Why would you target/practice shooting in your hunting camp?

Thill

I live in decent elk/deer country, with the 4th season opening tomorrow for deer and elk. I have pretty good idea most of the time of the game in this area. Earlier today, I heard at least 500 rounds shot off as I was chopping wood. All of the shooting came from a nasty 4 wheel drive road that is not overly popular because of its nastyness and steep hunting terrain. We had enough snow last Friday that I chained up my UTV on Sunday and made run up the road as grouse season is still open and was curious to see how far up the mountain I could make it and if any grouse would still be around. Anyway, I was pleasantly suprised at all the elk and a couple of deer that I moved off of this road on my way up the mountain. I encountered enough game that I made several phone calls to my elk/deer deprived buddies that they should grab any leftover or reissued tags that might surface. I have since called them and told them not to pick up any tags as I camp of yahoos are having a shooting party about where they should start hunting. I drove up to camp and they said they were just killing time until the opener tomorrow and having fun shooting.
I couldn't tell them what had been up the road less than a mile from there camp. I just told them Colorado big game are not hard of hearing and drove off.
Why Why would you target practice where you are planning on hunting?

Officially there’s nothing wrong with it but I’ll bet you 20 bucks I’ll go visit them on Sunday and they won’t have a thing in camp or have seen a animal because of this shooting activity.

It was rounds of 3 to 10 for about four hours it was entertaining at first then I was jealous of the amount of ammo that had been shot.

I’m done big game hunting for the year unless a quality deer tag comes along. The freezer is full, my son got a cow moose and a cow elk and I got a bull and buck antelope.

I was hunting 3rd season Colorado and we had a beautiful 175 class Buck standing 30 yards out the passenger side window with 20 Does. My buddy was taking pictures when some jackass shot from 350 yards and killed the Buck.

SS! This is fun. Way more fun than watching the fake news on TV.

What really upset me was they didn’t come and help me chop the wood And offer me some ammo.

And we all know animals can sense when your hunting and when you’re not.

Homer when I do they that they take off 90 miles an hour and the real buck that I didn’t know about and would have shot takes off the other direction.

Hunt camp diva's come in multiple types. The shooters, The Drunks, The ATV yahoos, are the 3 worst. Many hunt camps have all 3. During this Elk season the area had a very large bull the ATV, Drunks were after. They ruined the hunting for every other camp on the mountain. They were hunting that bull in two states as the bull was hanging right on the line within 1/2 mile. Gang hunting at its worst. Shooting in camp can be insane by some of the drunk ATV yahoos

There are a couple of bucks chasing does HARD in the hayfield next door right now.

The neighbors who live 300 yards away across the field are shooting tannerite:ROFLMAO:

Hunt camp diva's come in multiple types. The shooters, The Drunks, The ATV yahoos, are the 3 worst. Many hunt camps have all 3. During this Elk season the area had a very large bull the ATV, Drunks were after. They ruined the hunting for every other camp on the mountain. They were hunting that bull in two states as the bull was hanging right on the line within 1/2 mile. Gang hunting at its worst. Shooting in camp can be insane by some of the drunk ATV yahoos
I had the fosgate party camp set up about a mile from me one time. It wasn’t enough for them to have concert quality stereo equipment on their trailers, they had that crap on their straight piped sxs’s too.:oops:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom