Wide old 4th season buck

utah450

It was a pretty tough hunt, but I made the most of it and had a really good time. I headed over to CO on Friday afternoon and got my scouting started just as the 3rd season guys were wrapping up. I found my buck on Monday morning and figured that I better keep on him since I hadn't seen another mature buck up to that point. It took 4 days to get him killed. I was starting to get nervous Friday night when I hadn't seen him since the opener. Saturday afternoon, I caught him in a small opening in some pretty thick cedars and the hunt was on.

He is my widest buck to date and has incredible beams.

20211127_145401.jpg

20211127_171507.jpg

20211127_171602.jpg

Congrats. This year was tuff on all seasons with it being so warm and dry!!! Thanks for sharing.

congrats on a great buck - all of the hype for this year on 3rd and 4th season with the later dates did not come to fruition (thanks mostly to crazy warm weather), but it is always good to be in Colorado with a tag as it can happen at any moment if you keep after it.

Congratulations, glad the 4th season worked for you. It probably took a boat load of points. Great buck!
It took a few. There was actually negative point creep. I wouldn't have drawn last year, yet I did this year. I was just expecting another point. Maybe folks moved to 3rd thinking the bucks would be thinned out earlier? Not what I anticipated, but I am good with it in the end.

It was a pretty tough hunt, but I made the most of it and had a really good time. I headed over to CO on Friday afternoon and got my scouting started just as the 3rd season guys were wrapping up. I found my buck on Monday morning and figured that I better keep on him since I hadn't seen another mature buck up to that point. It took 4 days to get him killed. I was starting to get nervous Friday night when I hadn't seen him since the opener. Saturday afternoon, I caught him in a small opening in some pretty thick cedars and the hunt was on.

He is my widest buck to date and has incredible beams.

View attachment 61330

View attachment 61331

View attachment 61332

View attachment 61333
Dang, taking a video? I'd be shooting first!

Congrats on a stud!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom