited point. Also it can catch the few dozen out of thousands of cops a year we all have problems with.

Bluehair, another thing he could have done that would have sucked is put one of those bite/spit shields on your face and kept it there for everyone to see.

That’s a lame excuse. This isn’t a recent trend either. Cop issues go way back. You can sit and make excuse after excuse. But why isn’t there the hate towards the firemen? They get to see a lot of the ugly side of society too. Super rare for a bad encounter with a firemen.

And to try to mislead people on the difficulty of becoming a cop? Ahahhahahahsha. You’re not fooling anyone.

“F*** the fire dept”. Yep still doesn’t have the ring to it like police.
Lame excuse........ so be it. It seems like it’s poor timing to me.

I know I’m guilty of confirmation bias, on a major scale, however I find I have plenty of company in my state of altered reality.

Care on, if you must.

I agree with Captain Coues about body cams on all officers.. It will weed out the false allegations and support true allegations against officers being out of line.
In my career I have seen about 5-6 false allegations against officers, compared to every true one.
Back in the early 80's I started carrying a small micro tape recorder in my left shirt uniform pocket and tape recorded every conversation with a citizen that I felt could lead to false claims to get out of a criminal complaint.
Saved my bacon several times on I.A. investigations when I was accused of wrong doing by a person I arrested or gave a ticket too.
weiserbucks if those stories are true, you should be a millionaire by now for filing lawsuits based on false arrests by those officers.
RELH

Two weeks ago we put my dad to rest. Since he was a deputy not only did fellow deputy's and the sheriff show up but so did a lot of the city cops and police chief. It was the first time in my life being around so many cops didn't make me nervous.

Bluehair, another thing he could have done that would have sucked is put one of those bite/spit shields on your face and kept it there for everyone to see.
I’m not really sure of your beef here. Cop screwed up plain and simple. And he had a history of doing so. He was transferred here ’cause that’s what cops do - they rally ‘round the family.

So we get stuck with bad cops.

For the record, I want my cops to be happy and well paid.:) But don’t be an a$$.

Two weeks ago we put my dad to rest. Since he was a deputy not only did fellow deputy's and the sheriff show up but so did a lot of the city cops and police chief. It was the first time in my life being around so many cops didn't make me nervous.
Last call on the radio really hits home. Sorry about your dad.

weiserbucks if those stories are true, you should be a millionaire by now for filing lawsuits based on false arrests by those officers.
RELH
This is what’s wrong with the world today.

I got to make that very decision, but I decided that the money might be better spent if our underfunded department could maybe buy maps or gps or some other sophisticated cop stuff.:rolleyes:

Schools suffer the same thing. The taxpayers and stakeholders are getting screwed when they have to pay penalties (settlements) for incompetence.

I’m not really sure of your beef here. Cop screwed up plain and simple. And he had a history of doing so. He was transferred here ’cause that’s what cops do - they rally ‘round the family.

So we get stuck with bad cops.

For the record, I want my cops to be happy and well paid.:) But don’t be an a$$.
No beef. I’m not going to say you’re wrong and I’m right. It was just an attempt to be funny. Sorry if it looked like I was trolling you or something.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom