Will We Get Emails Today Let it Roll

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-15 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]It's good to know that I'm not the only one that suffers from severe DHAAS (Draw Hunt Application Anticipation Syndrome)...

Once this important stuff is taken care of I can figure out what to do the rest of the year......if it fits with my hunt plans.

I sure hope we do. I'm ready to know if the backdoor was accurate so I can start buying maps and planning scouting trips. Late Aug will come very quickly.

Haha...already started the working out part. just put in a garage gym which really helps when you have 2 kids 2 and under.

I should stay away from MM for awhile. It has got me anxious as can be about the NM results. I should just go with what the state says, April 29th. Good luck to all!

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-15
>AT 08:29?AM (MST)

>
>It's good to know that I'm
>not the only one that
>suffers from severe DHAAS (Draw
>Hunt Application Anticipation Syndrome)...

Hahaha this one cracked me up! But it is sooo true...

I hope the emails come out later this evening.. man 5 o' clock can't come fast enough!

It does help to stay away from MM but it is really hard with computers at work and home and smart phones...was good over the weekend because my now 14 year old had a volleyball tournament at the convention center all weekend which helped keep me occupied...yesterday and today...not so much!!! come on 3pm!!!

ha yeah it's nice to be busy this time of year. I'm hoping 3pm too as I think that's about when they started getting sent out last year.

I think that they will continue to send afternoon emails the day before no matter what the official date/time is. It saves the server. The site would probably just fold up like a rag doll at 10am tomorrow if they didn't. Sending the emails is a very good way to defer traffic.

Ouch. That's what the website said for the turkey and bear results. They didn't show up until 10 am just like the website says. I feel like we're being punished. :)

I agree. I still don't know what the big deal is. I'm a little bothered with how they are treating all of us when we give them millions to invest for a couple months (most of my apps are in in January).

Without us, there is no them, and the whole disassembling the website and leaving us hanging still bothers me. As a resident, I've got about $1200 parked in their account somewhere, and I'd like to see some official results already. We all know they have them; just give 'em up so we can all move on.

Don't get me wrong, the hunting is one of the few things this state has going for it, and NMDGF does a great job the vast majority of the time, but the effort they've gone to this year to slam the ole Backdoor shut bothers me for some reason - probably just because I can't think of one good reason for it.

Sorry to keep harping on this. I'll go back and sit patiently in my corner now and wait like a good little customer. :)

This is kind of how I feel as well. If you have the results, why not release them.

>I agree. I still don't know
>what the big deal is.
>I'm a little bothered with
>how they are treating all
>of us when we give
>them millions to invest for
>a couple months (most of
>my apps are in in
>January).
>
>Without us, there is no them,
>and the whole disassembling the
>website and leaving us hanging
>still bothers me. As a
>resident, I've got about $1200
>parked in their account somewhere,
>and I'd like to see
>some official results already. We
>all know they have them;
>just give 'em up so
>we can all move on.
>
>
>Don't get me wrong, the hunting
>is one of the few
>things this state has going
>for it, and NMDGF does
>a great job the vast
>majority of the time, but
>the effort they've gone to
>this year to slam the
>ole Backdoor shut bothers me
>for some reason - probably
>just because I can't think
>of one good reason for
>it.
>
>Sorry to keep harping on this.
>I'll go back and sit
>patiently in my corner now
>and wait like a good
>little customer. :)

My guess is that they will send them out very close to the time and date they told you they would when you applied. Can you imagine how some would react if they rushed this all and made some errors - bitching and crying would not describe it. I love that I know we are going hunting on multiple tags and the anticipation of learning exactly which units/dates is all part of the fun to me.

I would like to see the results early as much as anybody, but in defense of the G&F, they shouldn't be releasing them if they are not final. Same reason they had to slam the backdoors shut, because there is no advantage to releasing the final product until it's actually final.

The G&F didn't ask all the people to try to find loopholes in their system which would allow them to see unofficial results, and G&F spent a fair amount of time trying to fix those instead of focusing on completing the draw. So anyone trying to find the loopholes can only blame themselves for any additional time the draw took.

When we all signed up back in March, the date of results was listed at April 29th, we all basically agreed to that when we gave them our money. And now everyone is getting upset that they aren't releasing them early, and that they tried to prevent us from seeing an incomplete final product? What the G&F has done so far is called sound business practice anywhere else in the world......

Well, they'll have us trained in the next few years to not even bother looking for a backdoor. That being said, it's not like someone was hacking in the site or being sneaky.... they just put it right out there for the world to see. Hard to blame people for looking.

I seriously doubt that the website people that were closing the loopholes are the same people doing the draw. It didn't slow anything down. This draw is going exactly as the turkey/bear draw went, and is just how it is going to be from here on out. Like I said, they'll have us trained soon enough.

Sorry for the rant. According to the "backdoor," I've potentially just got an elk, oryx, ibex, and bighorn tag hanging in the balance, and it's got me a bit on edge to get the final results. ;) I'll sit quietly now and stop complaining because it looks like NMDGF has been very good to me this year (what's the emoticon for fingers crossed?). :)

The backdoor was simply just poor coding on the developers part. Much like an app that was released on a mobile platform. With a new site, there were going to be bugs, and this being the first year that the new site has seen a draw it was the perfect time to find those mistakes and fix them.

All the code does for the site is just pull data from another codes database. We were simply viewing our results through a flaw in their design. There was no hacking involved. Their site did not crash. Nor was it harmed in anyway.

Although I do agree that since nearly all residents saw their results someway or another, they should release them early ;)

>We are screwed boys!! Tomorrow at
>ten... wait and see... hope
>I'm wrong but they seem
>a bit "HURT"

Basically, get ready to not get your results tomorrow at 10am because about 3 people are going to be able to log in. I think they should absolutely be sending emails. It just keeps the internet traffic down.

Yeah, this is cracking me up. I agree with some folks above. They are going to make this as painful as possible and wait until tomorrow at 10am.

We can thank all the folks calling in to ask if the back door was accurate instead of just taking it for what it was. A hint of what may happen.

whitlow, I think that is exactly the problem. Guys just aren't satisfied with the peek they get.

5PM Santa Fe time would also make sense. I could see them hitting send as they walk out the door so they would have some time for things to simmer down before the phones ring off the hook in the morning.

If Nevada can post results within 48 hours of the draw taking place (as required by law)... why does New Mexico need to spend our hunting license fees paying some programmer just to make sure we don't find out early.

Seems kind of ridiculous. But, maybe I'm just grumpy since the backdoor said I'm not hunting in NM this year. Too bad for me, but Congrats to those who drew.

Grizzly

>5PM Santa Fe time would also
>make sense. I could
>see them hitting send as
>they walk out the door
>so they would have some
>time for things to simmer
>down before the phones ring
>off the hook in the
>morning.

Agreed, that's the next best hope! haha If they don't send emails today, that will be going against the normal for the past 5 years or so. But who knows.

Nevada has a much smaller number of applications. Of course, they may also benefit from all the technology in their state that has been perfected by the gambling industry. :)

However, yes, I agree with you in this digital age with online apps, results could be done and audited in even less time. They have improved tremendously but like all of us in most areas of life, there is still room for more progress.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom