Why the Texan hate on hunting threads

It is you responsibility to know where you are at in Colorado. It does not have to fenced, marked or Posted.
Have to bring this up to the Texas Transplants every year.

It is you responsibility to know where you are at in Colorado. It does not have to fenced, marked or Posted.
Have to bring this up to the Texas Transplants every year.
Yep. Which is why I have OnX and study maps with land ownership when I hunt eastern Colorado. Regardless of what they say, IMO 98% of people who say “I didn’t know” are lying because they got caught.

Lots of people say: “I didn’t know the speed limit was only ….:. here”. too

Nobody likes a bragger, and Texas is full of them.
Here’s the thing about Texa$. A bunch of like-minded good old boys still run the place, and they hung out an “open for business“ sign when America needed it most.

A huge percentage of our GDP was generated by their economy, and multiple Presidents and both parties have taken credit for it.

I’m thankful for their contribution, and more than a little concerned about what happens when the libs flip it.

Y’all want a fence around Texas, but a strong case can be made for them fencing US out.

Pennsylvanians are the biggest a-holes I’ve met, at least lately. And New Yorkers are still the champs.

Went to Colorado a few years back hunting bucks during the rut. Drove through some private property on a public access road on our way to our hunting spot. On the way in, we stopped to admire some monster bucks rutting on the private property. One buck was a double dropper. While admiring these bucks with nothing more than a spotter and a phone scope, a guy pulls up and asks us what we are doing.
We tell him we are admiring those bucks that we cannot hunt. He then tells us he owns the land that they are on and we need to get moving. He apparently didn’t read our license plates and asks us where we are from. We tell him Utah. He gets all irate with us and tells us to “get the hell out of his state and to go hunt our own damn deer.”

Again, he told us we need to get moving (even though we are on a public road). We didn’t argue with the dude. We were doing nothing wrong, but I think he felt threatened because we had our peepers hooked on “his” wild animals. We moved on and let him have his peace. Ended up killing 3 nice bucks on public land not too far from his ground lol!

On a side note, I brought up the Texas story because I had one to tell and this was an appropriate thread to share it on. Was curious to see who it would strike a nerve with lol!

Had a guy from Oregon come into my elk hunting spot years ago and plop his happy butt down 50 yards from me, look over and wave at me before proceeding to get comfortable for the prime time evening hunt of watching the same 200 yard long stretch of dark timber at the edge of meadow we were in. He was planning on shooting whatever came out below us. I stood up, threw my hands up and looked at him. He quickly gathered up his stuff and left without incident. Hunter etiquette was obviously not a common sense activity for this out-of-state hunter. I don’t care if you drove from Mars to hunt that same patch of timber. If you weren’t there first, then move on to another unoccupied area. I would never sit on top of another hunter. In fact, I always have several backup plans in case there is someone in my spot. Why others feel entitled to stay in an area when it is occupied by someone else is beyond me. Musta been that out-of-stater mentality?

But really, they’re everywhere. Start up a thread about Utahan etiquette in the land of Utardia and I’ll share some appropriate stories there as well.
Folks need to quit getting so defensive toward the keyboard warriors, relax, and enjoy the entertainment.

I don’t care what state you’re from. Just like stirring the pot…on occasion.?
You can thank Tines up for his attitude towards you and his private land…

The answer to the OP in one pic
Photo courtesy of Tri

Screenshot_20220127-084237.jpg

Here’s the thing about Texa$. A bunch of like-minded good old boys still run the place, and they hung out an “open for business“ sign when America needed it most.

A huge percentage of our GDP was generated by their economy, and multiple Presidents and both parties have taken credit for it.

I’m thankful for their contribution, and more than a little concerned about what happens when the libs flip it.

Y’all want a fence around Texas, but a strong case can be made for them fencing US out.

Pennsylvanians are the biggest a-holes I’ve met, at least lately. And New Yorkers are still the champs.
They are good ole boys....... that’s true. We can’t afford to loose Texas......

That's why it's important they stay right where they are ?
Colorado would die without that Texa$$ money. So would NM, and who knows how many more places.

What should we replace it with, CA money? NY bucks? No thanks…..I’ll take the Texans for the summer.

Looks about right! ?

I bet you didn’t know that……

Interstate 10 Highway stretches from Florida to California. Over 50% of that road is in Texas :)

BOOMER SOONER!! Now, can we put this to rest, and all go get a damn beer? Inside of every Texan there is a SOONER dying to get out!

Wow! Those are some awesome scenes! When I retire next year I’ll be coming to see them ? I will make sure grizzly is in hibernation before I come that way though ?

Nobody called me on my joke though. I was stretching the truth about interstate 10. It’s almost 900 miles thru Texas, but that is only about 1/3 of the whole interstate

Wow! Those are some awesome scenes! When I retire next year I’ll be coming to see them ? I will make sure grizzly is in hibernation before I come that way though ?

Nobody called me on my joke though. I was stretching the truth about interstate 10. It’s almost 900 miles thru Texas, but that is only about 1/3 of the whole interstate
Doc, when you decide it’s time to point the wagon tongue toward the ole North Star, drop me a PM an I’ll make some arrangements to see that you get a decent meal or two. I’m at just about ground central in Canyon Country.

We figured it was just another myth they teach Texans in grade school ?

You're welcome here any time, I'll buy you lunch ??

So when are you Texans gonna start controlling that border?!

We need some big mouth, prideful people from down there to step up and keep our boarder safe!

Y’all Texans up for the challenge of putting your money where your mouth is?!

Maybe at that point, when we see some security progress, we’ll back off on the Texas slander!

If you big shots don’t do something productive soon, we’ll have to start calling you “TEXICO”

So when are you Texans gonna start controlling that border?!

We need some big mouth, prideful people from down there to step up and keep our boarder safe!

Y’all Texans up for the challenge of putting your money where your mouth is?!

Maybe at that point, when we see some security progress, we’ll back off on the Texas slander!

If you big shots don’t do something productive soon, we’ll have to start calling you “TEXICO”

That problem is ALL on Biden. Texas doesn't have the billions necessary to build a wall, and even if we did, Bidens policies won't let us send the people back when they do get here. You are just as responsible for the border as we are. It is the US border, not the Texas border. But you knew that.....

And how about the AZ immigration crisis OW

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom