Wife and Daughter like to Hunt

hawkbill

Very Active Member
A2A367A5-4E5E-40D3-8831-6B156984DDE6.jpeg
49530F4B-6978-4CBB-9AEF-DD8D5FDC69B1.jpeg
87C92D91-A933-4A3F-A2CC-F04938756CA9.jpeg
429E5503-D283-4EB8-8C58-969067DBA5C0.jpeg
I had a great time hunting with my wife and daughter this fall. They know how to fill the freezer. My wife got it done on a big Bull moose grunted him in to 35 yards, she said that was really close, will they charge, I just looked at her and said they have been known to do that. I’m super proud of them both.

You are a lucky man to have your wife and Daughter as hunting companions. Now since the wife and daughter filled the freezer, are you going to cook the steaks for them?
Give both of them a big pat on the back for a job well done.

My wife also went on hunting trips with me and our sons. She would not pull the trigger on a animal, but did a great job of spotting them off in the distance and helping me field dress them out.
RELH

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Elkassassin would like to know the story on the Bull Moose so hear you go in short version. First off this is the only lifetime animal my wife really wanted, she was really getting tired of me dragging home old mt sheep and mt goats old deer and old elk. She really likes putting the hammer down on young tasty cow Elk. This Hunt took place outside of a small town in Idaho, and we had the help of my daughter and three different teen age boys who were sick of online school and the whole China flu lockdown. We watched the weather closely and when it cooled down in mid October we got word the Moose were really ruttin. There were Moose every where And our guide a twelve year old smart ass kept getting on me about how I never spot anything, how my hearing is bad and I have to stop and pee to often. We let that big Bull go the first day looking for bigger, but we watched him and his cows move to the river. The next morning my wife said to me if I see that Bull this morning I know how I’m going to kill him. Well we did see him and had to move fast to get between him and the river. We snuck over a little rise in the tall grass and could see the cows coming down the draw he was 100 yards behind, his big head swinging and grunting every step. Kory was set up on a trigger stick and the cows passed us at 60 yards, she was ready, when the Bull was 60 yards out, I grunted and that big Bull spun right towards us and came right up to 30 yards head on and stopped and stared, I whispered don’t shoot he needs to be broadside, his big old head swinging , he finally turns to follow the cows and we have to let him move around a bush and I grunt again he stops and swings those big antlers to look at us and she lets him have it with her 7mm-08. The bullet hits him hard and stops him, Kory puts one more bullet in him and he drops . My daughter and the twelve year old smart ass guide got to watch the whole thing from 80 yards away. I looked over at my wife and said how was that for action, her eyes were big and clear and she asked was that Moose going to charge, I laughed and said not today. Even though I caught a lot of crap from the younger generation, I still tipped the guide.

Love it-some of my best memories and moments hunting have been with my 14 year old daughter. Doesn’t get any better than that!!

That's awesome! I love hunting with my kids. That doe antelope picture made me laugh because it looks like she is choking it out.

My daughters and my wife all shoot 7mm-08, it has been a very good caliber with light recoil shooting Nosler Accubonds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom