Why do member of the SFW think only their view counts?

pumaguy

Can someone tell me why everyone on here who expresses a different opinion than the SFW get titled as a whiner, a do-nothing complainer and such. What is wrong with going to a RAC on your own, e-mailing the DWR with ideas, and joining other fellow hunters on issues the SFW opposes such a plague. Last time I checked I was a Utah resident, a United States citizen, a registered voter and not a felon. I thought this gave me the right to speak my opinion. The SFW has come up with a proposal for elk and has asked for input on this message board, but as soon as someone expresses a view against any portion of the board they are immediately discredited as a non-serious hunter. I have attending DWR meetings before RAC's were even dreamed up (for those of you to young to remember we used to have a small game board and a separate big game board). I have been the president of a hunting association and have put time into proposals based on biological data and not public opinion. What gives anyone associated with the SFW anymore right to express an opinion on Utah's hunting future than a hunter who does not endorse their views and chooses to persue other options for wildlife management?

I would say that they don't have anymore right to voice their opinions than you or me. I think that the constant SFW bashing by a few consistent posters gets old. I mean how many times do we have to read about Fishon and why he left?? Since Wade Heaton did something stupid should we hold all 10,000 members of SFW responsible. Some people are actually calling Don Peay out to post on this site. That will not happen. If a guy wants to find Don, then he should go to the next Wildlife Board meeting, walk up to Don and express himself face to face. Some guys on here are actually naive enough to believe that the SFW Elk Proposal is already law.

News flash to everyone who posts here on MM: Giving our opinions over the internet solves nothing. Might make us feel good, but it won't change policy.

I agree pumaguy, them rotten------whoops, maybe you were talking about me? LOL
No hard feelings I hope? I'm sure you care as much about Utah wildlife as I, in fact as passionate as you are, I'm sure you do.

I also applaud you for going to the RAC's on your own and stating your case. Keep it up.

No one should discredit you for your feelings on wildlife, and I hope I haven't done that to anyone---I certainly don't mean to. As I stated, the thread was posted to hear other ideas, not as a bash thread.

Sorry I get so excited over the SFW stuff, I just hate to see some of what I see in the hunting world. I usually remain silent on most issues and probably should have done so on this one.

As I've said before to myself, I'm done with this subject. There's a big buck in Wyoming with my name on him. I need to find him and spend my time thinking about him until September.
To heck with them stinky, noisy elk!!! LOL

Later,

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I don't mind anyone voicing their opinion. But as others have said I get sick of people bashing Don, Troy, etc. I hardly know these guys and I guarntee they don't know me. but they work hard at what they do, and they put time and effort into it. I just feel like it is a waste of time for some people to bash them because they started SFW. many times it does not even matter what the issue is, as long as SFW is attached people have to fight it even if it would have came from someone else and supported it,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom