Wild birds to hunt

eelgrass

Long Time Member
We're fortunate in the US to be able to hunt all kinds of birds. Ducks, geese, swans, turkeys, quail, doves, grouse, chukar, pheasants, etc. Some of them aren't even native to North America. One of the most popular birds to eat in America are chickens. How come there are no wild chickens to hunt?

Somebody plant some chicken so we can get a season.

Eel every morning around 10-11 A.M. we have about 12-14 turkeys that walk though the yard. Do not even think about shooting them as the wife will practice the three "S's" on you.

RELH

We hunt wild Prairie Chickens on the mountain. The original chickens the pioneers ate. Many different species of Grouse. From 10,000 feet to the valley floor. Here’s my hunting buddy.

04A31D73-77D4-4D12-B54D-3F109228A066.jpeg

Yes I took a few Ruffed Grouse . But didn’t find any Blues yet this year during the season. Had a few Ruffed Grouse in the front yard every day. But we safe those for food storage. ?? It was nice to meet you on the mountain. You should have stopped by the cabin.

Take Bluehairs advice, I don't think you even need a license? ?
I ran over one in the Marriott parking lot. I would have eaten it but I'm generally on a liquid diet there.;)

On a sorta related topic, I don't think I've ever seen as many grouse as I saw this year. I saw 2 "coveys" with over a dozen birds. Lots pairs and threesomes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom