whys Russia so pist?

M

manny15

i guess i missed it, what is the missle shield? and why does it scare the Ruskies?

thanks Manny

Russia views this as a slap in the face. The U.S. is building it on former Soviet Controlled (Russian)/Warsaw Pact soil. In addition with the increased oil and natural gas revenue Moscow can flex it's muscles and isn't dependent upon World Bank hand outs.

If it wasn't the missile shield it would be some other issue.

Nemont

I think they see it as a form of nuclear proliferation. I don't think it's a defense from retaliation as they see it, but given our current standing and popularity around the world anything we do will be be criticized.

My question is why are we building a anti missile system for the Czech's? If 'Rogue' States are targeting Europe and France in particular why whould we pay for their defense?

Stumped,

Beanman

They are just whacking us while we are down. Because we are bogged down in Irag and everyone hates us he sees us as vulnerable. Putin is on record as saying a missile defense shield targeted against launches from rogue states (North Korea, Iran) is a good idea.

Yes purely political. It was only a year ago when Putin was quoted as saying how he was for it and what good could come from it.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-07 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]We are building missle sites there to intercept Iranian missles launched at the eastern seaboard of the U.S., not to protect europe.
ismith
45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom