Will the BOSS make a come back???

ce61

With the popularity of barrel tuners, does anybody think that Browning will bring back the BOSS , barrel tuner that they had??

Maybe.
It was ahead of it's time and not too many folks were excited about some contraption on the end of the barrel but if we all would have known then what we know now, they'd probably be an available accessory on about every rifle.

Zeke

I have one in 300 winmag. shoots pretty good. I did not adjust the BOSS on it already was tuned to 180 gr and shoots pretty well.

Had it on a .243 bolt action and 7mm BAR when they first came out. I machined thin sleeves to fit over them because the noise level was as bad as having a brake. Seemed to work ok as advanced.

I think if I had to "tune" my barrel, the barrel would go down the road. mtmuley
Sort of the reverse of hand loading.
When hand loading you tune your load to the gun/barrel. With the boss you are tuning the barrel to the ammo. Worked good for tuning factory ammo. But my hand loads are more accurate yet took a lot more work to create the right recipe.

Had it on a .243 bolt action and 7mm BAR when they first came out. I machined thin sleeves to fit over them because the noise level was as bad as having a brake. Seemed to work ok as advanced.
they are a brake....

They always sold a "non-ported" version of the Boss that could be used when hunting to reduce the muzzle blast / noise experienced by the shooter.
I have two rifles with the BOSS system, and have solid as well as ported attachments for each. They work extremely well, and do allow you to fine tune your handloads as well as factory loads.

Many shooters are not that diligent in experimentation, and simply left them in their factory position. No real harm, but to get the actual advantage you needed to burn a bit of powder and try different settings.

Bill

They always sold a "non-ported" version of the Boss that could be used when hunting to reduce the muzzle blast / noise experienced by the shooter.
I have two rifles with the BOSS system, and have solid as well as ported attachments for each. They work extremely well, and do allow you to fine tune your handloads as well as factory loads.

Many shooters are not that diligent in experimentation, and simply left them in their factory position. No real harm, but to get the actual advantage you needed to burn a bit of powder and try different settings.

Bill
I think when they came out , they had the ports and then came out with the non ported version when people complained on the noise. Don't think they came out at the same time. ce61

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom