Wifes Nevada Buck

COSA

Opening morning, my wife shot him from 400 yards right through the heart. He's 24" wide and his body was huge for a Nevada deer. Had a good layer of fat on him.

Oct2006hunting022.jpg

Oct2006hunting019.jpg

Me hiking him out, luckily it wasn't too far. Unluckily it was uphill.

Oct2006hunting029.jpg

I'm off to Idaho on Monday. Good luck to everyone else.

Shoot fire man, your wife looks tough enough to pack half that thing out! Looks like you got the whole thing on your back, even packed out the backbone?

My wife killed a cow elk last year and when I suggested we make a couple trips she looked at me like I was some kind of idiot for even suggesting two trips! I just nodded and put both front quarters and straps on her packboard and took the hinds. Once I got it on her I specifically never looked back and didn't make eye contact til we hit the road - Oh, and I took the gun away from her too! She was a whipped puppy when we got out, but still thinks it was worth only one trip?

Course, if I'd of packed it all like you're doing, that would have made her even happier! Can I get your number for her elk hunt this year, she could really use a tougher pack buddy? You might want to make two trips with her elk though?!

Tell your wife nice job!

Congrats to your wife, she shoots better than most males including me. Women who hunt are a lot tougher than you think!

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Congradulations. Sure the bucks happy too. Would you rather get shot by a pretty, sweet smelling woman or a hairy, sweaty guy?

Jerry,

Give her my congratulations. And to you too. Very nice buck and a great shot. Country looks good this year.

Congrats, that is awesome. Good to see that your wife enjoys being out in the field with you. Hopefully I can someday find a woman like that.

BowHuntr

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-06 AT 07:42PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-06 AT 07:31?PM (MST)

It was in unit 4, though it looks a lot like 6 or 7 with the buckbrush and burns. We had just negotiated some cliffs after our first glassing point did not show anything, and were going to sidehilll it against the wind to look over some other quakie patches where we saw some bucks Thur. night scouting. For some reason I always see the deer first with my own eyes before I see them in the binos, and I do a lot of glassing. 2 bucks started working their way toward us, but then reversed directions and started moving towards a quakie patch. My wife got into a steady position, and it took about 10 minutes for him to come out of a draw. I knew it was kind of a long downhill shot, but she said she was steady on him, I told her to hold 4-6" above his back. I couldn't have placed it from 1 ft. better than where it hit him. She doesn't shoot all that much, but has been a natural from the first time I took her out shooting.

As far as the pack out, we really wanted to get him out whole to show our kids (my bucks always seem to come out boned). But he was just too big to drag. It was only about a 1/2 mile to the quad and about 500 feet of elevation, so the hike out was not as bad as the picture looks like. She's helped me take 2 deer 9 miles out of WY, but I'm still been giving her a hard time about not helping me gut and skin him. I've field dressed quite a few animals, but the amount of fat this boy had me a little confused at certain points.

And that thing around his nose is a hair tie, she didn't want any blood in the pictures. As for the pink shirt, she had camo on when she shot him.

Carl, My apologies, I hope Reggie was not behaving as bad at your house as he is here with our dog in heat.

Nice photos and a great buck Congrads to you and the wife,,,

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

A Beautiful lady and a Great looking buck it really don't get much better then that, that some great shots of the deer and country. Cosa I wouldn't make her mad after that shot you could be in deep Water.

Jerry,

Congratulations to your wife on a real nice buck. Now that is the hard way to get the meat back home, better you than me. LOL
Good luck up there in Idaho on your hunt and show us pictures when you get back.
I will be coming through Winn. next month.

Brian

That looks like a helluva Chukar knob in the background. Did you see any?-by the way congrats to the wife on the Buck.

My guess was area 7 as well. Great buck for your wife. The last picture seems to display your portion of the work, she must have had most of the fun....lol

There were two groups of chukar we flushed of that knob on Thur. night scouting. I think it's about 8200 ft.

so what did the buck weigh after you gutted him? i wish idaho had that type of country. i miss nevada. idaho is great too though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom