Wildlife Task Force Public Meeting- June 16 and 17

elks96

Long Time Member
Saw this come through the local media via Facebook. I wish I shared the optimism of the article, but sadly feel the deck is stacked against the DIY and resident hunters.

I am tore as there is also a meeting in Baggs that same time frame on the Mule Issues. Baggs area mule deer are a top priority...

If unanimous consent is not required for the group to support an issue, sportsman will be the big losers with this task force.

If unanimous consent is not required for the group to support an issue, sportsman will be the big losers with this task force.
I agree... I can not see this group passing anything that will help resident or diy hunters. I see this group poised to hurt the average resident hunter and really slam it to the DIY NR.

I agree... I can not see this group passing anything that will help resident or diy hunters. I see this group poised to hurt the average resident hunter and really slam it to the DIY NR.
Better than screwing all NRs.

Better than screwing all NRs.
They will screw the NR. When they decide to take landowner vouchers it will not be from the resident pool of licenses. When they decide to carve out more restrictions like the current wilderness rule, it will screw the NR.
When they figure it out you will be seeing a massive hit the diy NR. Do you really think the outfitters care about you or just about money?

Jm77,

I am planning on attending but after looking at the agenda for the first meeting I am questioning that decision. Looks to be nothing more than an administrative and ground rule setting meeting. Am I missing something more substantive in this first meeting?

They will screw the NR. When they decide to take landowner vouchers it will not be from the resident pool of licenses. When they decide to carve out more restrictions like the current wilderness rule, it will screw the NR.
When they figure it out you will be seeing a massive hit the diy NR. Do you really think the outfitters care about you or just about money?
Its pretty sad that the thing driving this is the outfitters and the money. That should never be what drives hunting laws and/or changes. They should care about the animal and whats best for ALL that are involved. Residents, NON-Residents, Fish and Game, local economies and so on.

Jm77,

I am planning on attending but after looking at the agenda for the first meeting I am questioning that decision. Looks to be nothing more than an administrative and ground rule setting meeting. Am I missing something more substantive in this first meeting?
Good question. I think it's important for the public to be involved in the rule making process, but doesn't look like we will to much of any degree. I already see the agenda mentions possibly cutting the time for public comments based on available time.

Buzz and I are planning to be there. I want to see for myself how this starts out. I knew after attending one meeting of the past funding task force that it was destined for failure. Could this group be any different?

There was a time I really wanted this group to come up with some solid recommendations. After seeing the players, I am not so sure. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Time will tell.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom