Wife's First Javelina (pic)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
When my wife and I officially became AZ residents, we visited the Pinetop G&F Office and purchased our resident archery deer tags and everything else we could buy OTC (bear, lion, turkey). I picked up a leftover HAM (Handgun, archery, muzzy) javelina tag for her, as the archery only tags for January were sold out for the unit nearby. No worries though, I told her she could use her bow during the HAM hunt, as well.

So, last week before all the storms rolled in, we woke up early and headed off the rim in search of the little critters. Not too long after daybreak, I spotted a good sized herd about 1/2 mile away and eventually moved into archery range. Once well placed arrow from her bow did the trick, as the big ol' boar only went about 60 yards! I've arrowed a lot of javelina over the years, but hers had the largest head I've seen on a collared peccary.....not to mention it was pretty darn pig for a javy. She was pretty excited, to say the least......man I LOVE this state! Hope you enjoy.

18834dsc0026.jpg

30275dsc0027.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congratulations, the 1st only happens once ... the smiles in the quality photo says the rest.
Bruce & SilverGrand

That's awesome! Congrats. Good shooting, good times and good pack out! You made her carry that thing!? What a badass

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Congrats on the pig and congrats again on becoming an az resident. My only regret is the fact our wildlife populations will be impacted in a negative manner>>>>>>>>> :^)

Nice to see the old man and the wife enjoying the same sport!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-19 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]Thanks, everyone. Had the entire thing made into Chirizo....it's awesome!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congrats to the huntress!

Looks like you've done what I keep telling my wife...that I'm moving to AZ when I retire! She can come later, after she retires!! :D :D :D

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom