Wild pig mole

Snoopdogg

Long Time Member
Tonight I had to make some pork mole.

I had pressure cooked all the scraps from this tasty sow: leg bones, spine, neck, pelvis. Once cool, I picked off all the meat and what was left of the connective tissue and chopped / shredded while discarding bone and tendon's that didn't render down.

I then packaged most into quart size freezer bags for use as pozole, mole, or anything I want down the road.

So I couldn't just freeze all of it--mole time!

Heated up several types of dried chile, onions, garlic in oil then put in blender with some bay leaves, water, garlic / onion powder and blended until smooth. I don't use chocolate in my mole, I just don't.

Put mixture into pan with some tomato paste, salt, a little oregano and added the meat with broth and let it simmer for 30 minutes.

Made some white rice separately and added mole on top. Damn it's good!

20211026_200908.jpg

Tonight I had to make some pork mole.

I had pressure cooked all the scraps from this tasty sow: leg bones, spine, neck, pelvis. Once cool, I picked off all the meat and what was left of the connective tissue and chopped / shredded while discarding bone and tendon's that didn't render down.

I then packaged most into quart size freezer bags for use as pozole, mole, or anything I want down the road.

So I couldn't just freeze all of it--mole time!

Heated up several types of dried chile, onions, garlic in oil then put in blender with some bay leaves, water, garlic / onion powder and blended until smooth. I don't use chocolate in my mole, I just don't.

Put mixture into pan with some tomato paste, salt, a little oregano and added the meat with broth and let it simmer for 30 minutes.

Made some white rice separately and added mole on top. Damn it's good!
Looks great. (y)

I'm with you on the "no chocolate" choice.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom